LG LCD Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

sid_sh85

EXPLORING!!!!!
Hi guys....if u remember i had zeroed in on the samsung 2233sw after a lot of help frm u guys....now 2 of my dealers in mumbai frm whom i regulary purchase stuff dnt hav it in stock n said mite take 3-4 days more 2 get....meanwhile i saw the lg w2224ws or 2224ws( dnt remember exactly)...now though the model was nt attractive, it had 16:10 aspect ratio which sounded gud 4 my graphic designing n 3d wrks...can u pls guide me on the drawbacks n advantages of 16:10 versus 16:9...ALso, kindly giv ur opinions on LG models available...max budget 10.5k...THANX

surinder

Tech addict
If it is a 24" 16:10 model then most probably 1920x1200 native resolution that means if you are going to watch any video which is full HD (1920x1080) then you are going to have black strips horizontally of 1920x60 on upper and lower side of your panel. And that is its major drawback.

OP
sid_sh85

sid_sh85

EXPLORING!!!!!
oh...but is that all?? is that the only Disadvntge??? i mean what wen it comes to gaming? does it affect gaming too? in what way??? and could u pls provide the costs of LG LCDs in my above mentioned budget...thanx...

surinder

Tech addict
yes, there is no drawback in gaming but you have to upgrade your GPU to have reasonable FPS in gaming if you wanna play games on its native resolution. L.G W2243T 22" @10.3K but my favorite is Samsung 2233sw @10.2K.

static_x

In the zone
If you're interested in LG then please see W2243T its full HD panel with 16:9 ration. 30000:1 DCR and 2 MS RT. Priced @ Rs.10.2K. Its a decent buy. LG service is really good and you can rely on that.

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
If you are planning to go for 24" i would suggest you go for Dell 2409WFP! Its e-ips panel monitor! I don't what is its price, please ask your dealer about it!

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
Sorry made a mistake in the model number. 2409WFP is VA display and its extremely costly! E-IPS panel monitor is 2209WA. You can go for this one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom