Korea to Get 1Gbps Downloading by 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

soumya

In the zone
*cache.gawker.com/assets/images/gizmodo/2009/02/internet_korea.jpg

While we're all celebrating Charter's 60Mbps broadband access here in the US, the Korea Communications Commission is spending $24 billion to secure 1Gbps access by 2012.

1Gbps allows you to download a 120-minute film in 12 seconds.

There's one small catch to the commission's plan, which is that only large cities in Korea will have access to the top tier broadband. But surrounding smaller areas will still have access to 50 to 100 Mbps speeds...or about 10 to 20 times the speed of what I get in my DSL-only apartment building.

In the words of Matt Buchanan, "That and bibimbap? Man I hate Korea."

Source

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Sometimes I feel sorry for myself because I am born in India. These people are so ahead and here in India we have ISP who cheat on even 64 kbps plans!

Are we just supposed to see how the world progresses and applaud it? or is our Govt. even working on such issues? Our Govt. is more busy with their defending pub-attacks and anti-valentine day activities.

I know we have a great "Indian culture", but sometimes I ask my self "Do we have anything more than our Indian culture?"

I am sick of it man!

R2K

In the Zone
Sometimes I feel sorry for myself because I am born in India. These people are so ahead and here in India we have ISP who cheat on even 64 kbps plans!

Are we just supposed to see how the world progresses and applaud it? or is our Govt. even working on such issues? Our Govt. is more busy with their defending pub-attacks and anti-valentine day activities.

I know we have a great "Indian culture", but sometimes I ask my self "Do we have anything more than our Indian culture?"

I am sick of it man!

exactly.............

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Our country is fckued up beyond recognition :/ But I still love it :)

hellgate

At Hell's Disq

I am sick of it man!

i feel the same way man.:(
i dont think India will ever see such speeds.if the Govt takes such a long time just to finalise the sale of 3G spectrum then theres is no doubt that they will think of giving 100mbps bb a few thousand years down the line.:(

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
^^Dont think this way, we can surely see this speed but that time we will too old to enjoy.:-(

yug yug jiyo indian govt.

Power UP

In the zone

I am sick of it man!
+1
This diverse "Indian culture" plus the usual list is one of the reasons we are divided so much :-|

Ecstasy

a.k.a VipER
2 Mbps- 500 UL a month? Wow i don't see that in the near future for sure. I toh don't have any hopes regarding high speed net in India.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Absolutely!!!

Off topic - Lolz at the avatar

Is that ur first crush saying "Mujse door hato"??
lolz

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
hey you clown, ever heard of bits and BYTES ???
Leave him, I've reported about 10 of his spam posts already.

Everything he's posted till now is SPAM.

And u guys report as soon as u see his posts.

PM HitBoxx someone!!!!

or Raboo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom