Low file copy speeds. over wifi

sbmcos

Right off the assembly line
HI everyone,

Whenever i copy files from a computer to another over a wifi connection i cant seen to get more that 3.x MBps speeds

I am using
belkin f7d2301 router ( 300 Mbps )

With belkin and iball usb wifi adapter on the systems, both having 150 Mbps speeds.

please, provide some improvement solutions,

Sujeet

Undead!!!
1.Hardware specs alone do not define the transmission of the data over netwrork
2.There are factors like signal strength judged by physical location of operating devices-Larger the distance poorer the data rate+More the obstructions more will be drop in data rate
3.Interoperatibility of devices is important-your wifi router supports b/g/n specs with upto 300mbps whereas you iball wifi dongle support upto 150mbps
4.The type of data you ar sending is most important because sending multiple smaller sized file (sorted/unsorted) take much more time than single file of same size.You should keep this is mind.
5.Dont Hope for actual data speeds of 150 or 300mbps which is in practice not possible !!!
6.Most probably your wifi dongle is culprit..does it support 802.11n standard..you have not specified the model!if not then you are running on 802.11g standards which give max theoretical speeds of 54mbps!
7.Expect to get speeds of 15-20 mbps on avg w.r.t to your current Hardware.
.Try eliminating WEP/WPA/TKIP security and deploy WPA2/AES

Last edited:
OP
S

sbmcos

Right off the assembly line
range is not a problem,

all the system are within 3m radius and gets full signals

the status shows 150 mbps in both pcs

i mostly copy movies of 700 mb so its a big file only ..

both clients are 150 mbps capable

pc 1 ( iball / 150 ) >>>> Belkin router ( 300 ) >>>> pc 2 ( belkin /150 )

i m anot expecting full 150 mbps (18.7 MB/sec) speed , but at least 50 % ??

clinton

Blu For Life Hail Chelsea
I too face the same problem.Even using Team Viewer gives max speeds of 3MBps.
Still aint got any solution.

DDIF

Custom User Title
1. What security mode are you using? Open, Shared, WPA? Which one? I remember that whenever I use Open or Shared security my speed downgrades. WPA-PSK2 and above support more than 120 Mbps.

2. USB wi-fi dongles won't give you full speed in normal cases. Use PCI wireless adapter.

3. Are you browsing while copying the file or checking other folders over network? Because that will reduce the speed too but not this much. Even with normal wi-fi adapter you should get 5 - 6 MB/s speed.

ASAIK USB interface is the problem here.

Top Bottom