Lets post our problems, experiences, etc related to Life in general here!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
IronManForever

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
@ mrintech .. It was to you ;)

@ thewisecrab..
Me poor fellow has a duplicate YEMAHA semi-hollow guitar which is screaming to get retirement.. :(

@KpowerMania
Agreed.Metal is the best genre.
But hold your horses with the "acoustic sux"
As I and gautham said, if you start off with an electric, you'll bite off more than you can chew, and end up giving up. (Most of my friends did so, I know :rolleyes: )
Also, who said you cant make music with an acoustic? :???:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
hmm... Metal is the best genre and you cant play Metal with an acoustuc.
If Metal can be the best genre that may be a debatable question but Metal can't be played without electric guitar that concept is totally wrong.

Do you know wat does an electric guitar do?
1> it amplifies the music
2> variations in sound like distortions etc. r done

and point 1 is main cause.
Get hold of some Santana songs and u'll get to know wat Guitar is?

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Uhh... actually all those Symphonic Metal can be composed with an Acoustic. I dunno about others..

From Wiki :-

Heavy metal (often referred to simply as metal) is a genre of rock music that developed in the late 1960s and early 1970s, largely in England and the United States. With roots in blues-rock and psychedelic rock, the bands that created heavy metal developed a thick, massive sound, characterized by highly amplified distortion, extended guitar solos, emphatic beats, and overall loudness

And AFAIK, you cant have loads of distortion on an Acoustic...

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
a thick, massive sound, characterized by highly amplified distortion, extended guitar solos, emphatic beats, and overall loudness

Agreed.
The bolded text in ur comment consists the characteristics of Metal but IT IS not Metal, its a part of Metal. All songs are composed in acoustic guitar and then the distortions, loudness etc are integrated into it to check which suits more for the tone/soul of the song.

Metallica has sung "St. Anger" and "Nothing else matter" too.

from other thrds I'm updated dat u r goin to learn Guitar, first learn accoustic, its ur BASIC. Like learning A,B,C,D b4 writing "SlipKnot":).
If u r master of Acoustic, u can play anything that is called a guitar:):rolleyes:

OP
IronManForever

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
KPowerMania said:
^lol Acoustic sux get an Electric and play some Metal...
Guitar n00b.. :lol: Most people start off with acoustic ones. :p

KPowerMania said:
hmm... Metal is the best genre and you cant play Metal with an acoustuc.
Metal is a GOOD genre and it CAN be played pretty well on acoustic. :/

Also, who said you cant make music with an acoustic?
I'd say its best if you create music on Acoustic and fill the gaps when you go to electric. :)

rhitwick said:
Do you know wat does an electric guitar do?
1> it amplifies the music
2> variations in sound like distortions etc. r done

and point 1 is main cause.
Get hold of some Santana songs and u'll get to know wat Guitar is?
Electric guitar is for converting minute acoustics to electrical signals which can later be amplified; modifies; mixed with effects.. etc.
Completely agree about Santana.

KPowerMania said:
Uhh... actually all those Symphonic Metal can be composed with an Acoustic. I dunno about others..

From Wiki :-

Heavy metal (often referred to simply as metal) is a genre of rock music that developed in the late 1960s and early 1970s, largely in England and the United States. With roots in blues-rock and psychedelic rock, the bands that created heavy metal developed a thick, massive sound, characterized by highly amplified distortion, extended guitar solos, emphatic beats, and overall loudness

This is just so vague. :neutral: Anything can be composed on an acoustic. Actually the demarkation itself is vague. I have an acoustic which I can join to the amps. It s got two pickups; one that was present before; and one I added myself. :)

rhitwick said:
Agreed.
The bolded text in ur comment consists the characteristics of Metal but IT IS not Metal, its a part of Metal. All songs are composed in acoustic guitar and then the distortions, loudness etc are integrated into it to check which suits more for the tone/soul of the song.

Metallica has sung "St. Anger" and "Nothing else matter" too.

from other thrds I'm updated dat u r goin to learn Guitar, first learn accoustic, its ur BASIC. Like learning A,B,C,D b4 writing "SlipKnot".
If u r master of Acoustic, u can play anything that is called a guitar
Agreed again.

About me, I hear almost all kinda songs; not addicted to anything. Heard almost all of Metallica 2 years ago. Am listening to Metallica once again nowadays.
I am currently a rythm guitarist in my circle of friends. Played Metal songs like (during events)...
The Trooper, Fear of the Dark => Iron Maiden
Sad but true, Whiskey in the Jar => Metallica
Trooper, Sad but true in my own guitar.

And about the acoustics; hear Dire Straits, Eagles. You'll know why I like acoustics so much... :)

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
And about the acoustics; hear Dire Straits, Eagles. You'll know why I like acoustics so much... :)

And when a metal-based song is performed using an acoustic guitar, it's almost unbelievable that it can still sound so good! Case in point: Bullet For My Valentine's "Tears Don't Fall" and it's acoustic version. Listen to the original version first, then the acoustic version.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Ok here is a list of songs, perform them on acoustic and upload a video on YouTube :-

Freezing Moon by Mayhem
Demonblood by Bloodthorn
Hellhounds on My Trails by Children of Bodom
In Your Face by Children of Bodom
People=Sh1t by Slipknot
Medusa and Hemlock by Cradle of Filth
Insanity by Disrepute
Forces of Satan Storms by Gorgoroth
Against the Gods by Keep of Kalessin
Moonlight in Chaos Shone by Nightshade
The Sons of the Darkness by Thunderbolt
With Satan and Victorious Weapons by Marduk