15.6 inch led 1366x768
2xusb 3.0, vga, esata, hdmi,
wifi , ethernet , bluetooth

price: 49,999/-

Any idea ifthis is yet available in india??? didnt find anywhere....:-(

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
This is available for ~55k AFAIK, i5 version is ~47k. Point to notice here is that GT555M in y570 is just of 96 shader count (core), which is too less than elder variant of GT555M (144 shaders). Plus 128 bit vs 192bit. Rest is history.

RizEon

Broken In
@dashingsujay please elaborate a bit, didnt really get it. I hav placed it in my options with asus k serires models that cost around 40-50k . So any advice is welcome :) as well as any other suggestions in the range 40-50k...
Major purpose: CAD, Matlab, web(almost 24 hour connectivity, thanks college dc++), hdmovies and casual gaming.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
What sujay meant was that, the number 555 is just a marketing gimmick, down beneath it uses a watered down version of the 555M gpu, and hence will not match a true 555M like the one found on a high end ASUS (not the one mentioned above)

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
What sujay meant was that, the number 555 is just a marketing gimmick, down beneath it uses a watered down version of the 555M gpu, and hence will not match a true 555M like the one found on a high end ASUS (not the one mentioned above)

Sorry I forgot to explain the above.

@RizEon

What I meant to say that 555M says just half part of the story (not actually a marketing gimmick, but less informed people fall for it), full story is defined/explained by the inner details of the particular chipset, like shader count, clock, bandwidth, and so on. 144 cores is best for 555M, earlier y570 was reported to have 96 cores + 128 bit memory Vs 144 cores + 192 bit memory of highest model. This makes it "fake" 555M.

But an user has reported that his y570 has got 144 cores version 555m, so may be lenovo has started shipping newer y570s with that.

RizEon

Broken In
@sujay yup i already have that one on mind..
Right now i have 3 options:
Asus k53sx10d
Lenovo y570
CB35- is it available? I mean i cant find it anywhere.
As of now im inclined to asus, but cant find users to know about overall user exper
The asus guy is giving me for 39k. What say?

PS authenticity of this shader count change? Cant find links.
Btw thanx both :) so basically gotta be careful whencomparing in this count

I7, 2gig gt540, 8gb ram -k53sv sx521d
I5, 1gig gt630, 4gb ram - k53sm sx 010d

The two asus models im considering.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Go for the second model if this it the one being provided at 39k.
CB35 has been replaced by CB45 with minor changes. If you want full HD display plus backlit keyboard, latter is the one to go for, else Asus.
About shader count authenticity, you want verification of 92 cores or 144 cores? Both were done by some random users, if I get a link i'll give you.

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
CB35 has been discontinued. It has been replaced with CB45. Its basically the same configuration at the same price.

Though you may find some old stocks of CB35. I saw one at a mall near my house.

RizEon

Broken In
@sujay authenticity of news of change from 96 to 144.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/laptops-netbooks/151540-asus-k53sv-sx521v-sx521d-thread.html
this thread has got me worrying about display in asus.

Also, i read in one the forum threads about 630~540 . So with that, u recommend i5 over i7?
And in any case a NO to lenovo?
@Jripper same specs, same price. Then whats new?
And is it good for handling stuff like premier and 3dsmax?

saswat23

Human Spambot
Yup, me too wondering that. Why i5 and 4GB RAM over i7 and 8GB RAM?
GT-630M is the same as the GT-540M. So IMO the 1st model is better choice.

But is that really available for 39k?

Or did you mean the Lenovo Y570 as the 2nd one? :confused:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
@sujay authenticity of news of change from 96 to 144.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/laptops-netbooks/151540-asus-k53sv-sx521v-sx521d-thread.html
this thread has got me worrying about display in asus.

Also, i read in one the forum threads about 630~540 . So with that, u recommend i5 over i7?
And in any case a NO to lenovo?
@Jripper same specs, same price. Then whats new?
And is it good for handling stuff like premier and 3dsmax?

Display of Asus has been a concern, but just hope for better.
Opt for 630 over 540, being identical though.
If you can afford for i7 then no harm, but don't expect some increment in gaming performance. It will help you in cpu based tasks.

For difference in the two models of vaio, at least have a look at sony's site.

RizEon

Broken In
@saswat the asus i5 model for 39k
I7 one wud be around 45k max i guess from this particular dealer.

@sujat yup affordable, but shud be VFM . Dont wanna end up with a config where one component is limited due to another being low end. Underutilisation is essentially wastage.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
@saswat the asus i5 model for 39k
I7 one wud be around 45k max i guess from this particular dealer.

@sujat yup affordable, but shud be VFM . Dont wanna end up with a config where one component is limited due to another being low end. Underutilisation is essentially wastage.

Totally depends upon your usage.

RizEon

Broken In
Gamimg: Assassin's creed, nfs shift, lan AOE ,...
Major use: adobe premier, photoshop, 3dsmax, internet.

I cant figure out the better side for these jobs: a better cpu or a better gpu? Which is more useful choice?

As for the display, im taking it from offline dealer,so will have the chance to checkfor troubles, so what exactly to look for, for potential trouble?

PS: thanx for prompt replies :)

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
CB45 has a slightly better processor and more hdd space. thats all.

And check for dead pixels,screen flickering issues etc.

RizEon

Broken In
Edit: BIGGEST use- HD Movies :p

@jripper right now not really considering the vaio.
Comparing the two asus that i pointed out.

Also, offtopic: whats better, getting win7 hp preinstalled for 6k more or get a dos machine n licensed disk? What is cheaper/recommended?

rider

as Kratos
Gamimg: Assassin's creed, nfs shift, lan AOE ,...
Major use: adobe premier, photoshop, 3dsmax, internet.

I cant figure out the better side for these jobs: a better cpu or a better gpu? Which is more useful choice?

As for the display, im taking it from offline dealer,so will have the chance to checkfor troubles, so what exactly to look for, for potential trouble?

PS: thanx for prompt replies :)

As far as I see you use latest games and the applications that require much power. you should definitely go with core i7 processor. Vaio is good but having a low performance graphic card, you should not expect gaming performance from it.
And if you expand ur budget little more you should get, hp dv6-6165tx with 1 year damage protection and genuine windows 7 home premium 64bit, these things you will not get in asus. Asus' display is below average, as u said you use photoshop, I would not recommed asus k series laptop.
I'm using it from 5 months and its worthing me every penny, totally satisfied with this laptop. Nowdays price is around 58k

RizEon

Broken In
@rider asus is providing 1 year(+ extendable) cover, and i cn always get a home premium Within the hp budget. Plus ive used hp till now, it heats up :-/ i heard asus boasts of being 'ice cool'... but yeah the display reviews have got me thinking.
Btw gaming is not compulsry. I dont get much time out of college anyways. :(

AND 58k is too much :(

Top Bottom