Let's Rock event as it goes

Status
Not open for further replies.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Jobs: reports of my death are greatly exaggerated. (but he looks extremely skinny and without flesh)
1) iTMS no.1 music distributor now
2) NBC is back on iTunes
3) itunes 8 introduced
4) new feature in itunes called 'Genius' -- it allows you to make playlists from songs in your library that go together. It helps you rediscover music in your library. The results are tailored to your tastes and library. Automatically make playlists with just one click. Genius Results are tailored to your music library. It's all opt-in. Updated once a week automatically. The new icon looks atomic, somewhat like the logo for the Genius Bar at Apple Stores.

5) iPod. Latest data shows iPod at 73.4% marketshare in US. #2 is "other" at 15.4%. #3 is Sandisk. #4 is Microsoft with 2.6%.

6) 80Gb and 160Gb discontinued. new 120Gb will be sold for $249

7) ipod nano: Curved aluminum design, curved glass.

1. Very durable.
  2. Enhanced UI with new features,
  3. accelerometer,
  4. on-the-fly genius playlist creation.
    The rumored shots of nano were true. that's the new ipod nano,
    [*]the thinnest ever made
    Damn it looks so thin. it's not that it is thin. It's the design that makes it look thin. It's curved and hence the visible thinness.
  5. 24hr music and 4hr video battery life
  6. Environmental checklist: arsenic-free glass, BFR-free, Mercury-free, PVC free, and highly recyclable materials.
  7. 8Gb 149$ and 16Gb 199$
  8. Colors: Silver, purple, bue, green, yellow, orange, red, pink.
  9. shipping today
ipod touch

1. integrated volume controls into the side
  2. built in speaker
  3. inbuilt appstore
  4. genius playlist creation
  5. built in nike+. you only need the transmitter for the shoe now
  6. even thinner
  7. enhanced UI and artwork
  8. 8GB: $229
  9. 16GB: $299
  10. 32GB $399.
  11. 36hour audio playback and 6hr video playback
  12. environment friendly
  13. iphone like curved rear design but thank god, it's metal on the back side.
  14. new performance enhancements (a.k.a patches) for free.
it is so so so so boring.
Phil Shiller takes over from here

1. shows spore and creature creator games. huh
  2. Real Soccer 2009 shipping today. gesture control, instant replays
  3. he just played NFS ;)

And finally, Jack Johnson, top selling itunes male artists takes the stage. Looks like it's over.

Last edited:

moshel

Padawan
Johnson says hi to all his friends watching this at home; nobody has the heart to tell him it's not live

haha Thats funny!!!!

i am following this from the past 1 hr on Cnet, whr are u following it?

oh btw, good job on posting this "live"....

Itunes will be available for download from today.
also
new in-earheadphones to be out in october for $79
OS X 2.1 released for iphone and touch.

iPod Touch owners who paid to update to OS X 2.0 are getting a free update to 2.1, but if you never upgraded to 2.0, you need to pay $9.99.

This is a big update, and it fixes lots of bugs." Fewer call drops, fewer app crashes, better battery life, and backing up to iTunes is dramatically faster

Source + complete event

Last edited:

1235Sam

Sameer
here is complete review of ipod touch
*www.ilounge.com/index.php/reviews/entry/apple-ipod-touch-second-generation-8gb-16gb-32gb/P0
and nano
*www.ilounge.com/index.php/reviews/entry/apple-ipod-nano-fourth-generation-8gb-16gb/

"There is one big audio change, and that’s the iPod touch’s sound chip. Months ago, long-time iPod audio chip supplier Wolfson Micro made clear—with minimal discretion—that its chips were not going to be included in either the upcoming iPod nano or iPod touch refreshes, which were then unknown. Lo and behold, the new devices arrived, and both of them sound like the Wolfson-chipless 2007 iPod classic—they’re cleaner, with a nearly non-existent static noise floor that’s as well-suited to audiophile-grade earphones as free pack-ins. That’s really good news for those who hope to use the iPod touch with better headphones; to our ears, this version is a big step up over the prior touch. "

guys any idea when will new ipod touch be available in india?i am sure 8 gb would cost less than 13k

Last edited:

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
^^ Much less than that. It'll cost around 10k while the 16gb will come at around the price of the previous 8gb, i.e. around 12k. The 8gb Touch is in fact gonna be cheaper than the 120gb Classic but more expensive than the 16gb Nano.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
It seems like iPod Touch is going to be for 229$ i.e. around Rs.10,500 in India. :D

Its gonna be mine now.

1235Sam

Sameer
old 8 gb ipod touch:$299(US price)
in india:16k in stores(apple,planet m etc)
if puchase online:13k

so new 8gb ipod touch will cost around 12k-13k in retail stores.

i am gonna get one as soon as it arrives in india(i heard in 2,3 weeks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom