kaspersky/norton/macfee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saharika

In the zone
i remember one poll here but i could not find it now and that was not that descriptive(as it was poll) so i think i can post it as i am in trouble
i have been using macfee for some time
it seems that it provides better security than norton but it is much annoying that it need lots of updates when ever logged to net it tries to download some thing ..,difficult to keep it updated...

some days ago a trojan (self extracting file) entered in to my system but my AV even didnt show it as trojan...
so i have decided to throw that AV pack
then
which one to install..
i am thinking about AVG but feel like is it able to fight against all ...
if it was able to do all ..then why people are still buying norton and other AV products(talking about AVG Free)

Norton ,i have heard about un installing problem and its fire wall is also not supposed to be that good.
And many virus detected by other AV are not detected by Norton.

Kaspersky ,well it seems to be best software until the disaster strikes...and i have not even found registered version here ..so trial version ends up in no time

then which one to use and why
can any body suggest....
This is not a opinion poll or some thing .I really need help to install a genuie AV Product.
Additional to it, i have spyboy search and destroy,zone alaram...
any thing more needed so that i might be safe from disaster ...
thanks

saha

not going though the name and fame but experience and reality

mohit

The Hardware Labs
i am using kaspersky and it has a magnificient detection rate with frequent database updates .. i really am impressed with its capailities. btw u can try f-secure also which has 2-3 engines and one of them is kaspersky's .. but beware as f-secure is a real resource hog. avg is very decect for detection only .. it cant remove the detected stuff. norton sucks biiiiig time !!!

godsownman

Padawan
Why are people going for the expensive ones when free ones are available.

Many people who I know have a logic behind this . They say that the company is charging us so there must be something in it.( Which is there ! , but not required )

Let me tell you that , for the past 4 years approximately I have been using AVG ( free) and I find it flawless.It is simple to use , does not hog my resources too and quite effective. It has caught quite viruses.

Whereas in the paid versions you may get 5 features more which eventually hog the resources .

So personally I feel that every company has to come out with two types of versions i.e Free and Paid.

Finally its uto the consumer to choose what he wants.

I would recommend AVG free as I have been using it for approx 4 years and am very happy with the excellent service provided.

Regards

mohit

The Hardware Labs
@godsownman
was ur AVG able to remove virii from ur system or just detect them ???

godsownman

Padawan
mohit said:
@godsownman
was ur AVG able to remove virii from ur system or just detect them ???

Depends,

I remember that there was one nasty virus which drove me mad , which finally I had to remove forcefully .

But 99% of the times it does remove the virus after detecting it but it depends on the file infected. If windows controls the file then there are problems sometimes.

Regards

OP
S

Saharika

In the zone
godsownman said:
Depends,

I remember that there was one nasty virus which drove me mad , which finally I had to remove forcefully .

But 99% of the times it does remove the virus after detecting it but it depends on the file infected. If windows controls the file then there are problems sometimes.

Regards
this Depends, sums it all
you feel that your av soft is very good up to the time ,the disaster hits you...
once that AVG was not able to cure that redlof.a virus attach to html files
that one percent is what all these virus need these days...
why does this people makes things like virus in such a wonderful computing world...any way i know nothing can be done being just sentimental...
lets try to be safe...
thanks for replies...

godsownman

Padawan
I know I am 99% safe but 1 % unsafe which is enough make me go mad. But, then there are certain things that are completely outside your hand. How much protection can one take???

I was also wondering that why there are antisocial elements creating and causing damage to all good things.

Regards

choudang

Padawan
im using Kaspersky... i'm impressed within the capabilities that KAV has. i don't want to use other An-V after KAV. i was used Norton 2005 but get bored with the resource time of Norton. KAV is awesome with the startup and detecting virus.

*services.nexodyne.com/email/icon/ucIMZzewKm0LRJRg0eOl/WYkO4lI%3D/SG90bWFpbA%3D%3D/0/image.png

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Am using Kav 2006 beta rock solid everything on and just awesome antivirus. Use it to believe it.

go4saket

KAV is obviously the best but I didn't find the reg key for it and so had to return back to NAV. No doubt NAV is resource hogger, but it's not possible to reinstall the whole OS just to reinstall KAV as the trail version allows us to use the software only for one month.

Biplav

In the zone
ppl try out nod 32.
i ve been usin this quiet some time now.
its really lite on memory and blocks most of the trojans and viruses.
a must try.

infohardik

Broken In
same goes for me Kaspersky scans my PC but along with ZA n i say i require coz many times ZA detects a virus tat Kasper doesnt. But Kasper it it..

OP
S

Saharika

In the zone
i also didnt found serial for kaspersky so dont have any idea what to do...
i really want to use it but after a month it becomes only waste of space...
i even want to buy a local cd but didnt found it
lets see
i should update all my av and should stick to it..
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom