Lenovo Y570

rider

as Kratos
@rider asus is providing 1 year(+ extendable) cover, and i cn always get a home premium Within the hp budget. Plus ive used hp till now, it heats up :-/ i heard asus boasts of being 'ice cool'... but yeah the display reviews have got me thinking.
Btw gaming is not compulsry. I dont get much time out of college anyways. :(

FYI new hp laptops comes with hp cool sense technology, that is completely mind blowing. I know I also used couple of hp laptops before that get heated up too much but this one remains maximum at 75*C after intense gaming.
Asus is providing just 1 year warranty, companies like hp dell is with complete cover including any kind of hazard or damage of laptop. It like having complete insurance of the laptop.

RizEon

Broken In
58k is out of budget yaar...

Nd past experience makes me feel negative with hp...not a happy customer

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Gamimg: Assassin's creed, nfs shift, lan AOE ,...
Major use: adobe premier, photoshop, 3dsmax, internet.

I cant figure out the better side for these jobs: a better cpu or a better gpu? Which is more useful choice?

As for the display, im taking it from offline dealer,so will have the chance to checkfor troubles, so what exactly to look for, for potential trouble?

PS: thanx for prompt replies :)

For the purpose you mentioned, a good CPU + GPU would help in respective apps, but again chose one on your basis of your priority. You're getting same GPU in Asus in both models irrespective of CPU. Just cross check display, if youre so unlucky later, you can get it replaced.

Edit: BIGGEST use- HD Movies :p

Vaio wins here due to 1080p display.

Also, offtopic: whats better, getting win7 hp preinstalled for 6k more or get a dos machine n licensed disk? What is cheaper/recommended?

Do you get 7 HP in 6k ? Anyways I will chose the one preinstalled OS if you're so cared to go with original stuff, otherwise you're smart enough.

FYI new hp laptops comes with hp cool sense technology, that is completely mind blowing. I know I also used couple of hp laptops before that get heated up too much but this one remains maximum at 75*C after intense gaming.
Asus is providing just 1 year warranty, companies like hp dell is with complete cover including any kind of hazard or damage of laptop. It like having complete insurance of the laptop.

Can you please explain me "technically", what the hell this "HP cool sense" is?

rider

as Kratos
For the purpose you mentioned, a good CPU + GPU would help in respective apps, but again chose one on your basis of your priority. You're getting same GPU in Asus in both models irrespective of CPU. Just cross check display, if youre so unlucky later, you can get it replaced.

Vaio wins here due to 1080p display.

Do you get 7 HP in 6k ? Anyways I will chose the one preinstalled OS if you're so cared to go with original stuff, otherwise you're smart enough.

Can you please explain me "technically", what the hell this "HP cool sense" is?

I think you know, hp cool sense is a software developed by hp to maintain the heating of laptop.

LINK

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I think you know, hp cool sense is a software developed by hp to maintain the temperature of laptop.

LINK

I guess you must be knowing this HP cool sense is not a magic which cools down the lappy. Its like crippling down an athlete to make it run slower than its threshold, obviously he will not be tired (heated) :p
Same applies to every other company.

rider

as Kratos
I guess you must be knowing this HP cool sense is not a magic which cools down the lappy. Its like crippling down an athlete to make it run slower than its threshold, obviously he will not be tired (heated) :p
Same applies to every other company.

I know, I was just giving answer to his quote about hp laptops with heating issues. As his psychology of hp laptop of previous generation is negative. I am just telling that its now changed.
And thanks to HD 6770M and superb core i7, the performance not much affect in crippling down by cool sense :mrgreen:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I know, I was just giving answer to his quote about hp laptops with heating issues. As his psychology of hp laptop of previous generation is negative. I am just telling that its now changed.
And thanks to HD 6770M and superb core i7, the performance not much affect in crippling down by cool sense :mrgreen:

HP's used to heat a LOT, they do so now also, but thing is, the "LOT" thing has came down drastically, but still needs much improvement. I am not a blind opposer/supporter of HP, but feedbacks + some personal experience make me say truth. :)

And about how much cool sense affects performance, I'd really like to see it tested. You can't just guess like this.

rider

as Kratos
HP's used to heat a LOT, they do so now also, but thing is, the "LOT" thing has came down drastically, but still needs much improvement. I am not a blind opposer/supporter of HP, but feedbacks + some personal experience make me say truth. :)

And about how much cool sense affects performance, I'd really like to see it tested. You can't just guess like this.

yea! my previous hp laptop used to turn like a hot pan specially the bottom part where the fan is.
BTW Have you played games on hp dv6 6165tx ?

RizEon

Broken In
About CoolSense Technology - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

Sounds like 'if u want x degrees, u will be barred to y% performance '

And it duznt seem very radical

@sujay actually i wnna go for linux. One year with the college pcs, and im loving it. So i dont want to take the windows cost unless i need it ifi find linux too tough(no games!)
Flipkart.com: Online Store
6300/- thats about the same difference between asus models with n without windows.

Is it like asus display is pathetic? Or that some products come out faulty?

RizEon

Broken In
Yeah, will do that in a week.. exams right now :)
checked out this review of the i3, gt 540 version of the lappy. The guy played blackops pretty jappily on it. So i guess its not gonna b a problem?

Btw do we hav msi in india? Never seen an msi lappy.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Yeah, will do that in a week.. exams right now :)
checked out this review of the i3, gt 540 version of the lappy. The guy played blackops pretty jappily on it. So i guess its not gonna b a problem?

Btw do we hav msi in india? Never seen an msi lappy.

I never trust "bloated" video reviews floating on youtube in thousands especially people showing off FPS'. Apart from it, 540M (even 6630M in Vaio) will be enough for you as you don't seem to be much inclined towards gaming.

We do have MSI in India, but they aren't really a laptop company, so is their penetration in India.

RizEon

Broken In
Yeah gaming isnt on my priority list. The editing softwares are foremost, then the multimedia
Vaio good for all the processing?

RizEon

Broken In
^you got me! :p

In that case, Ill just poke around a bit more and see whats the best i can get...
The price is another issue..54k is too stretched budget ..daddy's money u see :(

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^you got me! :p

In that case, Ill just poke around a bit more and see whats the best i can get...
The price is another issue..54k is too stretched budget ..daddy's money u see :(

You will be able to get around 52k if you try to find it hard, either locally or online (more chances of locally).

rider

as Kratos
About CoolSense Technology - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

Sounds like 'if u want x degrees, u will be barred to y% performance '

And it duznt seem very radical

@sujay actually i wnna go for linux. One year with the college pcs, and im loving it. So i dont want to take the windows cost unless i need it ifi find linux too tough(no games!)
Flipkart.com: Online Store
6300/- thats about the same difference between asus models with n without windows.

Is it like asus display is pathetic? Or that some products come out faulty?

Believe me dude there is not much change in performance and I'm not a salesman, I'm just a well wisher :lol: who is almost satisfied with the product.
I tried games on Dell XPS 15, asus k series, vaio c. I even played on my brother's macbook pro 15 and I found hp is the best among all, total VFM. About 5 months ago the model 6121tx of almost same configuration comes in the price of 53k bucks (that was steal at this price) and I bought 6165tx for 56k.
And I see you are already a hp hater who totally lost trust on them, I recommend you to buy Asus for 40k and also get one 23" IPS LED monitor of AOC for editing stuff. It costs you 11k bucks.

It's a practical analysis you should not say something against it if not tried.
I tried asus k series, dell xps 15, macbook pro, this is why I am saying.
Even almighty macbook pro 15 reaches to 80*C at intense use. :mrgreen:

Last edited:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
It's a practical analysis you should not say something against it if not tried.

I have used 3 dv6 laptops, just that I didn't game on them. One fried (and hp says the mobo is not available in India), one boils, one is still going strong.

Even almighty macbook pro 15 reaches to 80*C at intense use. :mrgreen:

HP doesn't requires that.
And macbook doesn't fries up.

I'm also not a hater or anti-hp company rep.

RizEon

Broken In
^arrey dooods!
@rider the biggest issue is its out of my budget.
@sujay, will try price hunting for cb45, display check for asus, and then compare

Top Bottom