Linux users are poor ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
By that I am more l33t than almost all of you, even Yamaraj :eek:
C0unt me 0ut 0f almost all 0f y0u list :p 1'st of all Open Source s/w are not ab0ut being free .. Its about the code.. Any 1 can edit and customize acc. to his/her need :) Now where the topic rich and poor comes in between :|

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
Statement:"Linux users are poor "

Huh, I purchased Vista premium and uninstalled it in two days , now using Ubuntu , howzzat ???

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
i dont think that using a particular OS makes u rich or poor :? up surd logic to say the least .... a pirated version of windows is readily available if cost was the factor why people shifted to linux i find it rather naive a reason

talking about macs is something totally different coz u have tobuy hardware that goes along

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Hmm, I have Windows Licensed and I am running Linux in a virtual machine.

Does it mean that I am both rich and poor at the same time or does it mean that I am actually rich but virtually poor or does it mean that I am rich when I start the computer but subse4quently become poor when I fire up the virtual machine?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I am not sure if this discussion is on at this form. What you guys think?

Companies like Cisco, IBM, HP have most of their infrastructure running on linux/unix. Does this mean that they are poor.

Use of linux by someone depends on their skill set. If they are more comfortable with linux, they will go for it.

One more example, number of users accpeting vista or buying vista are very very few (unless they get it with new pc/lappy). This doesn't mean that others are poor. It's just that the OS does not do what they want it to do or are not comfortable with this OS.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
:) :)

My problem is not Windows, what I hate is M$ monopolistic way of conducting business. Someone need to kick them on their bu##, glad to see Google doing just that.

And this is the problem with the world, people like you . Some years later you will replace MS with Google and Google with some xyz org and say the same damn thing . huh .

praka123

left this forum longback
And this is the problem with the world, people like you . Some years later you will replace MS with Google and Google with some xyz org and say the same damn thing . huh .
what is wrong?being a monopolist is a sin.If I should have the power,I would have used a hydrogen bomb in redmond removing all DRM's permanently! :D

@parveen:yes,this deserves to be in fight club,lets have some high BP :))

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Quite possible, if he does that then it can be inferred that he's not a google fanboy but really hates monopolistic companies.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
@ Praka, Last I heard, Redmond is not the only source of DRM! What about Fairplay, AACS, Content Scrambling System!

And Oh Sony!

You would have to nuke almost 1/3 of the world. Unless of course you think MS is the only devil in the world. I am against DRM and support open standards, freedom of access, not only at software level but also at hardware level as well but...

Man, seriously, control the hatred, it is consuming you! I'd say spend some more time with your girlfriend/wife instead of the kernel.

abhinandh

Proud to be Linux
all crap.
firstly computers are not owned by the poor and secondly if linux is for the poor then there is no need for nvidia 8800 and 8600 drivers in linux:)

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
^^ +1 add this too .. If you think categories are decided by the use of OS .. Then nearly all windows users are below poverty line .. cause all use fake / pirated windows :p

Status
Not open for further replies.