[Complaint] Logitech G105 Serial no. mismatch

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
I've already asked Logitech about it. Their reply will be posted here. I see Sumon noticed it after i shared this post in my FB! :p.

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
I've already asked Logitech about it. Their reply will be posted here. I see Sumon noticed it after i shared this post in my FB! :p.
Yes, do go ahead. This is a very troubling issue and I am no longer suggesting Logitech to my friends till this gets sorted out.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
^^ Can you send me the picture of the product, the bill and the box (if you have it) via PM? I am also surprised that Digit doesn't seem to intervene in such important issues on behalf of its members/ readers.

amjath

Human Spambot
I didnt bother to notice serial number for my G300. But I want to share how RMA is done.
I bought G300 from ebay, after few months the left clicks and wheel started showing problems. I took my mice, bill and box to the service center. They took my mice only and didnt bother about teh box or bill and replace me with a new one.

So I dont think the serial number mismatch will be a issue here

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
^^ Can you send me the picture of the product, the bill and the box (if you have it) via PM? I am also surprised that Digit doesn't seem to intervene in such important issues on behalf of its members/ readers.
I'll try to give it here by eod today if possible, I'm not sure where I'd kept the bill, but its there for sure. Box is there.

- - - Updated - - -

I didnt bother to notice serial number for my G300. But I want to share how RMA is done.
I bought G300 from ebay, after few months the left clicks and wheel started showing problems. I took my mice, bill and box to the service center. They took my mice only and didnt bother about teh box or bill and replace me with a new one.

So I dont think the serial number mismatch will be a issue here
I know, but my question is which serial number are they tracking?

amjath

Human Spambot
I'll try to give it here by eod today if possible, I'm not sure where I'd kept the bill, but its there for sure. Box is there.

- - - Updated - - -

I know, but my question is which serial number are they tracking?

device serial number for sure

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
Check your pm.

PrakashJ

Right off the assembly line
My Logitech G602 also have this problem!
Both serial numbers on the mouse and packaging box doesn't match....

Imported on OCT 2013 by RASHI PERIPHERALS PVT .LTD

PrakashJ

Right off the assembly line
I contacted the Logitech and this is the reply:

Dear Prakash,

My name is Marissa R., I understand that you would like assistance with your G602 Wireless Gaming Mouse.

This is to inform you that it is normal that the serial number on your mouse is different on the box.

In line with warranty claim, Logitech based its products warranty from the date of purchase indicated on the receipt. We suggest for you to keep your product's receipt for future reference.

For future reference your case reference number is XXXXXXXXXX. This will allow us to quickly find the contact history when you need additional help. If we do not receive a reply, your support request will eventually be closed and set to "solved". A survey will be sent to you to gather your feedback.

To contact us by phone or obtain additional information (FAQ's, Forum, Manuals, etc.) please visit Logitech Support - Downloads, Manuals, FAQs & More.

Best regards,
Logitech Customer Care Team

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Its always that the SN on the box that should match on the device. You get a bill based on the SN number based on the box, but when you give a product for RMA, they refer to the serial number. Even if they don't see warranty period based on a serial number, the back-end will. That's where usually they'll decide if they should repair or replace it. If the SN details reveal that its not Indian/APAC item- irrespective its imported by Rashi or not- it would create some issue at some point, especially if/when Rashi has some new rule that you'll need to produce a bill and if SN number doesn't match the product, then prepared to face the situation accordingly.

I've contacted Rashi peripherals and strangely they're being tight-lipped about it. Same goes for Logitech Asia-Pacific team. Unexpected silent response from such a brand.

Top Bottom