laptop recovery issues

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
i got a hp pavilion g6 2005 ax. it came with windows 7, i upgraded to win 8, then 8.1. i had created windows 7 recovery disks, and windows 8 usb.

now recently i dropped it and its showing this error -
*i.imgur.com/tQnCBBO.jpg

i insert windows 8 usb and get this error -
*i.imgur.com/fHzEFVx.jpg

i use windows 7 recovery then this error -
*i.imgur.com/gYjvcpX.jpg
*i.imgur.com/lUgNrGx.jpg

is the hdd dead?
can i connect it to pc to backup some data?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
well if you dropped it then dead hdd is a likely result.try some linux live boot usb or hiren boot usb drive & if it too fails to show hdd then most likely it is dead.recovery depends on extent of damage & that will be known only after taking out the hdd & examine it.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
If you had made a recovery disk then use it or else you need to make a clean instal of the OS and keep all your drivers with you.
In case there is a backup of your drivers in your laptop then start it up in safe mode and make a copy with your pendrive and then re-install the OS and when it asks for drivers. Voila.OK.

If it is a hardware failure then if its under warranty then RMA the HDD or else buy a new one.

[h=1]Creating Recovery Discs or Saving a Recovery Image to a USB Flash Drive (Windows 7)[/h]Link: *h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&dlc=en&docname=c01867124&lc=en

Last edited:
OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
ok so i put the hdd in desktop and it started running. (as secondary)
then i put it back in laptop and its working now.

but i cant see any of windows 8.1 startup apps. blank screen with start on top left, user on top right.
i have set win 8.1 to boot to desktop directly which it does and i can see my data. but i press start button, no apps are shown.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
ok so i put the hdd in desktop and it started running. (as secondary)
now i put it back in laptop and its working now.

but i cant see any of windows 8 startup apps. blank screen with start on top left, user on top right.

Good at least its working now know. Do a Recovery and you will get all your apps back to the most recent restore point.OK.

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
btw, this drop happened 3 weeks ago. then i had tested it in friends laptop, then back in mine and it started working. worked fine for 2 weeks. then it gave that same error, i didn't have much time then because of exams. now today i repeated that process with pc and its started working again. so, what u guys think? this needs to be replaced?

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
here u go -
Capture.PNG

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
the screenshot is missing lower values but from whatever i can see it looks fine though recalibration retries & G-sense error rate values indicate the drop.post screenshot showing all values next time by resizing the crystaldiskinfo window.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
missed it somehow.everything looks ok.for future reference keep an eye on reallocated sectors count,reallocation event count,current pending sector count & uncorrectable sector count values.these should not increase(in very rare cases it may happen once but never continuously).

Top Bottom