Lumia 520 : Discussion thread

Are you a Lumia 520 user?

• Total voters
OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
Second question, any file manager app to view folders on SD cards ? I need it to manually play few educational videos manually located in various folders. In Videos app on WP, i see all my videos but they are not in the order i want. All i want is, navigate to folder, tap on file to play it.

Kirik SD File Viewer Lite | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (भारत)

For this to use, you've to place your videos outside the "Videos" folder (in a separate folder or maybe).

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Are you sure ? Isn't class 10 faster than class 6 ?

Second question, any file manager app to view folders on SD cards ? I need it to manually play few educational videos manually located in various folders. In Videos app on WP, i see all my videos but they are not in the order i want. All i want is, navigate to folder, tap on file to play it.

yes, but only on natively supprted devices..

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Like ? which WP devices ? Card reader in Lumia 520 does not support native class 10 SD card reading ?

Not like that. I meant that AFAIK, there are devices that natively support high speed reads and then there are devices that dont. Looks to me like there is hardly any phone that supports the UHS standard but all natively support the class 6 standard. If not natively supported, then the class 10 will underperform to work only at class 6 levels (like what happens when you plug in a x16 PCIE card to a x4 slot or a USB 3 device to a USB 2 port)

I may be wrong on this, so better research up some more.

What I can say for sure is that accessing files from the Card (Mine is a 32G class 10 UHS1 Sony) is MASSIVELY slower under the music player as opposed to having the same files on the phone on the L520. I dont know if thats the same case with all phones, WP or Android (If yes I'm doubly glad that HTC and Nokia have 32G versions of their flagships and makes a lot of sense why they seem so hesitant to include SD card slots)

noob

Cyborg Agent
Have you tried with some other brands like Samsung/Transcend/ScanDisk ? I think this might be the problem specific to SONY cards.....

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Have you tried with some other brands like Samsung/Transcend/ScanDisk ? I think this might be the problem specific to SONY cards.....

Possible, but highly unlikely. I'll try out with some other card though... The problem is that for any fair comparison I need a 32GB card and none of my firends have one.

LegendKiller

In the zone
bought this phone 2 days back for my mom and this phone at this price just blows you away.......:) .Amazing fluidity of the os.....no lag....no stutter......it has all the app like whatsapp/fb/twitter etc and the screen is awesome too.

real a great product at a great price.

rdx_halo

In the zone
Not like that. I meant that AFAIK, there are devices that natively support high speed reads and then there are devices that dont. Looks to me like there is hardly any phone that supports the UHS standard but all natively support the class 6 standard. If not natively supported, then the class 10 will underperform to work only at class 6 levels (like what happens when you plug in a x16 PCIE card to a x4 slot or a USB 3 device to a USB 2 port)

I may be wrong on this, so better research up some more.

What I can say for sure is that accessing files from the Card (Mine is a 32G class 10 UHS1 Sony) is MASSIVELY slower under the music player as opposed to having the same files on the phone on the L520. I dont know if thats the same case with all phones, WP or Android (If yes I'm doubly glad that HTC and Nokia have 32G versions of their flagships and makes a lot of sense why they seem so hesitant to include SD card slots)

I think you are right. Can you please tell me how to details of image (metadata) in albums. Also I can not see dates of pic on which it has been taken. I don't understand why MS has missed out so may basic features....:-x

guys how to the screen sensitivity adjustment in Lumia?

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
yes. I dont know whether through wifi or bluetooh. If you dont have any apps on your mobile, you can just send from another phone saving downloading time. Of course you may need apk files for that.

I didn't get you;-)? can you please little more specific

You just answered your own question :p
Sending .apks is called piracy, especially when the actual app is not free.

I think you are right. Can you please tell me how to details of image (metadata) in albums. Also I can not see dates of pic on which it has been taken. I don't understand why MS has missed out so may basic features....:-x

guys how to the screen sensitivity adjustment in Lumia?

There is no native way to view metadata. :|

The camera360 app sorts pics on the basis of date I believe. Its a beautiful app.

Go to settings > display+touch. Thats what you wanted?

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist

not everyone send pirated app to the their own phone. If you bought a new phone and do not want to download stuffs again, it is great idea to send the app form some other phone.it saves bandwidth and time. I didn't even thought about piracy there;-)

Also i think video files cant be sent to any other mobile from l520 using bluetooth?

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
not everyone send pirated app to the their own phone. If you bought a new phone and do not want to download stuffs again, it is great idea to send the app form some other phone.it saves bandwidth and time. I didn't even thought about piracy there;-)

Also i think video files cant be sent to any other mobile from l520 using bluetooth?

Hehe :D

I am not calling you a willing pirate, but just pointed that 'technically' thats what it is. When the apps are free I am not sure what to classify as. :)

Nope :|

There is no native way to view metadata. :|

The camera360 app sorts pics on the basis of date I believe. Its a beautiful app.

Go to settings > display+touch. Thats what you wanted?

Sorting by date is available. I was wrong. :|

Go to the Photo hub > albums > scroll right to 'date'

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
properties window is really missing.also Bluetooth can only be activated by going to the settings.no option to turn it on while sending files.

Hehe :D

I am not calling you a willing pirate, but just pointed that 'technically' thats what it is. When the apps are free I am not sure what to classify as. :)

Nope :|
no problem

rdx_halo

In the zone
Yeah we can see the pictures arranged by date , BUT dates are not displayed ! Only months .....:p Suppose under August I can see the pics I have taken in Aug, but on which dates ? No MS won't let you know that.... I think too many cooks has spoilt the broth for Microsoft and whats more NOKIA IS SOLD TO MS.........:twisted:

hey guys how to tether Lumia 520 with laptop?

motorazor143

Broken In
Yeah we can see the pictures arranged by date , BUT dates are not displayed ! Only months .....:p Suppose under August I can see the pics I have taken in Aug, but on which dates ? No MS won't let you know that.... I think too many cooks has spoilt the broth for Microsoft and whats more NOKIA IS SOLD TO MS.........:twisted:

hey guys how to tether Lumia 520 with laptop?
. go to settings and select internet sharing and turn it on for tetgering

ashs1

Padawan
Can't decided whether to buy Class-4 MicroSD Card or Class-10 MicroSD Card! :-?

Simple : If read/write speed is important for you, get a class 10 card.
If you don't care about speed & just need the extra space, get a class 4 card. ;)

Top Bottom