Language learners' discussion thread !! :D

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
Hello All..seems ppl already lost interest in this thread..

@krishnandu..kuch urdu seekhi kya ?

@d3p..Pls give some pointers how to learn german..Ich liebe Rammstein.. !

Also a question why some words has die, other has "das" as a prefix while some has "der" ? like die coo, das Modell, der Meister

d3p

PowerHouse
Hello All..seems ppl already lost interest in this thread..

@d3p..Pls give some pointers how to learn german..Ich liebe Rammstein.. !

Also a question why some words has die, other has "das" as a prefix while some has "der" ? like die coo, das Modell, der Meister

Erst und am meisten erst(führendst), leer Ihre existierende Schüssel. Essen Sie, wieviel Sie, nicht gegründet auf der Teller-Größe verdauen können.

Kine Problem. Lernen Deutsch ist recht einfach.

Wenn Sie einen carreer daraus machen wollten, dann TOEFEL oder Max Mueller nach Absolvieren irgendein mit Englisch als Ehren verbinden. Sein(ihr) einfach, dadurch zu lernen.

Wenn gerade gewollt, zu lernen, um Schütteln zu lernen, dann werden wenige gute Seiten(Lagen) wie Ihnen unten helfen.

"German Course for Beginners"

Aber hauptsächlich ist Deutsche / deutsch mehr einer Kommunikativen Sprache außer Lesen und Schreiben. Je mehr reden Sie oder Gebrauch an Ihrem Tag heute Tätigkeiten, desto mehr Genauigkeit, die Sie vollbringen(erreichen).

Translation of the above can be found inside the spoiler.

First & foremost, empty your existing bowl. Eat how much you can digest, not based on the plate size.

No Problem. Learning Deutsch is pretty easy.

If you wanted to make a carreer out of it, then join TOEFEL or Max Mueller after graduations with English as Honors. Its easy to learn through it.

If just wanted to learn for learning shake, then few good sites like below will help you.

But mainly, german / deutsch is more of a Communicative language other than reading & writing. The more you talk or use in your day today activities, the more accuracy you achieve.

Chetan1991

Youngling
Just found this awesome thread! Great work guys, keep it up!

As for me, I can speak:
Hindi
English (+ few accents (Scottish's the funniest))

Can understand:
Punjabi
Haryanvi
Pahari (few dialects)
Japanese (a lil bit)

Interested in learning:
Japanese
Spanish
Nepali
Then maybe some more...

Been focusing on English for past few years, but still fail to recall words when I really need em, perhaps maybe just my bad memory. If anyone can help me with this (having a good vocabulary but still unable to recall appropriate words) I will be really thankful.

Sometime in sporadic fits of enthusiasm try to learn Japanese but haven't been able to give it constant dedication that's required.

OP
icebags

icebags

Technomancer
if u wanna learn english, this will probably be ur ultimate guide. :p
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/chit-chat/84916-must-watch-movies-recommended-digitians.html
grab the remote control of a movie channel and follow the dialogues with subs.

i gathered more confidence in english by watching movies & chatting online, than i could from english classes in school. u still need the basics though.

Chetan1991

Youngling
I just have the problem of being unable to use/recall the most appropriate word in sentence. In Hindi vague words like "chala", "kiya" can substitute a lot of specific words. That's not the case with English.

OP
icebags

icebags

Technomancer
I just have the problem of being unable to use/recall the most appropriate word in sentence. In Hindi vague words like "chala", "kiya" can substitute a lot of specific words. That's not the case with English.

hmmmm, u need practice. if u cant find a partner to talk with, try some speeches, standing in front of a mirror. or may be, just start thinking in english ?

Chetan1991

Youngling
hmmmm, u need practice. if u cant find a partner to talk with, try some speeches, standing in front of a mirror. or may be, just start thinking in english ?
English is my lingua franca (in the head). I watch American shows, movies n cartoons (no dubs/subs). Unfortunately people in my social circle don't have good enough English so there's no one to practice with. I can "think" in English well but my problem aggravates when writing or speaking.

OP
icebags

icebags

Technomancer
that seems to be a very difficult situation, but u just need practice. start chatting in english if u have time. :p

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Posting after reading the very first post and few posts in the last page. How many of you guys still pursuing?
I have started to learn a language many a times and it doesn't last for even 2 weeks. Now I am trying to learn to speak Hindi, but couldn't find a language partner.
# basinc grammar is not as vast and too is kinda repeating.
Really!!! Come on. It is vast for me. I thought I can straightly go on and learn to speak a language and later felt a need of basic grammar. But, god!!! in Hindi nouns has gender, adj. has gender. As if this is not enough, there is direct case, oblique case and many more. Just looking at the index makes me dizzy. Some of these are applicable to my mother tongue as well, but that's different. It came natural for me like it supposed to be for everyone.
I don't know if anyone will be interested. But still...
I can help with Tamil as long as you guys don't ask me about complex grammar.
And I could use some help with Hindi/English.

If anyone is interested or offering help, pm or comment.

OP
icebags

icebags

Technomancer
Really!!! Come on. It is vast for me. I thought I can straightly go on and learn to speak a language and later felt a need of basic grammar. But, god!!! in Hindi nouns has gender, adj. has gender. As if this is not enough, there is direct case, oblique case and many more. Just looking at the index makes me dizzy. Some of these are applicable to my mother tongue as well, but that's different. It came natural for me like it supposed to be for everyone.

^that is the mistake people do, by learning too much grammar in the beginning. u should start learning like the way a child learns - hear and repeat.

listen to some kishore kumar songs, memorize them by reading in roman alongside, when u can sing them all by urself, look for meaning and then u'll automatically be exploring grammars.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^that is the mistake people do, by learning too much grammar in the beginning. u should start learning like the way a child learns - hear and repeat.
listen to some kishore kumar songs, memorize them by reading in roman alongside, when u can sing them all by urself, look for meaning and then u'll automatically be exploring grammars.
Me too thought of skipping grammar and try something like pimsleur style learning. But seems like I need some basic to understand or else I get so many doubts. So picked up this grammar book.

Yeah, I listen to some hindi songs I know of and sing along. Tried to find subtitle for hindi films to try shadowing, but couldn't find. Thought script would help, rhitwick suggested a site where I can get scripts but again the script dialogues are not exactly the same. Now trying with popular quotes of movies and try to find that particular scene in youtube and try shadowing. But collecting this data is taking time and couldn't do it after couple of videos.

OP
icebags

icebags

Technomancer
Me too thought of skipping grammar and try something like pimsleur style learning. But seems like I need some basic to understand or else I get so many doubts. So picked up this grammar book.

Yeah, I listen to some hindi songs I know of and sing along. Tried to find subtitle for hindi films to try shadowing, but couldn't find. Thought script would help, rhitwick suggested a site where I can get scripts but again the script dialogues are not exactly the same. Now trying with popular quotes of movies and try to find that particular scene in youtube and try shadowing. But collecting this data is taking time and couldn't do it after couple of videos.

that is the plan, u memorize, then u see the translation and try to make the connection. u will automatically feel the need to know the basic grammar from inside, and it will drive u through hardships.

meanwhile u'r vocabs will automatically keep building up as u keep listening, reading lyrics, and memorizing.

u can use links like these to check lyrics and translations, many songs inside:
Heera Ki Tamanna Hai Lyrics Translation (Heera Panna)

nac

Aspiring Novelist
u can use links like these to check lyrics and translations, many songs inside:
Heera Ki Tamanna Hai Lyrics Translation (Heera Panna)
Thanks for the link.
I checked the link and googled for the song which led me to old hindi songs. Listened some, it's nice.
BTW, I prefer nagiri than a transliterated one.

Top Bottom