LG 4K TV vs Sony 4K TV

amjath

Human Spambot
I was so eager to see the specs too but it is unfortunate that the thread was closed see why it is closed

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/167101-high-end-gaming-pc.html

randomuser111

Technomancer
LOL! 17 lacs for TV and 9 lacs for a PC is not justified at all. Celebrities and rich corporate bosses can buy of course :)

Sam22

TV Expert
LOL! 17 lacs for TV and 9 lacs for a PC is not justified at all. Celebrities and rich corporate bosses can buy of course :)

yup...They even don't bother to check the specs online,,,Would just go to a store and will pick up a Tv they like regardless of the price....

LGWRSherlock

LG Expert
I was so eager to see the specs too but it is unfortunate that the thread was closed see why it is closed

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/167101-high-end-gaming-pc.html

Well, if there REALLY is no budget limit... the absolutely ultimate gaming rig would be THREE Ultra HD TVs hooked up to a quad-SLI set up with full 7.1 surround sound... and sitting only 6-8 feet from it. See how I brought this thread back on topic? :wink:

LG WRman Sherlock, out!

Sam22

TV Expert
Well, if there REALLY is no budget limit... the absolutely ultimate gaming rig would be THREE Ultra HD TVs hooked up to a quad-SLI set up with full 7.1 surround sound... and sitting only 6-8 feet from it. See how I brought this thread back on topic? :wink:

LG WRman Sherlock, out!

lol, I think we need to rob a bank for doing something like this....

amjath

Human Spambot

LG WRman Sherlock, out!

:lol:

Hey Sherlock, just wanted to know something about the newly launched 84" ultra HD TV's from LG. The 84" TV from Sony is using passive tech and also has a 10 driver stereo speaker system while there is no such speaker system in LG so what's the big deal in LG now.

LGWRSherlock

LG Expert
Hey Sherlock, just wanted to know something about the newly launched 84" ultra HD TV's from LG. The 84" TV from Sony is using passive tech and also has a 10 driver stereo speaker system while there is no such speaker system in LG so what's the big deal in LG now.

Well, according to US prices, the 84LM9600 is $19,999, and the 84X900 is $24,999. With the extra 5 thousand you save, I'm sure you can buy a home theater system better than anything the 84X900 will be able to put out. Of course, I don't mean to say that the speakers built into the 84X900 aren't any good. In fact, I think they're probably the best built-in speakers you'll ever see. However, it DOES cost an extra 5 grand, and even with just 2-3 grand, you can buy the absolute best speakers with 7.1 surround sound.

In addition, the 84LM9600 come with pretty good speakers themselves. There are TWO subwoofers built into the 84LM9600.

Just sayin'.

LG WRman Sherlock, out!

Kirtu Jindal

Broken In
@prashant70 - There is nothing to get shocked about here, man! The decision (or rumors regarding the decision) by Sony to get LG panels for 4K TV is guided by pure economics - it makes better sense for ONE producer to make all the panels since the initial demand for large screen 4K TVs will likely remain very low - the fixed cost for setting up facilities for making the same will be very high. And has randomuser111 has already pointed out, the panels are the only thing that the 84LM9600 (the LG model name) and the Sony 4K TV share - the inner stuff will be all different.

LGWRSherlock

LG Expert
Why discussing US prices:p
In India LG 4k tv is more expensive than Sony 4k tv by a full RS.100!!! :D

Well, I only mentioned it because those are the MRP of the TVs! And besides, 17,00,000 INR translates to over 30,000 USD, which means that is clearly not the price at which they are actually sold....

LG WRman Sherlock, out!

randomuser111

Technomancer
Well, I only mentioned it because those are the MRP of the TVs! And besides, 17,00,000 INR translates to over 30,000 USD, which means that is clearly not the price at which they are actually sold....

LG WRman Sherlock, out!

So you mean that LG 4k tv price is not 17 lacs:eek:

Thats what LG india says - 17 lac INR

US prices and India prices are not related.

Tvs are much cheaper in US than India.

55LM8600 costs 80k in USA, but 2 lacs in India.

LG WRman Sherlock, out!

As randomuser said, why to compare the prices in US dollar. There is just a difference of 100 INR in Sony and LG 84" TV. Thanks for telling about the subwoofers in the LG TV, didn't heard about it from any site. so we can say that there won't be any sound problem in this 84" LG TV.by the way Have you demoed the LG Ultra HD TV?

LGWRSherlock

LG Expert
As randomuser said, why to compare the prices in US dollar. There is just a difference of 100 INR in Sony and LG 84" TV. Thanks for telling about the subwoofers in the LG TV, didn't heard about it from any site. so we can say that there won't be any sound problem in this 84" LG TV.by the way Have you demoed the LG Ultra HD TV?

I have seen the LG Ultra HD TV in person, but I have not had a chance to thoroughly review it myself. I will say, however, that 84 inches is a LOT bigger than you might think. Think about how big a 55 inch TV looks. Now, watch this video and notice the 55 inch TV standing next to the 84 inch TV: Hands on with LG 84LM9600 84-inch 4K Ultra HD TV. - YouTube.

Obviously, 84 inches is a very large TV. But I don't think people quite realize HOW big it REALLY is.

LG WRman Sherlock, out!

But surely merely the sound or audio cannot be the deciding factor to buy a TV; not belittling its importance. And surely, buying a home theater is not a big deal; in fact essential when you are considering a top end model like LM9600 Ultra HD TV. And Sony using panel from LG means the biggest vote of confidence in LG. Real appreciation when even a competitor or enemy is forced to acknowledge your strength.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
I have seen the LG Ultra HD TV in person, but I have not had a chance to thoroughly review it myself. I will say, however, that 84 inches is a LOT bigger than you might think. Think about how big a 55 inch TV looks. Now, watch this video and notice the 55 inch TV standing next to the 84 inch TV: Hands on with LG 84LM9600 84-inch 4K Ultra HD TV. - YouTube.

Obviously, 84 inches is a very large TV. But I don't think people quite realize HOW big it REALLY is.

LG WRman Sherlock, out!

Yeah. Most people cannot comprehend it. Infact when I did see the LG 4K TV its height was almost same as mines(the tv was on a stand obviously and I stand at 5'9")

Thing is anyone who spends so much on a TV will also spend some more to buy a Hi-fi audio system too IMO.

Top Bottom