Laptop problem

arijit_ad

Broken In
i have a acer 5745..when ever i boot it tells that checking file system on c:.while checking it hangs and doesnt go to windows.n sometimes shows that segment 265865 is unreadable.if i skip it then it goes in windows 7.i tired to format it win 7 disk many times.but after formating the laptop works fine for 1st few times.then it becomes very slow.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
obviously this prob is related with bad sectors.

Send it for RMA if the laptop is still under warranty but if not open up your laptop and find out the manufacturer of the HDD inside - download disk checking/scanning tool from the HDd manufacturers website and try fixing the HDD.

OP
A

arijit_ad

Broken In
i went to service center and they tld that its software problem and they wont repair it...in service center they are telling me to prove that its having bad sectors..what to do nw?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Check using this.

If you get any errors take a print out and go to the RMA station. Also keep HD Tune installed on the desktop, so you can run it there.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ that's a great idea - by using that app he can find the model and manufacturer of the HDD and if bad sectors are low in numbers he can try fixing those by downloading appropriate softwares from HDd manufactures website.

OP
A

arijit_ad

Broken In
thanks every1..

it came up with a new problem..its not entering into win 7..n when i tried to format it its showing No drives were found.click load driver to provide a mass storage driver for installation.so i cnt install that software.what next?

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Send it for RMA and tell those guys to install win7 in front of you ( don't forget to take the win 7 OS install DVD with you ).

d3p

PowerHouse
Don't take a pirated copy of win 7 to acer service centre in order to install. They just need a reason to escape from their work.

Top Bottom