Kerala logs Microsoft out of schools

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Yamaraj said:
In stead of making Linux the de-facto standard, they should also introduce
the children to other free and equally good systems like BSD and Solaris.
Well the problem is the community backing for these distros. They are really good distros but they lack the kind of community GNU/Linux has been able to gather. Also, that these operating systems don't offer the kind of total freedom that is offered by Linux, I guess that's what makes them lesser popular. Surely, BSD's are coming up with projects like DesktopBSD and PC-BSD. Anyways this is going way too OT.

Soorya

Broken In
tech_your_future said:
Well the problem is the community backing for these distros. They are really good distros but they lack the kind of community GNU/Linux has been able to gather. Also, that these operating systems don't offer the kind of total freedom that is offered by Linux, I guess that's what makes them lesser popular. Surely, BSD's are coming up with projects like DesktopBSD and PC-BSD. Anyways this is going way too OT.
And too...considering too many OS will not do any good! Let's stick on this revolution with Linux. Wise decision. Good that students get use to Linux from their infant stages of computer literacy. For them Windows will be a piece of cake even when they are exposed to it.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Really gr8 move from Achuthanandan...implememnting free softing for educating students.
But the bad side is that the students will be far away from games like farcry or domm3:p :p

But students need to study windows as well to for the awareness bout spyware/viruses etc....or some viruses/spywares should be released to attack linux platforms too....:p :p

Josan

Gangsta
pathiks said:
good , bt i cant say that will it b better than windws bcoz like millions i hav nt ever seen a comp that is runing with linux
may b ur right ,u must rember that bill Gates is the richest man of the world, so from where this money comes from -He is selling his 10 rs CD in Rs 9500or above,bt the 98 or beond xp OS must b made a freeware!

Last edited:

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Its the root of piracy...ns I think MS deserves it.
[piracy is not focused on any single company-but as far as MS is concerned most will say they deserves it]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom