Laptop compatible with Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Guys here is one little question.

I want a laptop without any OS installed (or if any then it may be Ubuntu).

Other features that I'm looking for are:
C2D processor
2GB RAM
160GB+ HDD
Decent graphics core
Atleast 4 USB ports
Wi-fi
Good battery life
Good after sale service

How is EEE PC ?

Thanks

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Dell has some models (Vostro series I suppose) which come bundled with a FreeDOS. I can't find that newspaper advertisement right now, but a quick enquiry call to Dell should get you some information.

Whats the screen size you're looking for?

Rahim

Married!
It is advertised on 31st October of TOI. Below are the details:
Model : DELL Vostro 200 Mini Tower Desktop.
E-Value Code: R221004IN8
E7200 Core 2 FDuo
FreeDOS
17" Dell WFP Monitor
1 GB DDR@ SDRAM @ 667MHZ
160 GB SATA HDD; 16x DVD Combo Drive
1-Year Next Business Day On-Site warranty
Price- Rs 26900 onwards

TALK ABOUT LOOSING MY MIND. ITS NOT A ALAPTOP!!

Last edited:

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
T159 said:
How is EEE PC ?
Ive never seen an EEEPC with C2D.. Neither do they have a GOOD graphics core. :p

I would recommend Dell. Inspirion 1525 or some Studio 15 may appeal you.
BTW Please mention your budget; things can get easier.

ADDED: Oh, as you do not need an OS; you may check out Acer. Lenovo also has some non-OS products. But the thing with non-OS ones is that you'r most likely to end up with low-ends. :neutral:

Last edited:

mediator

Technomancer
Yep, 1525 would be good. You may look here. Neways, I think Dell lappies are quite compatible with linuxes!

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
yup I have seen 1525 but then its over 40k in dell india store and comes with windows VISTA. Should I get it from US then ? What about warranty ?

Aren't there other choices available.

mediator

Technomancer
Try from Malayasia and also, you might need to call them to know the 'actual price'. Ask them if VISTA could be removed and price could be lowered.

IronManForever

T159 said:
yup I have seen 1525 but then its over 40k in dell india store and comes with windows VISTA. Should I get it from US then ? What about warranty ?
Well, you could get it from USA as it is pretty cheap there.. BUt dunno about warranty. If you have someone s US; you can ask the person to buy, unpack and test it. If something goes wrong; he/she can return it then and there...

Also, do check out whether you can use the warranty here or not. Acer allows it. OR you maybe able to buy international warranty for minimal cost which AFAIK is not provided by Dell by Default.

Just take care if it turns out to be actually more expensive with international-warranty included. :neutral:

IronManForever

^ He can afford much more. Hence I would not recommend that. And the hardware sould be underpowered for him I guess.

But hey, T159. I once saw an Acer 4520 with 8400 dedicated card. You can have 2GB RAM, AMD Turion Dual core with it.. If that appeals to you, that is. :neutral:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom