Linkin park or Metallica

Linkin Park or Metallica

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

lolumad

Broken In
I don't understand most of the metal songs because of the screaming/growling.Can you guys recommend me a good metal band.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Metal dosent give you headache... its the most technical and the most complex form of music and unless and until you dont have some sense of music/instruments, you wont enjoy it. Just go and checkout www.ultimate-guitar.com and ask how many of them love metal... I'm sure 70-80% of the guitar players are into metal.. or I can put it that way that 70-80% of the people who are in metal end up playing an instrument :p. Well, I even have proof to my 13-60yr old statement... how about you checking out Metal : A Headbanger's Journey... or Metallica's S&M Concert ? Metal is a headache only to numb-headed people :).

You want non screaming/non growling band ? Why not... afterall thats what prog. metal is all about. Dream Theater, Dio, Iron Mainden, Megadeth(it has raspy vocals but no growling), Eluveitie, etc

But well... LP is teh rulezzZZ!!!1one :D

OP
sagar.best

sagar.best

Don't mess with me.
I've seen the Wembley concert of Metallica (2008 ) and there were quite a few dudes with salt-pepper hair.
Anyway, why do I have to prove to you that metal is the only way?
And yeah, LP does suck :p

well whatever bro apni apni choice..... i love LP and you love metallica .... so har koi chaiye ki mere wali ki tarref hoye :D

OP
sagar.best

sagar.best

Don't mess with me.
The most probable reason is that most of the typical indian 35+ guys grew up in the contemporary bollywood culture, making them numb headed. Moreover, they imagine their own necks will snap everytime they see true metal heads headbanging. I am saying most, 'cause I know some o' them who love metal as much as any GenX guy.

I too started listening to rock from LP,
-Hybrid Theory : Good
-Meteora : OK
-Reanimation : Recycled Bull****
-Minutes to Midnight : An Awful piece of ***** **** ***!

I am wholly into metal now. LP has run out of candies for the kids.

well reanimation was bullshit .... and miuntes to midnight was OK some songs were nice... :)

from all the posts above that it's proved that mostly youngster like LP and 20+ like mettalica...

mettalica lovers are more here than LP ....

tabbhi if LP came to india kaun kaun jayega....??:razz: count me in at all cost...

Last edited:

geek_rocker

Broken In
Metal dosent give you headache... its the most technical and the most complex form of music and unless and until you dont have some sense of music/instruments, you wont enjoy it. Just go and checkout www.ultimate-guitar.com and ask how many of them love metal... I'm sure 70-80% of the guitar players are into metal.. or I can put it that way that 70-80% of the people who are in metal end up playing an instrument :p. Well, I even have proof to my 13-60yr old statement... how about you checking out Metal : A Headbanger's Journey... or Metallica's S&M Concert ? Metal is a headache only to numb-headed people :).

You want non screaming/non growling band ? Why not... afterall thats what prog. metal is all about. Dream Theater, Dio, Iron Mainden, Megadeth(it has raspy vocals but no growling), Eluveitie, etc

But well... LP is teh rulezzZZ!!!1one :D

Are you on UG too? :shock: Have you registered there?

One more thing, most of the UGers hate nu-metal.(yes, including slipknot).
And Metal is not for low-minded morons, you need to have sense of music and the techincality behind it, or else you'll not be able to enjoy it. Just like classical, which I also love.

Btw, Any Opeth fans here? We should start a Metalheads social group.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^I am not a big Opeth fan but they are great yeah... I have heard a lot from them :). I am on UG too.. username is paranj.

BTW, sagar.best... I am 14yrs old... and that kinda proves that not only 20+ people like Metallica.

Nu-Metal cant be considered metal at all. I was a big fan of Slipknot and now I dont like them at all.

My views on LP album :-

Hybrid Theory :- Bullsh1t
Meteora :- Stinking Bullsh1t
Re-Animation :- A money earning trick by a bunch of money whores
Collision Course :- Even Jay-Z thought that he needed some money too... so here we go again
Minutes to Midnight :- a mediocre album and LP's best effort till date.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^I have heard all of their albums and I must say that they are awesome. The way they blend all the instruments together is just amazing!

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^By listening to them. Every sub-genre has an unique sound like death metal has low-pitched growling vocals with heavy guitar riffs and lyrics about gore, cannibalism, killing, etc

black metal has high pitched screaming vocals with MOSTLY tremolo picked frantic guitar riffs fast pounding drums with lyrics genreally related to satanism, anti-christ, atheism, etc

these are just two examples... but every genre has different sound.

And yes, one other way in which we find out is by NOT seeing Wikipedia because when it comes to music classification, Wikipedia is sh1t. It terms Children of Bodom as a melo death band.. WTF ?

Anyone here tried Eluveitie??
A swiss symphonic metal band. Try inis mona. Its simply brilliant.
+1
Eluveitie is brilliant, never thought that folk instruments could be blended into metal so well :D

One more thing, most of the UGers hate nu-metal.(yes, including slipknot).
And Metal is not for low-minded morons, you need to have sense of music and the techincality behind it, or else you'll not be able to enjoy it. Just like classical, which I also love.
+1 for classical
My fav composer is Yanni, along with the "typical" likes of Mozart, Bach and Beethoven :)

geek_rocker

Broken In
+1
Eluveitie is brilliant, never thought that folk instruments could be blended into metal so well :D

+1 for classical
My fav composer is Yanni, along with the "typical" likes of Mozart, Bach and Beethoven :)
Wow, a classical fan on an Indian forum!!11
Bach is my favourite, followed by Beethoven, Handel, and Paganini. I don't really like Mozart except his famous Requiem.

Metalheads, ever heard of Ne Obliviscaris? It's a new progressive black metal band and they are awesome.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^ok... but they arent melo death at all... their first album was a melo-death album with classical influences (Red Light in My Eyes :D)... but the later were more of power metal releases.. the latest being blackened thrash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom