Live CD not working !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

freezer

Journeyman
I am not able to run any live cd.
I have burned Knoppix and Linspire which came with Digit! DVD (which I have burned using nero 6) and also unbuntu live cd which I had ordered from the net.
When I try to Boot from the CD. then installation stops inbetween and it says "critical error, type "exit" to reload".
I am complete Lamer with Linux, have never operated as well.
Please guys help me out.

ujjwal

Padawan
Could you post the exact error message you got? Critical error could mean several different things.

Also, its possible and quite frequent to find a corrupt CD the cause of the error, try using different disks for the purpose :)

champ_rock

champ_rock
u have buned the image with nero by selecting the write image option right???
or by directly mking a data cd...????????

OP
F

freezer

Journeyman
champ_rock said:
u have buned the image with nero by selecting the write image option right???
or by directly mking a data cd...????????
Yes I have burned the image using nero by selecting write Image option.

OP
F

freezer

Journeyman
ujjwal said:
Could you post the exact error message you got? Critical error could mean several different things.

Also, its possible and quite frequent to find a corrupt CD the cause of the error, try using different disks for the purpose :
Sometimes I get CD is corrupted.
But I don't think so that should be possible because every time for each cd it shows error.
and there is no problem with the drive beacause i have two drives but with each it shows the same porb.

champ_rock

champ_rock
is it some problem with the booting up of the bios....

try smart boot manager to boot ur cd.... if it is not booting up correctly...

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
friends i too have a similar problem. I downloaded and burnt hackin9 live cd. It starts booting up and after a while it says starting init. But the process stops there and there is no further action. The cd was burnt properly with no errors. Though I haven't checked other live cd's. Both my OS'es FC3 and Slackware 10.2 seem to be perfectly fine though while running for the 1st time slackware gave me an error init not found - which i corrected by reinstalling. BTW, I have 256 mb's or RAM, if thats needed cos AFAIK live cd's run off RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom