Live Earth India 2008 concert - Dec 7 Mumbai (Bon Jovi & others)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
INDIA TO HOST 2008 LIVE EARTH EVENT TO RAISE AWARENESS FOR CLIMATE IN CRISIS
*c.ilike.com/w/0216/818/0216818498_l.jpg

Mumbai, India (September 18, 200 8 - On December 7, 2008, Live Earth India, this year's concert for a climate in crisis, will feature world-renowned musicians and performers, environmental advocates and celebrities from India, the U.S. and all over the globe. Live Earth India will feature personal and policy solutions to the climate crisis, offer support for India's most important environmental issues and causes, and provide a platform so India can continue its global climate leadership. Former U.S. Vice President Al Gore, who participated in the press announcement live via satellite, said India should lead the world by committing to produce all of its new energy in the electricity sector from clean and renewable sources within the next 10 years. Beneficiaries of Live Earth India include TERI's Light A Billion Lives campaign and Climate Project India, which are dedicated to promoting awareness and finding solutions to current climate situations while alleviating poverty. Along with Mr. Gore, Indian environmental leader Dr. R. K. Pachauri, former 2007 Live Earth headlining band and current headlining band for Live Earth India - Bon Jovi, as well as Live Earth India spokesperson and actor Amitabh Bachchan, all announced Live Earth India with Executive Producer and Live Earth founder Kevin Wall . Also in attendance were Sabbas Joseph from WizCraft Entertainment and representatives from TERI and Project Climate India. In a surprise announcement Kevin Wall disclosed that the Creative Director for Live Earth India was none other than acclaimed Indian film director and producer Shekhar Kapur. Live Earth India is coming to Andheri Sports Complex in Mumbai, India, December 7, 2008.

More at Bonjovi.com

What say people, a nice chance to have an unofficial thinkDigit get-together (or if not diGit then heck for the concert :p). People living in Mumbai can probably sum up all the details and then we can decide how many go and the money matters etc. It should be fun :p

Open for discussion.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
There some another concert called Fuel of Rock or something like that.... from 2nd Nov. which will have 3 Death Metal bands performing. One is In Flames I beleive. Much better than this :|.

OP
H

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Hehe, you have obviously never witnessed a Live Aid/Earth event, haven't you? Anyways, nobody is forcing you, don't undermine it if you don't know it.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
If its like last time, then they all will be performing, round the clock in different countries.

But why Friday yaar, I've office. F**k me. I missed the "Rock On" show last week for the same reason.:(

God I wish LP made an Indian debut. I would have been there for sure. They were present for Live Earth in Tokyo right?
Yeah....after which they went to China (Shanghai) and then performed at Rock am Ring in Germany in 2007.
Man, what stopped them from making a pit stop here? :mad:
I find Bon Jovi wierd...:|...any other bands coming?

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Bands I want here

1. Slipknot and Children of Bodom (please oh please... come here)
2. Cradle of Filth
3. Dimmu Bogir
4. Immortal
5. Satyricon
6. Nightshade
7. Behemoth

:D:D

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^Thats all I can do. Bcoz all these bands will face heavy opposition here.... **** the Indian culture and all those non-sensible stuff :(.

BTW, what is a Bon Jovi (no offences, I really dunno) ?

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
oh Jon Bon Jovi, its my life :D

One of my used to be fav artist.

^^Thats all I can do. Bcoz all these bands will face heavy opposition here.... **** the Indian culture and all those non-sensible stuff :(.

checkout the single most popular song by him
*in.youtube.com/watch?v=g50vzZzAja0

His voice is just so fcuking good.

Last edited:
:lol: R :lol: O :lol: F :lol: L :lol:
oh....you were serious?
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bon_Jovi
Its a Hard rock group..not metal
Its most famous song till date is "It's My Life" which became a youth anthem.....
Ofcourse, other songs have also been massive hits
I cannot believe you have not heard of Bon Jovi :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom