List your favourite firefox extensions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Roboform and Google Toolbar Extensions don't work properly in Firefox beta 1.5 even after using Nightly build Extension. Will wait for final. By that time all extensions will be upgraded. I have now uninstalled beta 1.5

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
For all ADsense Subscribers !
*addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?application=firefox&category=Blogging&numpg=10&id=500

This displays ur current adsense value. !

T

thunderbird.117

here is mine:-

1.ALLOW RIGHT-CLICK (DEFEATS WEB SITES' RIGHT CLICK PREVENTION SCRIPT).
2.BOOKMARKS BACKUP(CREATES A BACKUP OF BOOKMARKS.HTML EACH TIME THE BROWSER IS CLOSED).
3.CALCULATOR(A CALCULATOR WITH ADVANCED FEATURES).
4.CUSTOMIZE GOOGLE.(ENHANCE GOOGLE SEARCH RESULTS AND REMOVE ADS AND SPAM).
5.EXTENDED STATUSBAR(A STATUSBAR WITH SPEED,PERCENTAGE,TIMEAMD LOADED SIDE(LIKE OPERA'S ONE).
6.IE VIEW(OPEN PAGES IN IE VIA FIREFOX MENUS).
7.IMAGE ZOOM(ADDS ZOOM FUNCTIONALITY FOR IMAGES).
8.IMAGE ZOOMER(AN EXTENSION TO ZOOM IN AND OUT OF IMAGES VIA THE CONTEXT MENU).
9.MR TECH LOCAL INSTALL(LOCAL INSTALL POWER TOOLS FOR ALL USERS).
10.PDF DOWNLOAD(ALLOWS TO CHOOSE WHETHER YOU WANT TO VIEW A PDF FILE INSIDE THE BROWSER).
11.SESSION SAVER(MAGICALLY RESTORES YOUR LAST BROWSING SESSION).
12.TAB MIX(MANY FUNCTIONS FOR IMPROVED TABBED BROWSING).
13.TAB X (ADD A CLOSE BUTTON TO EACH OF THE BROWSER TABS).
14.TABSCROLLER(SWITCH BETWEEN TABS USING THE MOUSE WHEEL).
15.TWEAK NETWORK(TWEAK NETWORK SETTING).

Here are my list of extension each one of them play vital role.these are the best so far.

to get your extension click on

*addons.mozilla.org/extensions/?application={ec8030f7-c20a-464f-9b0e-13a3a9e97384}

this is the most funny thing.yet very creative.

*bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=114919

have fun keep on posting.

bye[/url]

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
gr8 Kitchen sink buddy!
But in ur extensions list some may be imitted, like

1. ALLOW RIGHT-CLICK
2. BOOKMARKS BACKUP
10. PDF DOWNLOAD
12. TAB MIX
13. TWEAK NETWORK

u can do the same work as these extensions do, bu hacking the about:config and some options in firefox.

T

thunderbird.117

i keep formatting my com.the software help me.without any pain in the neck

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
U can simply backup the prefs.js, userChrome.css, userContent.css files, so that whenever u reinstall ur windows and firefox, u hv not to set all the settings again.
Simply replace the installed files with the backup files.
I always do so...

srijit

Broken In
Generated Wed Sep 14 2005 13:11:53 GMT+0530 (India Standard Time)

Enabled Extensions: (16)

Adblock 0.5.2.039 - Filters ads from web-pages
Autofill 0.2 - Automatically fill out HTML forms
BBCodeXtra 0.2.3 - Adds BBCode/HTML/XHTML commands to the context menu
BugMeNot 0.7 - Bypass compulsory web registration with the context menu via www.bugmenot.com.
FlashGot 0.5.9.91 - Enables Firefox, Mozilla Suite, Netscape and Thunderbird to handle single and massive ("all" and "selection") downloads using the most popular external download managers for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and FreeBSD (dozens currently supported, see Extension's Home Page for details). FlashGot offers also a Build Gallery functionality which helps to synthetize full media galleries in one page, from serial contents originally scattered on several pages, for easy and fast "download all".
FootieFox 0.5.6 - Soccer scores, live and instantly.

Forecastfox 0.8.1.3 - Get international weather forecasts and display it in any toolbar or statusbar with this highly customizable extension.
InFormEnter 0.2.9.8 - Helper for form filling in semi-automatic mode.
ListZilla 0.5.1 - Outputs an alphabetical list of either extensions or themes to a text, vB code, or HTML file.
NoScript 1.1.2.20050901 - Extra protection for your Firefox: NoScript allows JavaScript, Java (and other plugins) only for trusted domains of your choice (e.g. your home-banking web site). This whitelist based pre-emptive blocking approach prevents exploitation of security vulnerabilities (known and even unknown!) with no loss of functionality... Experts will agree: Firefox is really safer with NoScript :)
Sage 1.3.5 - A lightweight RSS and Atom feed aggregator.
SessionSaver .2 0.2.1.028 - Magically restores your last browsing session.
SwitchProxy Tool 1.3.2 - A tool that allows you to manage and switch between multiple proxy configurations quickly and easily.
Tab Mix Plus 0.2.3.1 - Tab browsing with an added boost.
Tweak Network 1.1 - Tweak network settings.
User Agent Switcher 0.6.6 - Adds a menu and a toolbar button to switch the user agent of the browser.

Generated by ListZilla
gonna look into GreaseMonkey sometime soon

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Apart from Nightly testers tools you can use the tip from *roachfiend.com/archives/2005/09/12/how-to-update-old-extensions-for-new-firefox-releases/

The key to making these work (for 99.9% of the time, anyway) is changing one line in the install.rdf file. That’s it!

So how do you do this? Read on and you’ll find out.

The first thing you need to do is to download the extension to your computer. You can do this by right-clicking and selecting “Save Link As…� Put it somewhere where you’ll have easy access to, like your desktop.

Then, you want to rename the file from “extension.xpi� to “extension.zip�.

Unzip it using WinRAR, or WinZip, or 7-Zip… anything you want. Mac users have this ability built-in, and anyone using linux shouldn’t have to read anything here to get it working anyway.

Now you should have a folder that will contain some files and folders. The only file we want to change is “install.rdf�. Open it up in a text editor, and look for this line:

<em:maxVersion>XXX</em:maxVersion>

We want to change the XXX to something that the new browser will accept. Mozilla folks will tell you that changing this value to anything higher than the current version is A Bad Thing, but I say go ahead and change it to 1.9. This will ensure that it will work until version 1.9 comes out. Hell, you could change it to 54.7 if you wanted to, but I know for a fact that 1.9 works well, because that’s what all of my extensions’ maxVersion numbers are.

So, you changed that line to 1.9, so save it. Now exit your text editor.

The next step is to zip up those same files and folders again, just as you unzipped them. Make sure you don’t include the original zip archive in there; we just want the original files and folders. If you’re using WinRAR, enable zip compression and not rar compression in the options. It won’t work unless you do.

After the zip file has been created, rename it again from “extension.zip� to “extension.xpi�.

Open up the file in Firefox by going to File > Open File… and that’s it. After you restart Firefox, your old extension should be good as new.

The caveat for the 0.1% of extensions that will not work are based on new methods for the extension manager, such as ListZilla and Ext2Abc. These required a little more work under the hood, but most extensions don’t use hooks like those. They’re simply Javascript files that are more or less independent, and just needed to tell the main installer that it’s okay for them to work with a higher Firefox version number.

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Lol, even I have unistalled that 1.5 b1 :D

@navjotjsingh
That nighty tester is fine, nevertheless I will try this one also :D

whoopy_whale

Journeyman
Now I have the following extensions installed...
Download Manager Tweak
Focus Last selected Tab
Google Toolbar for Firefox
Tweak Network
CustomizeGoogle
Adblock
CuteMenus-Crystal
Flashblock
ImgLikeOpera

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
i found some less famous but very useful extensions

Download Statusbar
*downloadstatusbar.mozdev.org/
next time u download some file .. it wont open download window ... instead a statusbar ..
which can be furthur minimized to existing statusbar in FF .. really cool extension

Auto copy
*autocopy.mozdev.org/
copy like in *nix, highlight text and its copied, no need to press Ctrl-C

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
well any body having link to working smileyxtra database extension??? it is available but its database cannot be updated

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

@alib_i,
I have that Auto copy installed in my FX. V.0.5.4
But it's quite buggy (or thats what I feel). Does that automatically deselect after the select thing? The earlier version used to be good, but this dint have that deselecting thing, I had to change that in that from about:config.
How is this working in your FX?

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
there is an option for that ..
you can check/uncheck it .. whtever u want to !
*img82.imageshack.us/img82/537/clipboard012cc.jpg

-----
alibi

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Ohh.. thanks man.. I dint like the blinking thing.. and it's working fine. Another thing, even after selecting "Enable in Text box", it dont work in text boxes. Any ideas?

Another thing: What's the VS that you got?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom