LG 65" Ultra HDTV preview

randomuser111

Technomancer
^

HardwareInfo is not to be trusted as Bible, but they claim they have tested the TV in LG office and have pics as proof too. And please, CNET is far from the most trusted review site on the web. They have gone downhill over the years and they get bashed for most of their reviews, just read the comments under reviews. So I'd suggest you stop believing that CNET is the most trusted. They are heavily biased and sometimes down right stupid. Nobody takes CNET seriously anymore.

And frankly if I wanted to use a site to support my statement I would not degrade CNET but applaud it as CNET has stated that LG TV's have poor PQ. But I didn't do that. ;)

LGWRSherlock

LG Expert
^

HardwareInfo is not to be trusted as Bible, but they claim they have tested the TV in LG office and have pics as proof too. And please, CNET is far from the most trusted review site on the web. They have gone downhill over the years and they get bashed for most of their reviews, just read the comments under reviews. So I'd suggest you stop believing that CNET is the most trusted. They are heavily biased and sometimes down right stupid. Nobody takes CNET seriously anymore.

And frankly if I wanted to use a site to support my statement I would not degrade CNET but applaud it as CNET has stated that LG TV's have poor PQ. But I didn't do that. ;)

You guys wanted some numbers on price, so I found some for you.

LG 84LM9600 Online Price in India, Specifications, Reviews, Features : Televisions - Compare India
Sony KD-84X9000 Online Price in India, Specifications, Reviews, Features : Televisions - Compare India

As you guys may already know, this site aggregates prices of various retailers and lists them. The cheapest price for the 84LM9600 is 10,78,999 INR, and the cheapest price for the KD-84X9000 is 16,00,000 INR. Now, according to the trustedreviews site, the differences in score between the two TVs was 1. LG is 8, and Sony is 9. This time, I'll ask the question again: is the one point difference worth 5,21,000 INR?

LG WRman Sherlock, out!

randomuser111

Technomancer
Are you sure about that price sherlock??? If true then I must say its incredible value for money :thumbup:

And yes if what you posted is true, then no the extra 1 point is not worth 5 lacs

sumit_anand

Ask the man who owns one!
Yes that's what they found. Let's wait for full fledged reviews for more details.

EDIT:

Here are reviews of both Sony and LG 4K sets from the same review site. From the info on here I think hardwareinfo guys may have got confused. LG does have upscaling feature but NOT a 4K video processing engine which has nothing much to do with upscaling. Upscaling performance on both TVs is more or lesss the same.

Anyway the overall scores for both the Sets in the reviews

2D Picture Quality

Sony - 10/10
LG - 9/10

3D Picture Quality

Sony- 10/10
LG - 9/10

Overall -

Sony - 9/10
LG - 8/10

Sony KD-84X9005 - 3D Picture Performance

LG 84LM960V - Upscaled and 3D Images

@randomuser11: I am getting confused by your posts now, till now you were laying so much emphasis on the review done by hardwareinfo and even claimed that the review done by Cnet is not accurate but now you have taken a U turn on what all you said ad it's a big big question mark on your credibility as well. And also on the same review done by trustedreview.com, they rank LG higher in terms of Features and value then why didn't you mentioned them in the post. It will be a lot better If we can discuss about the tech and features only instead of de-grading one brand just because you are a fan boy of the other brand.

randomuser111

Technomancer
Sorry if I hurt you ( I know you are a big LG fanboy) but if you actually read my posts properly you will realize you have misunderstood my posts completely.

1. Hardwareinfo is not a crap site, they have done the review in LG office itself and for proof you can see the photos.
After sherlock's clarification I did write that I believe hardwareinfo guys goofed up somewhere but the equal blame also goes to LG UK for not knowing about their Own product.

2. I was talking about cnet in general and did not say anywhere that the cnet asia 4k comparo review was biased or crap or wrong, which LGsherlock posted

3. Features are not key when buying a TV. The most important criteria is picture quality only.

4. In India both LG and Sony 4k sets cost the same so the value score cannot apply in India। In UK yes, but we are in India. LGSherlock mentioned that the LG set can be bought for far cheaper than its MRP but we cannot be 100% sure, I have myself been lured by such low prices on compareindia but when you actually call them they give 101 reasons that the price advertised was for special cases etc. Maybe Im wrong but we cant know for sure. If its true then sure I myself said it earlier and I will say it again - If indeed LG 4k set is 10 lac then I will give it 10/10 for value and 7/10 to Sony.

tkin

Back to school!!
Sorry if I hurt you ( I know you are a big LG fanboy) but if you actually read my posts properly you will realize you have misunderstood my posts completely.

1. Hardwareinfo is not a crap site, they have done the review in LG office itself and for proof you can see the photos.
After sherlock's clarification I did write that I believe hardwareinfo guys goofed up somewhere but the equal blame also goes to LG UK for not knowing about their Own product.

2. I was talking about cnet in general and did not say anywhere that the cnet asia 4k comparo review was biased or crap or wrong, which LGsherlock posted

3. Features are not key when buying a TV. The most important criteria is picture quality only.

4. In India both LG and Sony 4k sets cost the same so the value score cannot apply in India। In UK yes, but we are in India. LGSherlock mentioned that the LG set can be bought for far cheaper than its MRP but we cannot be 100% sure, I have myself been lured by such low prices on compareindia but when you actually call them they give 101 reasons that the price advertised was for special cases etc. Maybe Im wrong but we cant know for sure. If its true then sure I myself said it earlier and I will say it again - If indeed LG 4k set is 10 lac then I will give it 10/10 for value and 7/10 to Sony.
*jgroome.com/kindlerage/res/yao.png

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Good to see sony embrace passive 3d and really has done a great job at that.

Passive 3d is the future of 3d and will pave way for lenticular displays in future. :)

sumit_anand

Ask the man who owns one!
Instead of being called a LG Fan boy, I would say that I adrmire the tech used by LG and many times I have recommended Sony and Samsung to users so I consider myself an independent bird who can fly anywhere. I am also confused how LG Guyz also don't know about their products, may be Sherlock can explain this thing in a more better way to us. And yes, If the tv is available at the price mentioned by sherlock then i don't think it's a bad deal. even naaptol has listed the same model at 12,50,000 INR but the model is not available for sale.
LG 84-inch LM9600 Ultra Definition Cinema 3D Smart LED TV Price - Buy LG 84-inch LM9600 Ultra Definition Cinema 3D Smart LED TV Price in India, Best Prices n Review

randomuser111

Technomancer
Instead of being called a LG Fan boy, I would say that I adrmire the tech used by LG and many times I have recommended Sony and Samsung to users so I consider myself an independent bird who can fly anywhere. I am also confused how LG Guyz also don't know about their products, may be Sherlock can explain this thing in a more better way to us. And yes, If the tv is available at the price mentioned by sherlock then i don't think it's a bad deal. even naaptol has listed the same model at 12,50,000 INR but the model is not available for sale.
LG 84-inch LM9600 Ultra Definition Cinema 3D Smart LED TV Price - Buy LG 84-inch LM9600 Ultra Definition Cinema 3D Smart LED TV Price in India, Best Prices n Review

Chill buddy, I didn't mean that in a wrong way. Nothing wrong in being a fanboy as long as you are not a blind fanboy. Which you are not. :)

LGWRManSherlock is an LG representative (so a lil more than LG fanboy hahaha) but he's still cool and everybody likes him ;). Me included.

As for the compareIndia price, sadly they don't sell any product. But just a place for dealers to post attractive prices and get customers. So those prices just can't be trusted. Same for naaptol as it's not for sale. Anybody can sign up on compareIndia and post a good price..

As for LG showroom and other electronics retailers I know the price is closer to MRP and definitely not as low as on compareIndia.

Ankit Omar

Broken In
^

In my experience you’re the first person who is so confidently saying such things about Cnet, I agree they might have done some errors at times but I think this is not enough to say for a source like Cnet that they are not trustworthy or heavily biased! And secondly like you said in one you post above that
I think Hardwareinfo guys may have gotten confused.
This again is an example of human error so there wouldn’t be any sense if I’ll start saying about Hardwareinfo that they are not trustworthy and all.

And as far as the prices are concerned I won’t comment about any of them by the time I’ll get any relevant source to present, but after going through above comments made by LG representative, you and some other forum members I got this link on Indiatimes Buy LG 84-inch LCD 3D Smart TV-84LM9600 online, LG 84-inch LCD 3D Smart TV-84LM9600 Price, Reviews @ Indiatimes Shopping for LG 84LM9600 price which indicates that this model is available at much cheaper prices than its launched price and above all its IN STOCK FOR SALE at this price however, yet to do a bit more search for the price of Sony 84-inch model.

randomuser111

Technomancer
^

LOL. They even couldn't find the right picture of the TV. Hahahahaha

And as for CNET, they ARE crap. No two ways about it. Sometimes they are good, but most of the times not.

Anyway I guess it can sitll be a good proof but I'd say you go and enquire about the price at LG showroom or any multi brand electronics showroom to be sure.

Ankit Omar

Broken In
I have observed your comments since from the start of this thread you were interchanging your statements so often and that shows the level of understanding for any subject you have. At this stage I would say you should rather present logical proof to favor your statement instead.

And if CNET IS CRAP then I believe whatever they are posting for Sony is also crap, then why many times Sony guys go for their reviews and recommend others to follow CNET? Now don’t tell me that Sony never follows CNET in either way please. And I guess there is no worth of arguing about this topic anymore since the original matter regarding upscaling PQ was already discussed very well before.

LGWRSherlock

LG Expert
Now, now, everyone. Let's not get into a flame war. Where's the love, y'all? More specifically, our love for excellent TVs, whether they're LG, Sony, Samsung or whoever.

LG WRman Sherlock, out!

Ankit Omar

Broken In
Now, now, everyone. Let's not get into a flame war. Where's the love, y'all? More specifically, our love for excellent TVs, whether they're LG, Sony, Samsung or whoever.

LG WRman Sherlock, out!
Hahaha “flame war” that’s funny! And to be honest here I’ll go with you as our love is for excellent products and technology no matter whether they are from Sony, Samsung, LG and Panasonic etc. They all are electronic industry leaders and always come-in-front with incredible products!

Top Bottom