LG Optimus One launched!!!

OP
N

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
Phonearena.com LG Optimus One Review
Another review of O1, from a great website of mobile reviews...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
if it launches in 12k bracket, than can we expect G3 to have a price cut soon? if G3 avl for 11k, i'll get it next month, as soon as Froyo comes to G3.

Gollum

Collector
Phonearena.com LG Optimus One Review
Another review of O1, from a great website of mobile reviews...

that's a good review. Helped me confirm my main doubt about the phone. Now i will not buy lg optimus since it doesn't serve my purpose.

Gollum

Collector
About lg optimus being able to play dvd resolution video(720x480) like samsung galaxy 3. But sadly it can only play video upto (420x260) which is even lesser than it's own screen resolution. It is also bigger and more expensive than galaxy 3

OP
N

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
@Sam.Shab

G3 street price is likely to be 11k.
And no news about froyo 2.2 upgrade!!! Sigh!!!
Even Galaxy S hasnt got its froyo update till now.

@gollum

If you are into multimedia, you can not go wrong with G3...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@Sam.Shab

G3 street price is likely to be 11k.
And no news about froyo 2.2 upgrade!!! Sigh!!!
Even Galaxy S hasnt got its froyo update till now

for now its close to 12k. maybe 200-300 bucks less if bargained. but as i am short of money now (will sell old PC in december), december looks the idle time to get my hands on a new mobile, after exams are over & i am fully free.

else G3 may take toll on my exams.

Gollum

Collector
Damn i have to go to pune this saturday for an interview. This will set my plan back by a month. Guess i'll get a new phone in january :(

OP
N

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
@gollum

They said max resoltion O1 can play is 420x260...
Look at the specs of phone, it can record video in VGA(640*480) resolution. So this means, it cant even play its recorded videos.

Does this make sense??? :-|

ssb1551

Technomancer
^^Yups it makes sense.Whats the point of recording videos if it can't play it back?
Well thats a good news in fact!!So another point for O1!!:doublethumb:

Gollum

Collector
Vga in which format? It will play vga resolution of 3gp but not xvid. Xvid is the most common video codec used is most if not all 700mb movie encodes. Personally i myself want to get optimus but its video playback disability is more of a deal breaker for me. If only someone confirms the performance of rock player on optimus then it will be somewhat of a consolation.
i don't want to use rock player to play xvid etc format videos at choppy frame rate.

niraj87

Broken In
@NainO
The O1 plays VGA(640x480) in MP4 and 3GP and 420x260 in xVID to make it easier.

@Gollum
Which all codecs does the G3 play in 720x480 and how smooth. Also, what ab the pixelization as the video size increases, like for a 400mb file?

OP
N

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
thnx for the info niraj, this resolution will do just fine with me as i hardly use my phone for watching videos... :)

Gollum

Collector
Pixellation comes when the bit rate of the video is low. Low bit rate will result in low file size. So even with a video of resolution 200x300 (high bit rate) there will be no pixellation.
In case of g3, the screen resolution is too low when compared to 720*480 and hence even if the but rate us low the video will not look pixellated but will actually look sharper.
I've been doing this testing on my psp which has a rather low resolution for a competitively large 4.3" screen
so the verdict, any video that has resolution more than 240*400 will look sharp.

Top Bottom