Looking forward to assemble a desktop sub 25k...Mainly for a multi-monitor setup.

vjain

Broken In
Dear all,
Greetings,as of now i have an5 month old I-3 system .It is good,but i am looking for something which would be faster and as reliable as an I-3 and definitely more economical than the I-3.
I was really excited to learn so much about AMD here and sincerely appreciate all your efforts.
My profession requires me to have multiple monitors which is the most important factor to be considered.Also i will be running a few softwares which are not really memory hungry,my 4 gb I-3 handles it pretty well.
Also Please note,that i would not require any UPS/Monitors.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A:Job,will be running 3 softwares.

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A:Yes,definitely

3. What is your MAX budget?
A:25k

4. Planning to overclock?
A:No,i don't know how to.I would definitely consider if advised.

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A:Windows XP-professional(32 bit)

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A:All i need is 100 g.b at the max as this would only be my execution terminal,no data to be stored.

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want? If you already want have one and want to use it, mention its resolution and size.
A:As of now i have a SAMSUNG B2230 and one AOC 20" razor led dedicated for this rig(already purchased).

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A:5

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A:NO,i have never...I intend to build this on my own.

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A:As of today,ASAP.

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A:I would be the happiest if this could serve me for 1 year,so no.

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A:Monitors/UPS/Printer.

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A:Bangalore,Yes.

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A:I need to setup multiple monitors,this is the single most important thing to keep in mind.

Thank You.

P.S: Please note that i have ZERO,knowledge wrt multiple-monitor setup.Hence i would request you guys to make note of it and advice me wrt additional things necessary for the multiple monitor set-up.(2 monitors on this rig)
Also i am only looking for a QUAD-CORE PHENOM-II.

Thanks a ton again.

Here is a quote i got from a local vendor,i want to go ahead and place the order.Would you guys atleast suggest me a good graphics card and the mother board.

1 Phenom II 955 BE
Gigabyte Chipset Motherboard Mod 78LMTS2
4.0Gb DDR3 RAM Transcend Single Module
500.0Gb Seagate Harddisk
Lg DVD-Writer
Mercury Cabinet
Graphic Card 1.0Gb MSI N210

for 20,475.00
^^^that should have been 30,475.00...not sure when and how it got here....

Thanks

Last edited:

ssb1551

Technomancer
How much is the vendor charging for each component?Better avoid Transcend RAM & go for 2×2GB modules.
Also since you are building a new rig get a good PSU, like Corsair or Seasonic.
I don't know much about dual monitor set-up & its GPU requirements.Others might be able to help in that matter.

Also if possible get Gigabyte GA-880GMA-UD2H or MSI 880GMA-E45.

Last edited:

arnavk007

Right off the assembly line
what are the inputs on both the monitors as that will help us in deciding the gfx card you need.

OP
V

vjain

Broken In
Thanks SSB,
I called the vendor,he said he will have it mailed by morning(the break up).
Thanks for the suggestions,here is a little bit of changes i came up with to the original::

1 Phenom II 955 BE
Gigabyte GA-880GMA-UD2H
Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5570 - 1GB ( DDR 3 )
Kingston 2GB 1333 DDR3 X2
500.0Gb Seagate Harddisk
Lg DVD-Writer
Mercury Cabinet
Corsair Power 450VX

Thanks

P.S:I have no idea about graphic cards,just tossed a coin to chose Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5570 - 1GB ( DDR 3 ) and kindly correct me if i am wrong.

How much is the vendor charging for each component?Better avoid Transcend RAM & go for 2×2GB modules.
Also since you are building a new rig get a good PSU, like Corsair or Seasonic.
I don't know much about dual monitor set-up & its GPU requirements.Others might be able to help in that matter.

Also if possible get Gigabyte GA-880GMA-UD2H or MSI 880GMA-E45.

hello,thanks for taking the time.
Samsung:DVI Sync
and for the AOC RAZOR:Input Signal: Analog RGB and DVI-D ;
I am honestly looking for some serious advice wrt graphic card thanks a ton again.

what are the inputs on both the monitors as that will help us in deciding the gfx card you need.

P.S:I can stretch the budget to 30k.

Last edited:

ssb1551

Technomancer
Hope all the components come within 25k.Before buying calculate how much is the total coming up to.If you are saving 1k then go for Phenom II X4 965.I've read about some fan noise issue of 955.
Since you are not into gaming 5570 should be sufficient.But you want it for dual monitor set-up so don't know much about it.

Last edited:
OP
V

vjain

Broken In
Honestly,waiting for the vendors email.I have no idea but i do have a feeling it should come somewhere around 30k.
And sisncerely appreciate your inputs wrt 965,it is duely noted.
Thanks again.

Hope all the components come within 25k.Before buying calculate how much is the total coming up to.If you are save 1k then go for Phenom II X4 965.I've read about some fan noise issue of 955.
Since you are not into gaming 5570 should be sufficient.But you want it for dual monitor set-up so don't know much about it.

OP
V

vjain

Broken In
Hello,as per the earlier discussion i zeroed in on the below config.I want to make sure this is allright,also please suggest me a compatible cabinet for the same or would the antec suffice.
Thank You.

AMD phenom II 965 BE processor
GA-880 GMA CD2H Mother board
2Gb X2 DDR3 Memory Transcend(4 gb)
500GB HDD Seagate
1GB Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD5570
Corsair Power 450 wt with Antec cabinet
DVD R/W LD

ssb1551

Technomancer
Everything seems fine except for the RAM!!I've seen a few forum members suggesting to stay away from Transcend RAM.

OP
V

vjain

Broken In
Dear ssb1551,
I sincerely appreciate your help and time,thanks for being so patient and guiding me through...

P.S:Went through you signature and i am guessing corsair hould be fine.

Everything seems fine except for the RAM!!I've seen a few forum members suggesting to stay away from Transcend RAM.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
also i think Phenom II X6 will suite the config better. check which model your vendor can get for you. and please post the prices he quoted. at least we can give you a general idea if he is charging too much on any components & suggest suitable alternatives.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
first of all i dont understand the need of phenom here. your work doesnt require more than athlon II x2 IMO. but since you are a satisfied core i3 user, i will suggest you to wait for core i3 2100 to launch and see its price and make decision then.

Piyush

Lanaya
^^agree with u jassy

@vjain
look bro if u can wait a lil bit then u can look out for new i3 which are in the way
otherwise u can go for athlon x4 instead of phenom x4 because theres no need of spending so much on processor as far as ur requirement is concerned
even athlon x3 is more than enough(but its not widely available)

OP
V

vjain

Broken In
Dear Sam/jass/piyush....
looks like i missed your posts....I was busy having the system configured through a friend...
I did manage to have the system configured but having a heart ache after that...Hope you guys can guide me with this issue>> *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/software-q/135825-issue-installing-windows-xp-vista-brand-new-rig.html#post1319701...

Thanks again guys.

Let'me grab the bill,will update the price in a bit..

AMD phenom II 965 BE processor
GA-880 GMA CD2H Mother board
2Gb DDR3 Memory Transcend
500GB HDD Seagate
1GB Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD5570
Corsair Power 450 wt with Circle cabinet
DVD R/W LD

Price @ Rs. 27800 Net (inclusive of vat)

Last edited:
OP
V

vjain

Broken In
Thanks piyush,ssb.
Looks like i have been taken for a ride,worked all night figued out things basically it was an issue with te SATAdrv,sorted it out...But now once i manged to intall xp,i am getting a bigger heart ache....
In computer properties i am getting
AMD PHENOM(tm) II X4 965
785 MGHZ,3.25 gb ram....
^^^^^Does this mean CPU has issues,please help me out....

Phenom II 965 BE 6950
Gigabyte GA-880GMA-UD2H 3950
corsair 2GB 1333 DDR3 X2 2200
500.0Gb Seagate Harddisk 1600
Lg DVD-Writer 825
Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5570 - 1GB ( DDR 3 ) 4800
Corsair Power 450VA SMPS 3500
circle Cabinet 1850

p.s: please note the ram is corsair....
Congrats vjain!!Can you let please us know the prices of individual components?

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
congrats buddy. i calculated the price. you payed roughly 1k more. which is....... nice price considering the low online prices.

In computer properties i am getting
AMD PHENOM(tm) II X4 965
785 MGHZ,3.25 gb ram....
^^^^^Does this mean CPU has issues,please help me out....

welcome to the world of 32bit computing & AMD Cool&Quite.

1. as you are using 32bit windows, so only 3.2Gb ram will be used. rest (800Mb) will not be of any use until you install a 64bit OS.

2. when idle, AMD processors clock are lowered to save power & run cool & stay quite. so cool&quite.

Phenom II 965 BE 6950
Gigabyte GA-880GMA-UD2H 3950
corsair 2GB 1333 DDR3 X2 2200
500.0Gb Seagate Harddisk 1600
Lg DVD-Writer 825
Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5570 - 1GB ( DDR 3 ) 4800
Corsair Power 450VA SMPS 3500
circle Cabinet 1850

p.s: please note the ram is corsair....

EXCELLENT PRICING :smile:

OP
V

vjain

Broken In
Thanks a ton for the fast reply sam....I am relieved,was honestly worried about the 785 mghz.

congrats buddy. i calculated the price. you payed roughly 1k more. which is....... nice price considering the low online prices.

welcome to the world of 32bit computing & AMD Cool&Quite.

1. as you are using 32bit windows, so only 3.2Gb ram will be used. rest (800Mb) will not be of any use until you install a 64bit OS.

2. when idle, AMD processors clock are lowered to save power & run cool & stay quite. so cool&quite.

EXCELLENT PRICING :smile:

Top Bottom