Latest Hardware Prices & Quotes..!!

nads

Broken In
Guys Bow down to the new king of graphic cards ATI 5970...... ATI has done it.... its beaten Nvidia off the throne as the world fatest graphic cards (till the time we see 300 series GPU from nvidia)

*www.tomshardware.co.uk/radeon-hd-5970,review-31732.html

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
looking at the charts, i do feel that fermi will definitely take the crown from HD5970. though it beat gtx295, the margin is very low. but i do feel happy that for now ati has the crown.

Last edited:

nads

Broken In
yes its an acheivement for ATI to take the crown even if it is till the release of the new gt300 series...... never been a big fan of AMD/ATI but their processors and GPU offer the best bang for the buck as of date..... n yes fermi will be much better than the cypress no doubt..... do u knw when have they planned the release?????

who needs the costliest of stuff or the fastest cpu or GPU.... the main money is in the mid section.... where poor chap like me try to get the best combo of diffrent components..... i wish i had the ATI 5970.... 5-6 months down the lane i will be wishing for another card which has beaten the 5970.... so the cycle goes on.....

NB: @ desiibond i have started feeling my AMD Phenom X2 550BE OC@3.8 is crawling(which u recommended) .... n i neeed a much better mobo than 780G(which u recommended)..... n i need a faster graphics card than a gt260.216(which u recommended).........n n n n n n n :razz::razz::razz:

:oops:kidding man :oops:

Krow

Crowman
I am on HD3300 onboard graphics. Can any of you folks tell me where I stand? "Do I even stand?" would be a better question actually. :cry:

tkin

Back to school!!
^^

Ditto man...even my card is way down the ranks now. :(
You being serious or modest??
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
I am on HD3300 onboard graphics. Can any of you folks tell me where I stand? "Do I even stand?" would be a better question actually. :cry:
You want the truth or the answer that makes you happy?

Last edited:

ak24

Broken In
I was just going to purchase a new pc yesterday ....
MB : M4A785TD-V EVO

I was going for AMD Athlon II X4 630 but the dealer said it was a mainstream processor and cannot run high end games. He said that if i was looking for a gaming pc i should consider buying Phenom X4 810, which by the way is @least Rs 3000 more.

The other option he gave me was to not to go for AMD but Intel, he said Q8400 or Q9400 is much better. Now with so many options i am confused as which one i should go for....

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz

I was going for AMD Athlon II X4 630 but the dealer said it was a mainstream processor and cannot run high end games. He said that if i was looking for a gaming pc i should consider buying Phenom X4 810, which by the way is @least Rs 3000 more.

The other option he gave me was to not to go for AMD but Intel, he said Q8400 or Q9400 is much better. Now with so many options i am confused as which one i should go for....

Must say your your dealer is regular Pied Piper of Hamlin and you are the mouse. Don't go for his words. No to Intel. At least get i5 if you are going for Intel (that's 10k flat). X4 620 is a very good processor. Don't worry, to run high end games you need a good GPU, a good processor is not a mandate.
Posted again:
^^Also would like to add that get Biostar TA790GXBE mobo rather than what your getting. Or Biostar TA785GE.

Last edited:

nads

Broken In
Must say your your dealer is regular Pied Piper of Hamlin and you are the mouse. Don't go for his words. No to Intel. At least get i5 if you are going for Intel (that's 10k flat). X4 620 is a very good processor. Don't worry, to run high end games you need a good GPU, a good processor is not a mandate.
Posted again:
^^Also would like to add that get Biostar TA790GXBE mobo rather than what your getting. Or Biostar TA785GE.

completely agree with u @hell_storm2006....... The dealer is trying to make a fool of u no doubt the options he has given u is gud but its very expensive n if u r going to spend that much money then i better go for the core i5...... its future proof n it performs much better than the C2D..... AMD Athlon X4 620 is a very gud processor as said by hell_storm2006 u can check out the reviews from various sites n u will see how gud it is.... n at the price which u r getting 4 cores of proceesing power is just unbeatable.......

Krow

Crowman

Tell the dealer to take his "experience" to hell. Load of BS that is about Mainstream processor unable to run games. In fact, being a quad core, it is future proof in terms of gaming. Here's a good config for you.

AMD Athlon II X4 620 @ 5.5k
Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-UD2H @ 5.5k
Kingston 2x2GB DDR3 1333MHz @ 4.6k
500GB WD Blue @ 2.5k
Palit GTS250 512MB @ 7.1k or 4850 1GB @ 7k.
Samsung 2233SW @ 8.5-9k.
CM Elite 335 @ 2.1k
CM Real Power Pro 460W @ 3.5k (Don't buy CM Extreme, but REAL.)
LG/Samsung DVD-RW @ 1k
Logitech Keyboard+mouse combo @ 0.7k

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Are you looking for buying a old/used 500GB sata HDD. Then ask/look for the same in Bazar section of this forum.

If you are looking for a new one then Get Seagate 7200.12 series Sata 2 500GB Hdd which will cost you Rs. 2.4K :p

nads

Broken In
hello guys m bac for pc shopping again..... this time for my new office setup.... here r my reqs... the comp will be used mostly for office works (microsoft office n internet browsing)... n nothing more..... the cabbie should be compact n shouldnt get heated a lot (cause it will be running the whole day).... n lastly it should run win 7 comfortably (will be disabling aero).... will be requirning keyboard n mouse (gud quality ones typing will be a lot)..... n an LCD ( i dunno which one is gud 15 or 17" u guys tell me)..... mobo should have IGP.... n micro atx....

i would like to stress that i need at the best possible lowest price.... i dunno but have never shopped for low end processor n mobo so have no idea about them..... pls guys help me out.....

Thx

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Always better to go for branded desktop in case of office setup as the service and warranty will be much better. check acer and dell value and compact desktops

nads

Broken In
no desibond m interested in assembled ones only.... pls if u could suggest some would appreciate it :smile:

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman
m interested in assembled ones only.... pls if u could suggest some would appreciate it :smile:
AMD Athlon II X2 240 @ 3k
MSI 785GM-E51 @ 4.6k
Kingston 2GB DDR3 1333MHz @ 2.3k
500GB WD Blue @ 2.5k
Samsung 2033SW @ 7k or Dell E1909W @ 6.5k
CM Elite 335 @ 2.1k
Gigabyte 460W @ 2.2k
LG/Samsung DVD-RW @ 1k
Logitech Keyboard+mouse combo @ 0.7k
Altec Lansing BXR1121 @ 1.1k

Total 26.5k. This rig is overkill for your requirement, but it is the one that will last you longest. How much is your budget? Cabinet I have suggested is mid tower, how compact one do you want?

nads

Broken In
lol @krow........ man thats not even in a leageu of overkill..... its not for LAN Gaming i need specs in the range of a netbook.... not exactly intel atom but a lil better than that.... ok folks i will make things a bit more clearer....

cpu----- dont need a dual core the cheapest will do mebbe a sempron or a celeron (u guys have the say)
mobo---- should have IGP atleast 2 slots for RAM n LAN is a must.... must have 4 usb ports + headers n should be micro atx form
LCD----- i think 15" is sufficient sooo the cheapest one will do (but build quality should be gud)

-----no optical drive is required
----- mouse n keyboard combo
----- HDD cheapest WD or Seagate not less than 120GB n sata2
-----cabbie should be as small as possible with front usb ports...... hmmmm size should be small but the cooling of the components should not be compromised

any other details pls let me know..... n the last part try to bring the whole goddamn thing upto 10K

Top Bottom