Linkin park or Metallica

Linkin Park or Metallica

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
imagine a guy on this bike (yep its a harley)
*www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2001models/2001-Harley-Davidson-FXDLDynaLowRider-small.jpg
with a black leather jacket, black denim trousers, black boots,black sunglasses
and LP music in the background..well that will suck...and wouldnt be fair on that guy or this bike...

now imagine the same but with metallica, judas priest or motorhead in the background!!
lol...stupid post really. :lol:

<no offense> :)

Dude, it dosent matter how many bands you have heard... no need to boast about them... you have heard nearly half of what I have (metal only :D) but that dosent make me greater than you.

fine
sorry i got a little emo ....

any Trance fans here ? my fav genre

Paul Van Dyk - Tell me why
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx4Tv69RrDg&feature=fvst

demoninside

In the zone
what stupidity, How can you compare a legend with Kid,
A band which is active from 80's and had world's most successful tour, and giving hits after hit, still active, with a kid how had 2 good album and 9 yrs in Industry, If you ask even LP crew what they think about them being compared with Metallica, I am sure they will be happy just to hear that, beat thinking to compare.

They are still kids, we might compare them after they give 10 more yrs of good music, but I can see them fading already.

No comparison.

in the end... it doesn't even matter!!...

Linkin Park FTW!!
Master Of Puppets I'm pulling your strings....................
Twisting your mind, smashing your dreams.....................
:twisted:

Linkin Park is OK, worth a listen, but it's stupid to compare it with a legend with more than 30 years of head-bangin music :|

Krow

Crowman
^^^ +1

Anyway, LP was good when it used to release Hybrid Theory and Meteora. Not so after Minutes to Midnight. Collision Course isnt an all-out LP album, so won't consider it. Even "New Divide" is okay.

Metallica is a legend. Comparing it to LP isnt possible. They arent even the same Genre anymore. With "Minutes", LP became more pop than alternative metal, whereas Metallica has always fallen under the Metal Genre. Call it Death Metal, Thrash Metal, call it whatever u like, its still "Metal"lica.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Even if you combine YellPee, Breaking Benjamin, Bullet for my Valentine, Slipknot, all boy bands, Enrigay Iglesias, Madonna, devil knows what else, etc then also they cant compare with Metallica.

Metallica are legends, pioneers and talented musicians who have a very firm command over there respective instruments. Their song writting is un-matchable and so is their technicality. Ask Brad Delson of YellPee to play Master of Puppet's mid solo.. heck, atleast tell him to try to play MoP's intro riff :p.

ancientrites

In the zone
i have no idea why Lp is compared to legendary metallica.To me Lp are more of rapcore,heard couple of tracks thats it.i think Lp should be compared with limp bizkit.even if metallica decides to enter in rapcore department lp would get pawned easily with just remix of "st anger" track.lmaooo.....i am madly anger with you

Krow

Crowman
^^^Nw that I really begin to think, I can count on so many Metallica songs to bring that emotion/anger/whatever from within once u mention them. LP just makes me sick nwadays.

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Linkin park is for kids. Metallica on Guitar and Megadeath for removing disorientation and clearing some really aromatic ear dirt. Though psychedelic trance is the taste of the season. Well, who doesn't love trance. *www.smileyhut.com/music/wos_musik8.gif

+1
+1 for the trance...

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
On March 7, 1999, Metallica was inducted into the San Francisco Walk of Fame. The mayor of San Francisco, Willie Brown, proclaimed the day "Official Metallica Day". Metallica was awarded the MTV Icon award in 2003, and a concert was held paying tribute to the band with artists performing Metallica songs. Performances included Sum 41 with a medley of "For Whom the Bell Tolls", "Enter Sandman", and "Master of Puppets". Staind covered "Nothing Else Matters", Avril Lavigne played "Fuel", hip-hop artist Snoop Dogg performed "Sad But True", Korn played "One", and Limp Bizkit performed a rendition of "Welcome Home (Sanitarium)".

Source : Wikipedia

Also read this kids: *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metallica#Legacy_and_influence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom