LCD MONITOR cleaning

urmisona

Right off the assembly line
my first qn in TDF

To all the forum members who are having LCD monitors

how do u keep it clean from spots and scratches?

Anish

Spectre
Cover it when not in use,
avoid keeping the monitor near windows
clean with lcd cleaning cloth and solution to eliminate spots.
and scratches - - - - what do you mean? like appearing on cell phone screens? what in the world do you rub your lcd to get scratches?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Basically keep it covered. And never open any liquid content or keep spill-able liquids near it. I was opening a tube of ELFY near my DELL 24", and it squirted on the screen. Bottom left and middle bottom. Luckily it adhered to transparent, but it can never be removed now.

sukesh1090

Adam young
Use transparent screen guards,but u only need this if you use your lcd badly otherwise getting scratches is very very rare case.
For spots use lens cleaning liquid.

OP
U

urmisona

Right off the assembly line
thanks guys. what actually has happened is my little daughter has spilled some water on it . i have mopped it immediately but dried waterspots are there. and i do not want to use anykind of cloth which can make scratch.

if majority supports that distill+vinegar i will try that.

Anish

Spectre
Donno whether it will work, you better clean with the lcd cleaning solution... it will be available in local computer spare shop. It works like charm. :mrgreen:

ajayritik

Technomancer
Cover it when not in use,
avoid keeping the monitor near windows
clean with lcd cleaning cloth and solution to eliminate spots.

I remember earlier we used to get some covers for the CRT Monitor, Cabinet, Keyboard, printer etc which were made of a material which was like thin cloth. Not sure which material it was. My cousin told me that material will absorb less dust it seems. Can we use these covers to cover the LCD Monitor?

Anish

Spectre
I remember earlier we used to get some covers for the CRT Monitor, Cabinet, Keyboard, printer etc which were made of a material which was like thin cloth. Not sure which material it was. My cousin told me that material will absorb less dust it seems. Can we use these covers to cover the LCD Monitor?

Sure thing friend.. Those things are nice to cover.. Do protect them (I mean dont throw these cover somewhere in dust or in corner of your home.. it will be easily damaged.)

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys just checking on the LCD Tips to keep it neat and clean. Found some useful tips here. Was checking what kind of covers do we get for LCD Screens. As mentioned in my previous post we used to get some dust resistant covers earlier and I used it for my CRT monitor. Will that do? I also see someone here mention about some transparent cover being available for this screen. Is this similar to the ones some people used with their Televisions. Also is there any name for the Solution which is used to clean the Screen. I find some spots now on the screen.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
use colin cleansing spray and a baniyan.

thats all.

if u buy a cloth for lcd's, then buy a proper lint free cloth, dont do kanjoosi.

the yellow clothes, avoid them like plague.
those pos might even leave their yellow stains on surfaces.

and dont use vinegar based cleansers, vinegar is for glass not delicate plastic

finally DONT LET KIDS NEAR PC, especially keyboards, unless you clean it everyday wit some cleansing solution.

i clean kb and mouse every day with colin spray.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
You can also use distilled water with microfiber cloth.I clean my monstermonitor:D this way ;-)

Top Bottom