Logitech Z5500 Not Powering up.... HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

confused

Evolving Rapidly...
Hi guys,
i have a Logitech Z5500 (2 months old). I usually leave it in the standby mode when not using it. But I had to go out of station for a few days, hence i powered it off, from both the mains, as well as the power switch on the woofer.

But now, after i returned i found that its not powering up, ie the red LED on the conrtol pod is not glowing. What could the problem be?

Also there is a round button on the back side of the woofer. I guess its some kind of a fuse button... how is it supposed to be used?

Please help me out guys........

bump

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy
Ah well, it happened to me once. You have to get the fuse out (I forgot how to do it. I think you have to press the thing or twist it. You'll figure it out), and plug it back in (assuming it hasn't blown up or something). Works fine after that.

OP
confused

confused

Evolving Rapidly...
well, i did what u said. not working though..... the fuse is not deformed or anything ...... could you elaborate please?

goobimama

 Macboy
Well I'm not an expert at this. Just that once the system wouldn't come on. I just popped the fuse out and popped it back in. I can't help you any further.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
I'm not closely acquainted with the Z5500, but I assume that the fuse is a normal glass fuse 20mm in length. If it is, did you check the thin wire running along the length of the fuse inside the glass tube ? Is the wire still intact ? If the fuse is the opaque (non-transparent) ceramic type, you'll have to use a multimeter or some other tool to check if it has blown or not.

OP
confused

confused

Evolving Rapidly...
^^well u got it right. its an opaque glass fuse, but shorter than 20mm. guess i'll try replacing it.

anyway, it was working just before i switched it off the last time... i wonder when it would have blown.

thanks for the info guys...

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Make sure you replace it with a fuse of the same ampere rating. If you use one that is rated lower than the original, it will keep blowing needlessly. If you use a higher-rated fuse, it may not blow when it's supposed to (to protect the rest of the circuit) and that can cause damage to other parts of the speaker.

If the fuse is, say, 1.6A/250V, replace it only with a 1.6A/250V unit. If it says something like "slo-blo", try to get a slow-blow type, although this is less crucial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom