Laptop shuts down after heat up

jatt

In the zone
Dear friends,

I have Compaq Presario laptop. Here is problem that it heats up very soon after turn on and sometimes gets off without any command. Here is no case of virus like activity I think it’s the case of hardware but please help me here and tell me what I need to do exactly with this laptop to repair it.

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
take it to service centre(more so if it is in warranty). Thats the only thing you can do here.

Monk

Journeyman
Sounds like a faulty fan. Do you hear fan activity while you using the laptop?
If the fan is working, use a software to check the temperature of the cpu,

pratyush997

Inactive
Just get Your Laptop's Heatsink Replaces ASAP!!
Or else GPU may be effected!
HP laptops has these Oveheating issue ..I too Have a HP laptop--A dead One!..It had also Overheating Issue and Certainly Resulted in GPU problem!(Solder units in GPU melted!)
So Get ur Haetsink Replace and Use a Good Thermal Paste while Re-assembling ur Laptop!

OP
jatt

jatt

In the zone
Sounds like a faulty fan. Do you hear fan activity while you using the laptop?
If the fan is working, use a software to check the temperature of the cpu,

thanks for reply all of you,fan is working fine,but as you all frnds suggested i will try to replace heat sink,and will post results ASAP.

thanks a lot again.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
thanks for reply all of you,fan is working fine,but as you all frnds suggested i will try to replace heat sink,and will post results ASAP.

thanks a lot again.

Thea heatsink need not be replaced, rather its something not done in laptops. Rather reapplying of thermal paste and proper cleaning of dust will make things easier.

Top Bottom