Linux Gaming :: Isn't it time for a revolution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amitava82

MMO Addict
This is a post from www.linux-gamers.net forum. I really like you guys to read this thread. specially the second page first post. I don't know how you guys would feel while reading but I was way too excited n was feeling that i should so some kind of revolution to change this situation. :mad: plz do post your comments. sorry for putting an external forum link.

subratabera

Just another linux lover.
Here is something interesting...

Alky makes strides towards bringing Windows games to Linux

Falling Leaf Systems today announces the launch of their Alky conversion technology for Linux. This alpha release is designed as a sneak peak for Linux gaming enthusiasts to get a preview of what's to come. Currently it allows for previewing the Prey demo under Linux; any other titles are unsupported.

The Sapling Program has been started to fund the development of Falling Leaf System's Alky Project and the building of business relationships with video game development companies and publishers.

The Alky Project began with the singular goal of providing users of desktop Linux and Mac OSX operating systems with high quality gaming titles usually offered only to the masses running Microsoft Windows. Many have attempted this feat before with varying levels of success using the Open Source software dubbed Wine. While Wine, at this point, is certainly a far more mature offering than Alky in certain regards, it falls well short in crucial areas including speed, overhead, and the inability to support the coming age of 64 bit computing.

Each Alky Converter will solve these issues by converting a specific Windows game into a fully native OSX or Linux executable. Alky is fully 64 bit capable and has no Wine-like server architecture to provide unnecessary overhead and speed degradation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom