Lumia 520 : Discussion thread

Are you a Lumia 520 user?

• Total voters

Piyush

Lanaya
Haven't played Uno. But, if you play games for a prolonged period, it will be hot around the top part of the mobile . If the game is heavy, it will get heat rapidly.

it gets heated up within 5 mins. And the game has no heavy visual effects. Its a plain old simple card game. Lemme know if you try it once.

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
What Precautions to be taken while updating the phone through OTA?
I've backed up the data.
The free space on the phone is 1.8 Gb should I delete few app & make more space?

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
Woah, finally. I will yet by eve only. What're the features that came to L520?

I've backed up the data.
The free space on the phone is 1.8 Gb should I delete few app & make more space?
No backup is needed, as the updates won't reset the phone.

reniarahim1

Youngling
I've backed up the data.

Nothing much. If you have around 500 mb free space u can go ahead and update. All the data will be preserved.

sksundram

In the zone
Is OTA the only way to update or it can be done by downloading update files onto your PC and then transferring it to phone? how much space does amber update consume btw?

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
thanks
Would like to know any good updates? Has Other storage issue been resolved in this update?

Supposedly. It'll now hover at around the 2GB limit at max. Dont know whether its effective or not. Brings FM radio and minor camera fixes too apparently.

Thanks reniarahim :)

Last edited:

reniarahim1

Youngling
Is OTA the only way to update or it can be done by downloading update files onto your PC and then transferring it to phone? how much space does amber update consume btw?

U can install the update through NSU software. But this will wipe out the data completely (more or less like hard reset). I dont see any increase in the memory used after amber update.

thanks
Would like to know any good updates? Has Other storage issue been resolved in this update?

glance screen, data sense and fm radio are the major changes. looks like other storage issue is also resolved.

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
U can install the update through NSU software. But this will wipe out the data completely (more or less like hard reset). I dont see any increase in the memory used after amber update.

glance screen, data sense and fm radio are the major changes. looks like other storage issue is also resolved.
Are you sure, you got a glance screen?
Heard Glance screen won't be there for L520 coz of "Software limitations". Nokia changed their mind, after acquired by MSFT? :p

reniarahim1

Youngling
Are you sure, you got a glance screen?
Heard Glance screen won't be there for L520 coz of "Software limitations". Nokia changed their mind, after acquired by MSFT? :p

Oops not sure abt Glance screen in L520. Did my update on L720. Double tap is not tere in L720 also.

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
*allaboutwindowsphone.com/images/flow/misc/1ambergrid.png

620 is the one with least updates a.k.a disaster struck phone.

Top Bottom