looking for a software which will do same as MS photo editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkt3000

Broken In
I am looking for a software which is same as microsoft photo editor . Generally MS photo editor comes with MS office , but here I am not allowed to use that . I thought of irfanview....... now that is also in blocked list . so now what should I do ? adobe photoshop is a heavy software . I am looking somthing light .

can Anybody help ?

what I have to do is

1. I need to resize photos
2. change it to mirror/horizontal / vertical
3. change the RGB combination
4. I have to insert text in the photo

now what should I do ?

please help quickly

sakumar79

Technomancer
Photofiltre at *photofiltre.free.fr is a very easy to use free software that should help you out here... I am sure you can do items 1,2, and 4... Not 100% sure about item3 as I am not sure what you mean...

Arun

OP
P

pkt3000

Broken In
RGB is the red blue green combination.... in MS photo editor u can change their ratio to fic brightness , contrast like that

sakumar79

Technomancer
Here too, you can adjust brightness, contrast, hue, saturation, swap Red/Green/Blue channels, replace color/color range, etc... Try it out...

Arun

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
Choto Cheeta said:
I think Step 1 2 and 4 can be done with Microsoft Windows Paint !!!!

not sure of the step 3 though !!!
but resizin with ms paint results in corruption n pixel loss of the picture

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
fun2sh said:
but resizin with ms paint results in corruption n pixel loss of the picture

yeah, certainly paint is not a Pro editor for Photo, but i said it can b done, if u dont have any other option, installed on the system u r working, Paint is in default installed in Windows, :)

as for proediting refer to GIMP a free one i think then Paid pro will be photoshop too :)

sakumar79

Technomancer
Corel Draw is costly and also resource hungry I think... GIMP has a slightly heavy learning curve... Paint .NET should be a good alternative, but I havent used it much so I dont know...

Arun

amitshahc

doing R&D of webtools
why you all are finding for the softwares. while there are lots of sites that provides such features online. see the list of online photo editors

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Has anyone even bothered to check the first post's date?

I wonder how n00bs manage to dig out year old threads!!!! Thats an art!

reported...

amitshahc

doing R&D of webtools
i don't know why is does matter that how much old the post is? the thread is like a subject on which anyone can have any idea at any time.
should the visitors of the thread come via some searches, should just satisfied by the uncompleted topic, just becasue of the time intervals between quotes?
it will not be fare for them.
it's all about sharing the information, and information changes with time to time and with many faces. no one can restrict it.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
i don't know why is does matter that how much old the post is? the thread is like a subject on which anyone can have any idea at any time.
should the visitors of the thread come via some searches, should just satisfied by the uncompleted topic, just becasue of the time intervals between quotes?
it will not be fare for them.
it's all about sharing the information, and information changes with time to time and with many faces. no one can restrict it.
Information/software surely changes with time, no doubt. But when nobody is in need of the info then why clutter the forum?

Lets say that a person has a similar query and posts the question digging up this thread today. If you reply to that post then it perfectly makes sense as you are providing him with up to date info even tho the original thread is old. But when no one is asking for anything then I think its purely illogical to dig up old threads and post the "new" answers!

@infra - Similar Threads plugin..
Sorry Chirag, didn't get you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom