Lenovo Y570

sarthak

In the zone
^^^^ Go for the Sony. Not only does it give FHD display, but there are official ATI drivers for linux also. And the 6630 should be enough for your needs.

rider

as Kratos
I have used 3 dv6 laptops, just that I didn't game on them. One fried (and hp says the mobo is not available in India), one boils, one is still going strong.

HP doesn't requires that.
And macbook doesn't fries up.

I'm also not a hater or anti-hp company rep.

oh! god you why are you telling me about previous generation models, now there is no such kinda problems like boiling, baking etc. Even someone has it will be replaced with a new one.
Like this I have seen many vaio laptops whose screen get pixelated, touch pad stopped working, hdd crashed. And vaio as well all other sony products takes lots of money for repairing it. One of my close friend regret in service.

None in favour of asus?

I'm favour of asus its the best in your budget and complete VFM.

Last edited:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
oh! god you why are you telling me about previous generation models, now there is no such kinda problems like boiling, baking etc. Even someone has it will be replaced with a new one.
Like this I have seen many vaio laptops whose screen get pixelated, touch pad stopped working, hdd crashed. And vaio as well all other sony products takes lots of money for repairing it. One of my close friend regret in service.

I already said:

HP's used to heat a LOT, they do so now also, but thing is, the "LOT" thing has came down drastically, but still needs much improvement. I am not a blind opposer/supporter of HP, but feedbacks + some personal experience make me say truth. :)

I haven't used 2nd gen DV6, but used 2nd gen HP laptops. From LOT, they have shifted to "MUCH/MORE".

RizEon

Broken In
Well, let me make a thread asking any existing asus users about their experience. That + this + a look myself shud make for a sound decision.

The thing is this lappy is gonna be with me for the next 4 yrs, so cant take any risks.

Top Bottom