Listen & Record online radio in WMP/Winamp

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
This tutorial will teach you how to record online radio into mp3!

In this tutorial, you will need any good sound editor like Audacity or Adobe Audition. I used Audition 1.5 for this tutorial but this doesn't matter.

1. Now to access online radio, just copy and paste the links from the following quote in Windows Media Player using File>Open URL..
Radio FM 91.5 - Mumbai ==> mms://69.26.220.46/RadioSuno

RadioTarana-NewZealand ==> mms://l1.r2.co.nz/tarana-1

106.2 HUMFM - UAE ==> *www.humfm.com/humfm.asx

RadioOfIndia - Bollywood ==> *www.radioofindia.com/asf/bollywood.asx

RadioOfIndia - Bhajans ==> *www.radioofindia.com/asf/bhajans.asx

RadioOfIndia - Classical ==> *66.238.65.109/classical

DesiSoundz - India ==> *desisoundz.com:8000

Sabras radio - UK ==> *ct1.fast-serv.com:8744

Haagstad Radio - Holand ==> mms://81.205.146.32:21/haagstadradio

RadioTeenTaal - Paris ==> *www.radioteentaal.com/masala128.wax

ApnaRadio - USA ==> *www.apnaradio.com/live/media24/ApnaRadio.asx

BombayBeats FM ==> *www.1.fm/player/energybbfm32k.asx

Punjabi Radio - UK ==> *azul.streamguys.com/panjabradio?MSWMExt=.asf

Amrit Bani - UK ==> *62.25.97.192/amritbani?MSWMExt=.asf

Yarr Radio - UK ==> mms://193.218.160.20/yaarradio

Sunrise FM - UK ==> *62.25.96.7/sunrise

Radio XL - UK ==> *www.vtuner.com/vTunerweb/mms/m3u13219.m3u

Asian Gold Radio - UK ==> *62.25.96.7/asiangold

Asian Sound Radio - UK ==> *www.vtuner.com/vtunerweb/mms/mms15278.asx

Sanskar Radio - UK ==> *www.vtuner.com/vTunerweb/mms/m3u18290.m3u

Trishul 90.5 FM ==> *www.vtuner.com/vtunerweb/mms/mms14734.asx

Radio Apni Awaz ==> mms://67.15.80.29/radioapniawaz

Radio India - Canada ==> mms://live.radioindiabroadcasting.com/liveradio

City 101.6 FM - Dubai ==> *asx.abacast.com/arabian_radio-city-24.asx

DDLive Video - India ==> *164.100.51.209/ddlive?MSWMExt=.asf

AajKal - Asian Network ==> *stream.servstream.com/ViewWeb/BBCRadio_music/Event/BBCAsianNetwork_hi.asx

BBC News ==> *www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/meta/tx/nb/live_news_au_nb.asx
2. Now we need to record the streaming sound from the net.
So double click your Volume icon in the taskbar. Then goto Option>Properties.
Select Recording and check besides the Stereo Mix.
Image:*i11.photobucket.com/albums/a171/blueshift155/prop.jpg

3. Now goto your sound editor and hit the record bitton. Accept the settings and your recording will now start. Save the file as per your preference.

[COLOR=#9719256] Note: [/COLOR][COLOR=#9719256]The radio stations in the quote is just the copy paste from the text file that i found on the net. But it will get you started.
Most(or all?) of the radio stations are streaming at 17-48kbps which is very poor bitrate for mp3 file. But you could search in the Google for higher bitrate online radio links(audio feeds). Some of few I have listed below but if 'd come across such link please post it here:
*www.radio-directory.com/
[/COLOR]*www.live-radio.net/info.shtml
*www.radio-locator.com/

This post is by full means created by me and nobody shall post it anywhere without my permission.

Read in my blog: *blueshift.blogsome.com/2008/06/07/record-any-sound-in-windows/

Last edited:

knight17

In the zone
Good tutorial..I use a software called Super Internet TV.
It contains Radio channels,web cams etc..
so i copy songs from it..

joe2005

Broken In
Nice tutorial.But I have a problem.My mobo is 101DGCC and on board card is Realtek HD audio.While on properties I have only four options namely cd volume
front mic,micvolume,line volume and I could not record sreaming.any suggestions please.

Shrikant

Right off the assembly line
Hi to All,
What i wud like to add is, Instead of getting into a somewhat tedious process, just to record your radio; How abt using a very simple and sleek software called SCREAMER RADIO. A freeware can be downloaded from Download.com, This software has got all the sites linking to ur kindda music
from every part of the world. Just use it and u'll come to know what am talkin abt
Bye for now
Do tell me how u liked it

MaMissy

Yeah Screamer Radio is really sleek and simple.Man i cud find all my fav genra's here and not to forget to mention that i cud listen to all brand new songs as well. in all very good software.Thanks Shrikant keep posting such good stuffs.

Last edited:

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
Shrikant said:
Hi to All,
What i wud like to add is, Instead of getting into a somewhat tedious process, just to record your radio; How abt using a very simple and sleek software called SCREAMER RADIO. A freeware can be downloaded from Download.com, This software has got all the sites linking to ur kindda music
from every part of the world. Just use it and u'll come to know what am talkin abt
Bye for now
Do tell me how u liked it

I liked this sofware. I recorded directly to mp3. It even automatically adjusts itself for breakages due to buffering etc. Really good piece of software. Thank you for recommending.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Guys, I'm new to this streaming audio thing.
I have 2 queries:

1. I have a 256k line at home, I want to what willll be the requirements for
less than 32k
greater than 128k

2. Can I use streams along with p2p running?

Screamer Radio is really cool. Using that now!

Fastlove

Broken In
Screamer Radio is interesting, as all the other streamers that appeared at first as free on the market. But very few features on it unfortunatelly :(

Last edited:

Fastlove

Broken In
I didn't say it wasn't a nice application, but take the example of Station Reaper that was free at the begining and now it's shareware or smth..then it's gonna be only trial :) And screamer radio just don't cut it for me...

George66

Bottom line to this is, that I want a free tool that can provide free music for me. I am not into fancy settings or options.
And what is your pro streamer ? If I might ask ? Or maybe I should start a thread about this, I am curious what people use

Top Bottom