Lets discuss our newly bought ATi Radeon HD 4850 here

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultimategpu

AMD & ATI FANBOY
hey i just bought my new hd 4850 from palit , i tried asus brand but its not available so i bought palit i put in to my friends computer i played cysis its ok ,, his proc is dual core old model -- i am getting my new proc tom its /// AMD phenom x4 9550 with asus m3a
motherboard // i think ati can perform good with AMD proc it seems----- tom i ll show my new benchmarks:p:p:p:p

Darthvader

Back From Deathstar
hey arijit how much did u get ur palit card for?
and is it the plain or sonic edition?
I am from Kolkata too and so where did u buy it from?

Well adding a cabinet fan did the trick though I will accept that a bigger cabinet is a good thing.
Idle temps are at 44C and max under load at stock settings 62C.
OC'ed the card for crysis though ironically every other games runs except it ,it just crashes after loading or crashes in game.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I'll be strapping a Accelero S1 Rev.2 to it in a few days along with a 120MM fan. That should probably bring the temps down. The idle temps now are going off the roof for me & so is the load temp. Idle= 75 degrees & load = 105 degrees which is insane. There a lot of dust settled by the looks of it & it just kept adding 10 degrees to the temp each month. So it's time to get rid of the stock cooler.

@Ethan_Hunt:Good thing new cooler because you have a ridiculous load temperature.Dust is really enemy of computer parts, damn things ruins the monitor and inside cabinet components.
On a side note are you going to buy Accelero stuff online or locally(one hell of a hardware store it must be)?
Most people I know would rather buy stuff from local merchants than find it online or at least try.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I ordered it from an online dealer at TE forums (KMD). He is a very respectable dealer out there. Made the payment yesterday & he shipped it the same day & it should reach me by tomorrow. :D

The load temps are insane if you ask me. Each month the idle temps just kept on growing & that default sucky single slot cooler is a complete POS. Hence this shift. Let's hope this is good enough.

The reason I didn't buy it locally is because Arctic cooling products are very rare out here. It has to be ordered from US or other countries. Plus warranty won't be such a big issue for this product as it is not an electronic device. So unless I physically damage it I don't see how it would die. ;)

Ei8t

Journeyman
congo dude.. i was also planning to buy some cooling stuff when i bot the 4850.. but it runs at 50-55 degrees while gaming.. so i think i'll wait for a while..

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Thanks dude. Yeah well investing in an additional cooler felt like a sane choice. Initially even I didn't think I would need it as my idle was 53 degrees & load were around 78 degrees. But that was only till the first month of my card. After that each month it started adding 10 degrees to the idle temps & subsequently to load temps. So I couldn't risk it anymore. The single slot cooler sucks royally.

Gils

Right off the assembly line
I have a problem with my Sapphire HD 4850 1Gb, it is leaving remnants behind when I close some windows or games (All low end games), mostly a black line where the bottom of the window was.
This happened with the original driver and still happens after updating the driver.
I do not know much about video, so please keep it simple.
GilS

@Gils:download gpu-z utility and furmark run (windowed mode)both of them and see your temps.Also you may want to check the site of sapphire for drivers of your card because it is not based on a reference design by ATi AFAIK and may be providing custom driver support of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom