Lumia 520 : Discussion thread

Are you a Lumia 520 user?

• Total voters

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
I am experiencing some problems with the phone. Random reboots and hanging. I have to remove the battery when it is hanged. I dont know what exactly went wrong. Did you guys have similar problems? Just noticed it a day ago that phone seems to hanging too often. Will look for a week.

hanging happens mainly when i open maps. it is highly irritating me

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
I am experiencing some problems with the phone. Random reboots and hanging. I have to remove the battery when it is hanged. I dont know what exactly went wrong. Did you guys have similar problems? Just noticed it a day ago that phone seems to hanging too often. Will look for a week.

hanging happens mainly when i open maps. it is highly irritating me

Does the phone not repond to even the start button ?

Not sure. I have had one random reboot so far from mine.

Gauravs90

geek........
press and hold power button and then press and hold volume down button for 10 sec. This will reboot your device without removing the battery.

sksundram

In the zone
So my elder brother, a Nokia 520 user, told me many a times that the fonts on his phone got unusually bigger at times like when he was surfing internet once or when he unlocked it after taking it out of his jeans pocket. it happens randomly. what could be the reason? is it a software glitch?

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
So my elder brother, a Nokia 520 user, told me many a times that the fonts on his phone got unusually bigger at times like when he was surfing internet once or when he unlocked it after taking it out of his jeans pocket. it happens randomly. what could be the reason? is it a software glitch?

Settings > Ease of access : turn off magnifier.

Piyush

Lanaya
Can anyone try installing and play Uno. My phone gets heated up during this game. I wanna confirm this issue.

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
Can anyone try installing and play Uno. My phone gets heated up during this game. I wanna confirm this issue.
Haven't played Uno. But, if you play games for a prolonged period, it will be hot around the top part of the mobile . If the game is heavy, it will get heat rapidly.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Guys,
Which is the best app for G Mail which can notify me after every new mail?

Not sure, but there was a third party Gmail app by the same name.

PS: Why not set gmail to forward to the hotmail/live account and get the mail via push (instantly)? Thats the fastest way.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
We're doomed when it comes to Google products. :|
However, you can set the sync settings to "As items arrive" in your linked gmail settings.

That option is not available now. My L920 had it, but not the L520. Google recently removed support for it AFAIK.

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
Actually, it's working for me still..

wp_ss_20130923_0001.jpg

Top Bottom