Laptop for 1 lakh

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)

1 lakh

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

15 and above. Prefer 17 though

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: Alienware (dell)
b. Dislike: Acer

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?

Lots of photoshop, designing and gaming

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?

Higher is better

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)

Can buy from India or US(if covered under warranty.) Should be durable and last for 3 years

ratul

█████████████████
or take a look at following list:
TopTen Gaming Laptops 2012

tkin

Back to school!!
Sony VAIO S Series SVS13A15GN Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Sony Notebook

Dell Alienware M14x i7-2630QM processor

ratul

█████████████████
^That Inspiron looks very cool. Just a query, if I buy Alienware from US, will I get warranty cover in India?

i think no.
Even if dell provides global/international warranty, it means that someone must purchase in US, and if he shifts in india, he can port his warranty too..
If you just buy it from US and make it ship here, no warranty will be entertained..

And i too think inspiron 17R SE would be ideal for you, designing on a 3D screen would be mindblowing..

Last edited:

pratyush997

Inactive
This thing is pretty awesome
Amazon.com: ASUS G75VW-AS71 17.3-Inch Laptop (Black): Computers & Accessories

*www.amazon.com/Samsung-Series-NP700G7C-S01US-17-3-Inch-Laptop/dp/B006MX0WHU/ref=pd_cp_pc_0

*computers.toptenreviews.com/gaming-laptops/asustek-computer-inc/asus-g74sx-review.html

pratyush997

Inactive
ASUS G75VW-AS71 17.3-Inch Laptop (Black) ---GTX 660m,16 GB RAM,fhd,17.3"er Best buy!!!!Super VFM @1400$(77k INR) if u can get from USA..

Also have a look at this sammy series 7 lappy gaming lappy
*www.amazon.com/Samsung-Series-NP700G7C-S01US-17-3-Inch-Laptop/dp/B006MX0WHU/ref=pd_cp_pc_0

tkin

Back to school!!
This is a fast laptop: Samsung NP550P5C-S02IN Series 5 NP550P5C-S02IN Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Samsung Notebook

Buy locally.

ratul

█████████████████
This is a fast laptop: Samsung NP550P5C-S02IN Series 5 NP550P5C-S02IN Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Samsung Notebook

Buy locally.

haha.. :rofl:
dude, his budget is 1lac, and here in TDF many users have this lap, it's VFM, but not for OP, so please recommend something acc to OP's needs, not anything.. :p

tkin

Back to school!!
haha.. :rofl:
dude, his budget is 1lac, and here in TDF many users have this lap, it's VFM, but not for OP, so please recommend something acc to OP's needs, not anything.. :p
I know, but come on, its has a extremely fast CPU, a really fast GPU, 8GB RAM, what's not to like? I am thinking to buy this when I move out, for gaming, a one lakh lappy won't be much faster than that(maybe a 660m, a ssd etc).

ratul

█████████████████
I know, but come on, its has a extremely fast CPU, a really fast GPU, 8GB RAM, what's not to like? I am thinking to buy this when I move out, for gaming, a one lakh lappy won't be much faster than that(maybe a 660m, a ssd etc).

that's true, but if you see, OP has main needs for photoshop, designing etc.
So a FHD with 17.3" would be ideal.
Then, this samsung has a matte screen, though non-reflective, but gives washed out colors compared to non-matte screens, which is definitely not recommended for graphics work, unless you mostly work in well-lit areas (outdoors, highly lighted rooms, where matte could have an advantage.)
And about the performance, you're right that a 1lac lappy won't have that high performance than this samsung, but considering the above things, this samsung is not recommended to OP..

pratyush997

Inactive
@OP simply get ASUS G75VW-AS71 17.3-Inch Laptop (Black) ---GTX 660m,16 GB RAM,fhd,17.3"er Best buy!!!!Super VFM @1400$(77k INR)
or
this Sammy
@ Tkin I own That sammy lappy!! But as OP has good budget Y we dont advice him the best under that!!

PS- Both OF the company Provide International Warranty .....Asus Provides for 2 years ...Grab it and FTW!

ratul

█████████████████
@OP simply get ASUS G75VW-AS71 17.3-Inch Laptop (Black) ---GTX 660m,16 GB RAM,fhd,17.3"er Best buy!!!!Super VFM @1400$(77k INR)
or
this Sammy
@ Tkin I own That sammy lappy!! But as OP has good budget Y we dont advice him the best under that!!

PS- Both OF the company Provide International Warranty .....Asus Provides for 2 years ...Grab it and FTW!

does'nt international warranty means what i stated above???
i am not sure, but i read it somewhere.. :p

SlayerAndy

Broken In
^That Inspiron looks very cool. Just a query, if I buy Alienware from US, will I get warranty cover in India?

Yes you get. Just got Inspiron 17R SE from US. My friend carried it here to India. It took just 1 day to get the warranty transferred to India. 345 days of my warranty are remaining I suppose.

Check this out.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/laptops-netbooks/161504-dell-inspiron-17r-se.html

You can use this to get the warranty transferred.
*www.dell.com/support/retail/us/en/19/ownershiptransfer/IdentifySystem

Bro? There are other laptops at that budget, way better than Samsung. If you didn't know, Samsung has a 2GB DDR3 Graphics, while Dell 17 has GDDR5 2GB. Where Dell gets an edge. Plus, 32GB SSD for bootup, plus FHD, plus 3D with 2 glasses, plus backlit keyboard.
What more do you expect?
You don't get these things again and again. Well, if you have a 100k budget and utilize just 60k of it, only to feel that, you shouldn't have cut off the budget when you could have got something better. Then well, it's no use.
But, if I were you, I would have got 1 laptop for about 60k, used it for a couple of years. Then would have got a new one of about 60k. So, you wouldn't have to use the same old config again and again.

Last edited:

rider

as Kratos

Yes, you can transfer your address and talk to dell representatives about this, one of the user bought Inspiron 17R 3D recently from US and he gets warranty in India.
For your budget like this I recommend you to get an Apple MacBook Pro 15 MD103HN/A with student discount of 7-8%.
Specs: Intel quad-core i7 2.3GHz/4GB/500GB/Intel HD 4000/GeForce GT 650M 512MB/SD
Price: $1,745 in US or 1.1lac with student discount in India
And for better gaming graphics laptop from US get an IdeaPad Y580 20994HU
Specs: Intel quad-core-i7 2.3Ghz/8GB/1TB/Intel HD 4000/GeForce GTX 660M 2GB/1080p
Price: $1,549 ($1099 with special weekly discount) Not Available in India yet.

Last edited:
Top Bottom