Looking for New desktop purchase _ Urgent!!!! Budget: 45k - 55k (AMD)

saranbuddha

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run?

Ans:HD streaming over LAN wired & wireless, Not that much of Gaming. HD movie editing and playback.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:45k-55k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:Win7/8

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1 TB - 2TB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:Yes. 22"

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:Complete new machine

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:Coming weekend

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: No. Need to be assembled

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Bangalore. Yes, online shopping is fine with me.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Please suggest a good machine which can be used for the next 5 years, I'm looking for AMD machine (ASUS Motherboard & AMD Processor - Latest Modules)

Suggest me a good 5.1 speakers for this new rig and appropriate sound card.

I'm looking at going for the configuration which suites the below pick's:
Asus M5A97 EVO R2.0 - Mother Board
AMD FX 8350 - Processor
corsair vengeance 8gb 2133mhz 1.5V Dual Channel - RAM

Need suggestion to have a complete machine built using the above combination of Mother Board + Processor and
RAM.

Kindly let me know is it better to go for a separate Graphic card between 5k-8k, so that in future that might be useful.

This is very very urgent!!!! As i'm planning to by this weeked!!!!

So your useful suggestion would make a world of difference!!!

Thanks you folks!!!!!

Cilus

laborare est orare
AMD FX-8350 @ 12.6K
Asus M5A97 EVO R2.0 @ 8K
Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB X1 1600 MHz @ 4.6K
WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200 RPM @ 4.2K
NZXT Gamma @ 2.4K
Antec VP450 PSU @ 2.6K
Zebronics/Intex Keyboard-Mouse @ 0.5K
Dell S2240L 21.5" 1080P IPS Display @ 8.6K
Asus 24X SATA DVD R/W @ 1K
APC 600VA UPS @ 2.8K
Powercolor HD 7750 1GB GDDR5 @ 6.5K

Total: 53.8K. Get a decent 5.1 channel speaker around 3 to 4K. I am not sure about the current Speakers, let others suggest that to you.

OP
S

saranbuddha

Broken In
AMD FX-8350 @ 12.6K
Asus M5A97 EVO R2.0 @ 8K
Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB X1 1600 MHz @ 4.6K
NZXT Gamma @ 2.4K
Antec VP450 PSU @ 2.6K
Zebronics/Intex Keyboard-Mouse @ 0.5K
APC 600VA UPS @ 2.8K
Powercolor HD 7750 1GB GDDR5 @ 6.5K

Total: 53.8K. Get a decent 5.1 channel speaker around 3 to 4K. I am not sure about the current Speakers, let others suggest that to you.

Hi Cilus,

Thanks for you quick suggestions!

Instead of NZXT Gamma how about Corsair 300R Windowed?
Instead of Antec VP450 PSU how about Corsair TX750M?
Instead of Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB X1 1600 MHz how about corsair vengeance 8gb 2133mhz 1.5V Dual Channel?

Need your suggestion on the above picks?

I already have a UPS and wireless keyboard & Mouse which is brand new :), so i can use that cost on the other parts.

Thanks!

^ Is that PSU good enough for FX 8350 and HD7750?

Some changes from my side:

> Replace M5A97 EVO R2.0 to non EVO (Saved: 1k)

> Replace VP450P with Seasonic S12II 430 W.

> Geplace the ZEbronics KB with Logitech MK200

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
since op has the budget get seasonic s12 ii 620, corsair 400r. also if you can get that ram in the specified budget ,then get that.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Yes, Antec VP450 is enough for handling FX-8350 and HD 7750 because 7750 even requires lesser power than HD 6670. In fact OP can overclock the CPU to a decent level too. So unless he has a plan for future upgrade of GPU, the PSU is enough.

OP
S

saranbuddha

Broken In
Yes, Antec VP450 is enough for handling FX-8350 and HD 7750 because 7750 even requires lesser power than HD 6670. In fact OP can overclock the CPU to a decent level too. So unless he has a plan for future upgrade of GPU, the PSU is enough.

So from all your suggestions so far i have come up with the following picks as final and still need to add graphics card and audio card.

seasonic s12 ii 620 @ 5.2k
corsair 400r @ 8.5k
corsair vengeance 8gb 2133mhz 1.5V Dual Channel @7.2k
AMD FX-8350 @ 12.6K
Asus M5A97 EVO R2.0 @ 8K

This total's to 50.4k as of now and still need to add the below cards. Pls need you guys suggestion to finalise sooner.

Still need advice on a Graphic card (GPU) which can match the above configuration but somewhere between 5k - 7.5k
Need advice whether should i go for a seperate Audio card which can be compatiable for 5.1 speakers?
If so then what Audio card should i go far? (Budget for this can be between 4k-5k or even lesser is ok with me but it should be compatiable with the 5.1 speakers)

I don't mind spending another 15k - 20k from my original budget of 50k on this gig since i'm looking for atleast next 5 yrs usage without changing anything anymore.

Thanks in Advance for all your suggestions!

OP
S

saranbuddha

Broken In
To begin with Thanks a lot to one & all!!!

From all your suggestions so far i have come up with the following picks as final and still need to add audio card if you guys think so :)

AMD FX-8350 @ 12.6K
Asus M5A97 EVO R2.0 @ 8K
corsair 400r @ 8.5k
Powercolor HD 7750 1GB GDDR5 - @6.5k

This total's to 57.1k as of now and still need to add the Audio card. Pls need you guys suggestions to finalise sooner.

In first place should i have a separate Audio card?
If so then what Audio card should i go far? (Budget for this can be between 4k-5k or even lesser its ok with me but it should be compatiable with the 5.1 speakers)

Still Need to add a DVD-R/W, please suggest a good one? ( The one which cilius mentioned earlier in his config that is Asus 24X SATA DVD R/W, i don't know how much good it is? WIll this be enough or should i go for anything else like sony or samsung??? Pls suggest)

FOr a good 5.1 sepaker if there is anything in your sleaves of thought do post it too? That would help me a lot too!!! (I'm looking for a very good sound quality and effects when watching a HD movies/Blue ray Movies)

I don't mind spending another 15k - 20k from my original budget of 50k on this gig since i'm looking for atleast next 5 yrs usage without changing anything anymore. so i can strech my budget to somewhere 65k which would be max limit which i can streach for!!!

Thanks in Advance for all your suggestions!

OP
S

saranbuddha

Broken In
@rijinpk1: I checked the price of Corsair 400R from flipkart it showed a Price of Rs 6300/-

Still less than what i have posted in my earlier qutation :), which i got the rate from snap deal!

So here i save Almost 2k which sounds better :), Thanks for letting me know on the same!

Cilus

laborare est orare
You don't need a 620W PSU for your rig. Get Seasonic S12II 520 which is more than enough for your requirements.

OP
S

saranbuddha

Broken In
You don't need a 620W PSU for your rig. Get Seasonic S12II 520 which is more than enough for your requirements.

@ Cilus:

Thanks for your kind suggestion!!!!

WHen i checked for the price difference between the PSU 620W and the 520 it was hardly 600 Rs difference, hope its better to go with 620 as may be in future i might need a 620 w...what do you think?

And Cilus i wanted to thankyou in person! As the entire thread started on base of the configuration which was provided by u,
Thanks again!

I just need couple of clarification to finalise the rig!!!

1. DO you i need to go for a separate Audio Card??? If so which one, and the budget is somewhere between 4k-5k? And pls suggest in first place do i need one???

2. A good DVD-R/W?

3. Is it ok if i just go with a single corsair vengeance 8gb 2133mhz 1.5V Dual Channel or should i go with 2x4 GB corsair vengeance DDR3 RAM????

Need response on these clarification so that i can once for all finalise my rig and get on the market to purchase the same :)

Thanks!

OP
S

saranbuddha

Broken In
for gpu, give first priority to asus,gigabyte,sapphire,msi etc.

do you want to overclock?

Hi rijinpk1,

For GPU as of now i have selected Powercolor HD 7750 1GB GDDR5 - @6.5k, since i don't play much on my system and more over i have a PS3 playstation at home for all my gaming needs ,

So thats the reason i asked earlier for a GPU which can fit my rig configuration and was budget of 7k for that and cilus provided with Powercolor HD 7750 at the rate 6.5k which i thought more than enough, whats your call on that?

And still someone answer do i need to go for a separate Audio Card??? Or No need at all???

At the same time Is it ok if i just go with a single corsair vengeance 8gb 2133mhz 1.5V Dual Channel or should i go with 2x4 GB corsair vengeance DDR3 RAM????

Thanks!

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
i meant to choose hd 7750 from above mentioned brands as they can provide better rma than powercolor. for ram, get 8gb stick. they are cheaper than two 4gb sticks. i dont think you need an audio card unless you are an audiophile. onboard audio chipset will do good.

Who ever is the Moderator could please approve the Posting sooner!!! It would help a lot

just one more post you are good to go:-D

OP
S

saranbuddha

Broken In
i meant to choose hd 7750 from above mentioned brands as they can provide better rma than powercolor. for ram, get 8gb stick. they are cheaper than two 4gb sticks. i dont think you need an audio card unless you are an audiophile. onboard audio chipset will do good.

just one more post you are good to go:-D

Hi rijinpk1,

Thanks for your response on the GPU, i got it now what you where trying to tell :)

So i have picked up the following GPU's on your suggestion, Can you tell me on your experience which one would be the best out of these 4 which i'm listing below:

1. Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7750 HDMI OC Edition 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card @7.8K
  2. Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7750 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card @8.2K
  3. Asus AMD/ATI HD 7750 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card @7.8K
  4. Gigabyte AMD/ATI GV-R775OC-1GI 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card @6.8K

I somehow feel "Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7750 1GB GDDR5 Graphics Card" would be the best among the four :) (Which is affordable on my Budget too @8.2k)!

What are your thoughts on these???

I have decided to go with single stick of RAM, that is 8GB Corsair Vengance 2133 MHz!

On Audio card still in dielama :(

Thanks!

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Hi rijinpk1,

Thanks for your response on the GPU, i got it now what you where trying to tell :)

So i have picked up the following GPU's on your suggestion, Can you tell me on your experience which one would be the best out of these 4 which i'm listing below:

1. Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7750 HDMI OC Edition 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card @7.8K
  2. Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7750 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card @8.2K
  3. Asus AMD/ATI HD 7750 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card @7.8K
  4. Gigabyte AMD/ATI GV-R775OC-1GI 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card @6.8K

I somehow feel "Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7750 1GB GDDR5 Graphics Card" would be the best among the four :) (Which is affordable on my Budget too @8.2k)!

What are your thoughts on these???

I have decided to go with single stick of RAM, that is 8GB Corsair Vengance 2133 MHz!

On Audio card still in dielama :(

Thanks!

get the gigabyte one. it is 1k cheaper. IF you can really spend 8.2k , get this now eyes closed ON SALE! - MSI GRAPHICS CARD HD 7770 1GB DDR5 - Rs.7,572 - WELCOME TO MDCOMPUTERS ::::::::::The Ultimate IT Solutions:::::::::: .

OP
S

saranbuddha

Broken In
Hi All,

The Final List which I have come up with after all these discussions!!!

AMD FX-8350 @ 12.6K
Asus M5A97 EVO R2.0 @ 8K
corsair 400r @ 6.3k
Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7750 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card @7.8k

As of now i'm not going for a separate Audio card. In need by then down the line will buy one.

So guys this is my final list :)

Total Cost: Rs 61,000/-

Kindly let me know am i all set??? R u guys think that still things need to be looked at and changed!!

@cilus and @@rijinpk1... Thanks for all your suggestions!

Kindly let me know is it a go or no go???

Thanks!

Top Bottom