Louder Ringtones on SE Z550i?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shasanka_Gogoi

In the zone
I have a SE z550i, which I feel has quite a mediocre volume when the phone rings. But recently I recieved an mp3 ringtone via bluetooth 4m a frends NOKIA 6233 and once i have set the tone, I can hear a tremendous difference in the volume levels and its way 2 loud than those files being edited by me using Goldwave.My friend recieved the ringtone 4m sum1 else and has no idea as to how it has been created.

Can anyone suggest me a way by which I can make my ringtones sound considerably loud and audible outdoors? Any softwares that can help me do that?I have tried Goldwave and Cool Edit Pro, but the sound cracks on my phone speakers when I boost their volume while editing.

Please Help!

Thanks................................

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
You can amplify the sounds in any sound editor(Audacity-My suggestion)) & after that normalize it & then save it.Now transfer this to your cell & the sound should not crackle.

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
I have tried Goldwave and Cool Edit Pro, but the sound cracks on my phone speakers when I boost their volume while editing.

@ Cool G5
He has already used Goldwave and Cool Edit Pro.Just for my info, how will amplifying then normalizing solve the problem ? Won't just amplifying to a particular level yield the same result ? Don't take me wrong, I'm asking it just for some info.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
kaustav_geek said:
@ Cool G5
He has already used Goldwave and Cool Edit Pro.Just for my info, how will amplifying then normalizing solve the problem ? Won't just amplifying to a particular level yield the same result ? Don't take me wrong, I'm asking it just for some info.

I mean first amplify the sound clip & then normalize it so that it does not cause crackling sound.I tried it with Lg which had a very ringtone low sound & it has now became high enough.It does not crackle.

OP
Shasanka_Gogoi

Shasanka_Gogoi

In the zone
dtox said:
hack into firmware n change acoustic pack.. works for almost every sony ericsson cell

Sounds interesting but can u tell me how 2 do dat?

Cool G5 said:
I mean first amplify the sound clip & then normalize it so that it does not cause crackling sound.I tried it with Lg which had a very ringtone low sound & it has now became high enough.It does not crackle.

Can u suggest me any software that can do it and a proper way to do it? Thanks................

Thanks 4 all ur inputs so far...........

@infra_red_dude

I have downloaded the software now, will use it and see if it works, Will surely post it here. Thanks.....

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
read the article abt flashing a dozen times... and a dozen times more if u feel u din get something. when u are sure u can jump into the world of flashing :) it'll unlock a lot of doors for you!

dtox

The Techno Perv
u guys might find this link usefull:
*www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=130322&start=60

for z550 users...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom