Lets discuss our newly bought ATi Radeon HD 4850 here

Status
Not open for further replies.

imgame2

Padawan
tried crysis warhead with HD4850 ...they said its optimized ...but doesn't look optimised to me ...offers almost same frame rates as before ...but it looks even better ...now ..playing the game at 1280x1024 with enthusiast setting (equivalent of very high settings of crysis ) except for object detail and shader detail ...with no AA and getting average 35 FPS ..with no hickups ..and smooth gameplay .....so far game is more intense than before ....

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
are u sure u are getting this score ...?? thats like world record breaking 3dmark 06 score ...normally people get about 11k with high end machines highest was from another forum member 15k ..and thats max ..cos he had pencil modded the card....

u are getting 4 times more .....post some pics of the score here please !

sorry for the late reply!! :p

Well i have the output of the scores saved in will post it as soon as possible. I don't think its a typo!! Even i was confused when i ran the tests and saw the scores!!! But i will conform!!!

:D:D Finally got my hands on a HD4850:D:D
Playing DMC4 and COD4 again.
BTW it is heating my HDD's to break point,really need to get more cabinet fans.

I got the same HD4850 as the one in the first post(PALIT HD4850).The card is not heating, well it idles at around 54C, but my case doesn't seem to have a good airflow because my HDD have a temp of 45-46C and that too at idle.It used to be 34-36C before i put the gfx card in.

Shloeb

In the zone
I started playing Crysis Warhead today. I get 35 FPS at average on Enthusiast setting at 1024x768. But during some explosions the FPS drops below 20s too. But its not common and happens during large explosions. Is it ok? I am right now defragmenting my hard drive i hope the fall in FPS will be much lower. What about u ppl?

The graphics of this game are much better. The weapon detail of previous game looked like crap. This game shown every bit of detail. May be it could be because of High in previous crysis and Very high in this one.
??

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
I started playing Crysis Warhead today. I get 35 FPS at average on Enthusiast setting at 1024x768. But during some explosions the FPS drops below 20s too. But its not common and happens during large explosions. Is it ok? I am right now defragmenting my hard drive i hope the fall in FPS will be much lower. What about u ppl?

The graphics of this game are much better. The weapon detail of previous game looked like crap. This game shown every bit of detail. May be it could be because of High in previous crysis and Very high in this one.
??
The Crysis Warhead game sucks when it comes to GPU optimizing and believe it or not it sucks on ATI cards like hell, wait for a driver update or a patch released by Crytek, sorry dude but this is how it is now(F*** Crytek).
Look at: *www.techspot.com/article/118-crysis-warhead-performance/

9800GTX+ beating HD4870x2(Also HD4870) in gamer quality:shock::shock:
This issue needs serious attention right now from Crytek and ATI:mad:

arijit_2404

still find time for games
I got the same HD4850 as the one in the first post(PALIT HD4850).The card is not heating, well it idles at around 54C, but my case doesn't seem to have a good airflow because my HDD have a temp of 45-46C and that too at idle.It used to be 34-36C before i put the gfx card in.

May be you need a bigger cabinet. Simply adding more fans will not work. You need space for air to flow.

The Crysis Warhead game sucks when it comes to GPU optimizing and believe it or not it sucks on ATI cards like hell, wait for a driver update or a patch released by Crytek, sorry dude but this is how it is now(F*** Crytek).
Look at: *www.techspot.com/article/118-crysis-warhead-performance/

9800GTX+ beating HD4870x2(Also HD4870) in gamer quality:shock::shock:
This issue needs serious attention right now from Crytek and ATI:mad:

It seems nvidia paid lots of money to crytek. ;)

Last edited:

toofan

Technomancer
according to me here optimization means that this game can be played in pc of low configuration in low settings. It doesn't mean that you can play this game at full glory at your systems. its the brother of Crysis and you all know crysis is not meant to be played at high setting .And so is the case with Warhead.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Surely do agree with you toofan_nainital (uttranchal..am from there..he he )...!

Crytek products are no where optimized...they are customized for nVidia..thats it...! All the forums I have visited..I have seen people complaining..that even ATI 4870 x 2 is not scaling well with Crysis..heck..DDR5 --- 1 GB memory --- 800 x 2 Stream processing units..what else could we want..!

Crytek programmers are damn good (pardon the French)..but are directed towards nVidia...!

@asigh:
Crytek programmers are damn good (pardon the French)..but are directed towards nVidia
Well they are bound to be that way since AFAIK they sponsor games under there "nvidia the way t is meant to be played" program and help devs optimise it for their cards.

Another thing I would like to say that no one except programmers who have seen the source code for the game can say it is unoptimized.They just tried to put in many advanced features that HW of today can't just cope with.

demonkingfromhell

COOKING WITH HUMAN HEADS
I will be the first to post

well...i have bought the new pcb( with cooler) Palit Radeon HD4850 512MB GDDR3.....at about 10.4k all from Tirupati Enterprises Kolkata.

PICS UPDATED:

1.The Pack

*img55.imageshack.us/img55/6836/packuw1.th.jpg

2.Front

*img504.imageshack.us/img504/1778/frontlb2.th.jpg

3.Angled view-from left

*img504.imageshack.us/img504/9255/lftangmn1.th.jpg

4.The back

*img55.imageshack.us/img55/3329/backux9.th.jpg

5.View of the cooler

*img504.imageshack.us/img504/3448/coolerik3.th.jpg

6.Side view-right

*img55.imageshack.us/img55/5540/rightyq4.th.jpg

Heres a few pics from GPUZ v0.2.7

Heres the basic Info screen

*img161.imageshack.us/img161/2104/infohp2.th.gif

See the new bios version? Its the newest 11.07 released on 30th July,2008!
The result? Just scroll to the pic below! :D

Heres the monitor screen after 10mins at idle......

*img161.imageshack.us/img161/8060/idleno4.th.gif

Yesss!!!! The beast idling at 46 degrees centigrade!!!! WOW!!!!! Thats some improvement!!!

Well,the fan speed(RPM) is '1' : Ridiculous as it may seem,its because the fan has only 2 connectors! But have a look at the fan speed(%),6%. Now,thats real silent!

Below is the details of the fan routine:

Temp Fan Speed
(in C)
<60 -6%
60 -14%
65 -22%
70 -31%
75 -40%
80 -48%
85 -59%
90 -71%
98 -100%

Others:

PWM Mode-3
PWM Hysteresis-0
PWM Ramp on-0
PWM Ramp-0
Duty cycle 100%-135
Duty cycle min-5
Spinup cycle-48
Spinup time-2
T_min-15
T_max-105
T_slope-37
T_hysteresis-4

Heres a 3dmark 2006 v1.1(Feb 08 Hotfix applied) run report.....

EDITED
*img529.imageshack.us/img529/8845/3dm485zm6.th.jpg

Thats 9379 3dmarks(forgive my CPU :p) wid HDR/SM3.0 score of 4921 and SM2.0 score of 4237!
Now thats cool!

did u tried to overclock it ,, try then did u ever played crysis with that wat fps are u getting in 1280*1024 (all high settings)can u tell me please thank you????

Watch it. No posting in large type for no reason. - Goobi

Last edited by a moderator:

demonkingfromhell

COOKING WITH HUMAN HEADS
wow!!100 post alredy! :) :)

welcome to the club bro!
ur card's doing fine...jus get playing! :D

hmmmm....few more days to wait!

HI @ MUKHERJEE & ALPHA GEEK

I HAD NEWLY PURCHASED PALIT HD4850 ,, I HAVE CRYSIS NOW I MENTIONED MY SYSTEM SPEC DOWN I HAVE 2 GB OF DDR2 667 .. IN WHAT SETTING I CAN PLAY CRYSIS SMOOTHLY CAN U TELL ME??????

oh cheer up mate ..its not like u can't buy it...u have the money . ....just keep patience and find time and go for a day ...buy the system along with HD4850 ...also make sure u buy the HD4850 manufactured in july/august 2008 ...and u will not face any problems with them ....

time will itself present u ...when its right...to ur system ..

HEY HI .. THEN @ imgame2

WHAT IS SYSTEM SPEC... CAN U TELL ME .. I GOT AMD PHENOM 9550 X4 OC 2.6GHZ
ASUS BOARD & PALIT HD 4850 2 GB DDR2 667 ... BUT I CANT PLAY THE CYSIS @ 1280*1024 IN ALL HIGH SETTINGS ... WHEN I REDUCE THE SHADOW AND DYN LIGHTING ITS GOING GOOD ... IS THAT ANY BUG DO U FIND IN YHIS CAN U TELL ME

Last edited:
I am playing the Crysis demo with all settings high(using the cfg hack) smoothly with an occasional hiccup@1280*1024,but maybe the demo lacks some settings if your full version is not running properly.Anyways the game looks gorgeous.
I have a C2D and Intel mobo,the rest is similar to your spec.

imgame2

Padawan

??

i don't know buddy ..why is this always with u ...either u are expecting too much from the card ...or its not performing on ur system well

i m playing crysis warhead as i said before with no AA,i can play it with enthusiast setting for all except object and shader detail(both set to gamer level) ..and i get about 35 fps ..

also u must understand that in intense scenes ..which means that it requires high graphics processing ..FPS does come down ...so its pretty normal u don't have to worry about this ...remember if u see all the reviews they always include one that is average FPS ..and another one minimum FPS ...

also i checked out about Command and conquer-tiberium wars ..and i don't face any such problem u said in one of ur posts somewhere ...

my spec -E7200,3GB 800 Mhz,palit HD4850 ..all running @ stock

OP
mukherjee

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
^^^^^@demonkingfromhell

well, i tried oc ing from the ccc control panel...it maxed out @ 675core/1038 mem.....no need to overclock tho...its doing fine @ stock....

well abt fps @ crysis,plz go through this thread and find my posts with pics...that shud satiate ur questns!

imgame2

Padawan
^^^^^@demonkingfromhell

well, i tried oc ing from the ccc control panel...it maxed out @ 675core/1038 mem.....no need to overclock tho...its doing fine @ stock....

well abt fps @ crysis,plz go through this thread and find my posts with pics...that shud satiate ur questns!

long time no c ...?? where were u ..did u buy ...spore ..??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom