HE-MAN

Ambassador of Buzz
Maybe you have hit the 4gb limit. Most of the time the fup msg will not come. Check ur usage

tanmaymohan

Geek v1.0
Any other method of getting the sim rather than DigitalXpress or Digital stores ? All nearby stores show up out of stock and I am sick and tired of lining up at stores and coming back empty handed

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
Any other method of getting the sim rather than DigitalXpress or Digital stores ? All nearby stores show up out of stock and I am sick and tired of lining up at stores and coming back empty handed

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
Buy them from third party shops for 100-500₹?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
^Except that daily data limit would be 1GB only.
I welcome this move.
Already having two JiO 4G sims,one for myself and one for my spouse.
I had also purchased the JiOFi2 router also.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Still great offer. Hopefully the network coverage improves by the time the free offer ends. Considering to MNP to their network then.

ankushv

Journeyman
I've generated the bar code on my Redmi note 4G and using it in my le eco le2 .

Sent from my GT-I9500

BhargavJ

In the zone
I have two phones, one of which supports 4G. I downloaded the Jio app on that phone and later got the card, and am using it without any problems. I've read on the Internet that the Jio card can also be plugged into a non-4G, 3G kind of phone. Has anyone tried this, using the Jio card in a 3G phone? I have a Xolo Q800 which is not 4G; suppose I want to use the Jio card in this phone, should I download the Jio app in the Xolo phone and generate the code from there or use the other 4G phone for this? I have already used the 4G phone for getting one card and am using that phone with the Jio card installed.

ankushv

Journeyman
As far as I know , the my Jio app does not generate a code on a non 4g phone and also a Jio sim does not work in a 3g phone. Having tried all of the above myself .

Sent from my HM NOTE 1LTE

BhargavJ

In the zone
Thanks for the reply.

There are guides on the Internet on how to use the Jio sim in a 3G phone. These guides involve downloading an app from the Play Store and making some changes in the settings of your phone. After this, you can use the Jio sim in your 3G Phone. I am thinking of trying this out, but first I would need a Jio sim and I've already used my 4G phone to generate one code. Don't know if they allow one 4G phone to generate more than one code, or whether they allow a 3G phone to generate a code.

How about a USB dongle - are there people here who are using a 4G dongle which allows you to insert any sim, whether it is Jio or any other provider? The JioFi device only accepts Jio sims, isn't it?

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
^^The BarCode generation is one per phone..so to get a new SIM u have to use a new phone.

but after getting the SIM, u can use in any other 4G phone.

Zangetsu

Correct, if I am wrong.

Reliance 4G VoLTE still needs data connection for making calls, even on VoLTE phones ? The Calls has to be made using only Jio Dialer app and not Android Dialer app ?

ankushv

Journeyman
On volte enabled phones you use the default Android dialler . On non volte phones you use Jio dialler .
On volte enabled phones data can be off and calls will connect through default Android dialler .
On non volte phones , for the Jio dialler to run and make calls data must always be kept on .

Zangetsu

On volte enabled phones you use the default Android dialler . On non volte phones you use Jio dialler .
On volte enabled phones data can be off and calls will connect through default Android dialler .
On non volte phones , for the Jio dialler to run and make calls data must always be kept on .

My Bro has Redmi Note 3 which is a VoLTE phone If I am not wrong.

He says he has to use Jio Dialer and also with data on to make calls :(

Top Bottom