Links being redirected through AD sites

doomgiver

Warframe
i have found that many links are being redirected through ad-generating sites like Tyroodr, Cuelinks etc.
like this :
*cuelinks.com/redirect?pub_id=54CL3...-3rd-gen-ci3-2gb-500gb-dos/p/itmdfzf94ywgkxez

frankly, this is highly irritating and due to my settings, i cannot access these sites unless i enable link redirection in my browser, which i wont do, because i should not have to go through a bloody tsunami of ads just to get to a link.

is there any way to remove the stupid redirection from such links?
any help would be much appreciated!!!

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Sadly it has been implemented. The admins(Raaabo and ico) will know better.

I think there are enough ads on the page already and atleast the links we post can be spared?

Rajesh345

Youngling
I am also getting this error starting from last 3-4 days i think

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachments/internet-www/8422d1358071444-links-being-redirected-through-ad-sites-1.png
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachments/internet-www/8423d1358071445-links-being-redirected-through-ad-sites-2.png
1.png2.PNG

OP
doomgiver

doomgiver

Warframe
dude, this re-direct crap is bugging the hell out of me.

i dont want to give clicks to any ad-site.

yes, the admins should not redirect our links. its not ethical.

Sarath

iDota
Same problem here with KIS on my PC. Keeps blocking the link, which I have to manually approve each time.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
never noticed this... using opera
testing

ok... try changing forum theme to tdf v6.5 instead of neo tdf guests... setting is there in the bottom bar... does this fix the problem?

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Yes. I have to manually edit the links everytime I want to open some link.

@Anorion, I'm on TDF v6.5 (Others too I guess). This has nothing to do with theme (I Guess).

Screenshot_2.jpg

Naxal

Little Kid
I am facing the same issue with forum, KIS 2013 has also stopped me from directly clicking websites links given here. Very annoying.

Any FireFox or Chrome add-on to go around this issue which can remove these silly link re-directs from the page ??

Naxal

Little Kid
Working normally for me on my mobile with Opera Mini 7.1.

Its going via a redirection URL first, then to the original destination.

Security Suits present in PC (like Kaspersky or other anti malware) is able to detect and produce warning for the same.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
ok i can only see the redirected links in the neo tdf guests theme, it goes away when I switch

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
weird... will check on chrome and firefox, suspecting it has to do with how the url was posted as well

testing again
Nikon | Universcale test 2

Naxal

Little Kid
weird... will check on chrome and firefox, suspecting it has to do with how the url was posted as well

testing again

I used chrome.

Under The Mobile Theme, the URL you posted opens directly, but under TDF v6.5 and the NEO TDF Guest, all the links are going via some crappy redirection URL :(

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member

testing again

Well it has nothing to do with theme. It's present in all theme. And KIS blocks the URL as malicious.

Naxal

Little Kid
I saw one thing,

Belarc Advisor - Free Personal PC Audit, for software, hardware and security configuration information on your computer. Software license management, IT asset management, cyber security audits, and more.

This code is not putting that redirection URL :p

Code:
[url**=***www.belarc.com/free_download.html]*www.belarc.com/free_download.html[/url][/url]
** -> remove it in actual posting

Top Bottom