Lava Xolo X900

mitraark

Decrepit
It's weird how Xolo x900 ads are showing during Euro 2012 without having the brand name LAVA anywhere ....

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
this is the wrong tactics. LAVA should instead focus on some budget mobile that offer better usability. Micromax is going the right thing. giving total VFM android under 10k that would normally cost 15k+ and then they can slowly raise their bar.

we already know how paranoid peoples are. Just cause it has Intel SOC doesn't mean people will pour 20k on that mobile. Though if Samsung sells the same for 35k, it'll sell better than S3.

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Heck.... and I was wondering what happened to that lava phone with intel processor which was about to launch .. so they launched without mentioning LAVA... man its LAVA XOLO X900 , so they know that intel has stronger presence than LAVA..
I mean.. who the heck will buy this one for 22K if they know its from LAVA...

Last edited:

X-jo

Broken In
duh, LAVA is just marketting the phone, its manufactured by Intel.. Stop posting wrong info that its a LAVA crap and all..

basically, if it had an LED notification i would have bought it which is what is stopping me from buying. I own an LG OP1 and i message a lot and am in need of a notification system for my next upgrade..

So if you are fine with the no LED notification, go for it, it beats many in benchmarks and is among the top leagues right below One X/S etc

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/mobiles-t...-first-intel-based-smartphone-how-will-3.html for benchmarks
Lava Xolo X900 review first intel processor android phone - YouTube a review

see this and decide if you want to go ahead with it and not with what others think of a brand name is

mitraark

Decrepit
duh, LAVA is just marketting the phone, its manufactured by Intel.. Stop posting wrong info that its a LAVA crap and all..

basically, if it had an LED notification i would have bought it which is what is stopping me from buying. I own an LG OP1 and i message a lot and am in need of a notification system for my next upgrade..

So if you are fine with the no LED notification, go for it, it beats many in benchmarks and is among the top leagues right below One X/S etc

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/mobiles-t...-first-intel-based-smartphone-how-will-3.html for benchmarks
Lava Xolo X900 review first intel processor android phone - YouTube a review

see this and decide if you want to go ahead with it and not with what others think of a brand name is

Didn't know Lava is just the marketer, not the manufacturer :|

Still , Intel's first phone , no idea about support and quality ... reason enough to hesitate i guess :(

sachin21

Right off the assembly line
it is a good phone..at least this is what various reviews of the phone suggest..some good reviews I could find was...

Lava Xolo X900 - Reviewed by: Vidya - i love this phone...looks super cool...

AnandTech - Lava Xolo X900 Review - The First Intel Medfield Phone

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Lava Xolo aka Orange San Diego review... -- Orange San Diego review: Intel comes to smartphones | The Verge

Wrap-up of the review
The San Diego is a solid Android device that’s worth a lot more than Orange is charging, as least on hardware alone. It’s difficult to find a comparative phone in this price range. The HTC One V comes with Android 4.0 — something that should come to the San Diego at some point — but has a small, low-resolution display and a single-core processor. A better comparison would be the HTC One S, which is by far a more complete package, but also happens to be twice the price in the UK. While If you can deal with the occasional incompatible game, and don’t mind waiting for Android 4.0, the San Diego is a bargain.

Intel has now proven that the Medfield platform can power a smartphone, run Android, and sip power effectively. There’s room for improvement in both performance and battery life, but it does well in most Android metrics that we care about. What it needs next is compelling hardware and a strategy to lure developers into ensuring all their apps are compatible with x86 processors.

Looking down the line, it seems like Intel has a decent shot at making a name for itself in mobile devices. It has an agreement with Google that will ensure future versions of Android are developed for ARM, a partnership with Google-owned Motorola to produce x86 devices over coming years, and a pace of development that few companies can match — just ask AMD. In 2013, Intel will shrink its manufacturing process from 32nm to 22nm and in the process create more powerful, less power-hungry chips. The year after that? 14nm.

While ARM-based chips will undoubtedly continue to advance at a similarly blistering pace, Intel has, with a single-core Atom CPU, almost matched the best ARM has to offer. My only hope is that Android developers don’t leave x86 out: there’s room in the Android world for more than one architecture, and if everyone can play nice, the increased competition will benefit all of us.

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
it's basically the intel reference phone, LAVA is selling it without making any changes at all, not even adding their logo

gforz

Maximum GAME
Uh oh! Lava XOLO X900 has Intel inside but no battery connectors!

Can anyone confirm this..

*st1.bgr.in/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/xolo-battery-connector.jpg

check the Source

Top Bottom