Rajat_Biswal

Broken In
Jio 4G speed is super amazing. This is the speed I got using Jio.
*forum.digit.in/attachment.php?attachmentid=16322&d=1466011379
jio 4g download speed.PNG
4 to 7MB/s or as average speed of 5MB/s

To get Jio SIM
Contact Reliance Jio employee, anyone selling LYF smartphone at you local place or register on jio.com
Then you have to buy any LYF smartphone. But I'll say buy those costs Rs6500, Rs6899 as these phones are not that great.
You will get Unlimited 4G data, call, message, Live TV for 3 months.

For rural areas this is great thing as I was paying around Rs750 to Rs900 for BSNL broadband & was getting 60KB/s download speed. BSNL broadband goes down many times a month. And one can't do anything about it much.

Jio SIM with this offer of Unlimited 4G for 3 months can be used on LYF phone only. Not working on other phones.
SIM will work with other phones after 3 months offer is passed.

Reliance Jio downtime within one month I used is 5 to 10 mins for once. I haven't seen any other downtime yet.
With BSNL at least there would have been many long down times.

Jio haven't released any tariffs yet as they are now in testing phase. I think they will release soon in 2 or 3 months or maximum December of this year.

Anyone using Jio can share their thoughts. And who want to buy ask some questions too.
I'm a Jio + LYF user only. So I'll share whatever I get to know.

tanmaymohan

Geek v1.0
Still waiting for a non-LYF Jio SIM to be launched :(

Edit : btw a bit offtopic though, thought of adding some info here

Saw Reliance Jio Wi-Fi service across Mall Road, Mussoorie (tourist spot) during my vacation.

*i.imgur.com/WOka93C.jpg

*imgur.com/7Q5K9UQ.jpg

Speeds were respectable but unstable although I guess they were kicking me for downloading too much :p (used about 1.5GB). I was getting around 3-4MB/sec in ADM(Android)

*www.speedtest.net/android/1936835519.png

Last edited:
OP
Rajat_Biswal

Rajat_Biswal

Broken In
Still waiting for a non-LYF Jio SIM to be launched :(

Edit : btw a bit offtopic though, thought of adding some info here

Saw Reliance Jio Wi-Fi service across Mall Road, Mussoorie (tourist spot) during my vacation.

*i.imgur.com/WOka93C.jpg

*imgur.com/7Q5K9UQ.jpg

Speeds were respectable but unstable although I guess they were kicking me for downloading too much :p (used about 1.5GB). I was getting around 3-4MB/sec in ADM(Android)

*www.speedtest.net/android/1936835519.png

According to some news, some employees said Jio may release on this September. But they have no confirmation officially. So one can get Jio SIM which can be used with other phones when it's released.
But for now to enjoy Jio 4G one need to buy LYF phone.

I'm wifi tethering to my other smartphone & laptop.

tanmaymohan

Geek v1.0
Hope they come with some unlimited plans for early birds so that I can exploit it to the fullest. Kinda love those speeds haha

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Unlimited plans is a distant dream.. I kinda wish there was a plan similar to 30 gb rs 500 plan like reliance 3g. Obviously that's way too naive to assume these money hungry companies would provide such an economical plan.. Did u know it takes significantly less money to establish and maintain 4g as compared to 3g.. :/

swatkats

The TroubleShooter!
UNLIMITED on wireless is a big joke. No one will have proper experience then.. If anyone is offering UNLIMITED ACCESS on wireless then probably you're getting 512kb or 1mbps.

I kinda wish there was a plan similar to 30 gb rs 500 plan like reliance 3g. Obviously that's way too naive to assume these money hungry companies would provide such an economical plan..
Postpaid plans are likely to be around (Based on Phoneradar)
If your monthly pack is ~ 500-600. you shall get around 8GB 4G + Unlimited calls
If your monthly pack is around ~1000-1100 you shall get around 20GB 4G + Unlimited calls

Prepaid plans are likely to be:

1GB @ Rs 99 for 15days, 3GB @ Rs 249 for 30days..

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Reliance did offer 30 GB 3G + UL 2G afterwards For Rs 499 in my circle with good enough speeds (512 KB/s which is around 4 mbps, mostly)
If there is an equivalent plan like that for 4G, im in

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
One of my friend who works in Reliance has told me that Jio is planning to offer 75Gb in Rs 200 and that too along with 4500 mins. Now, that is complete insane. I don't believe it. He said that Jio is planning to "revolutionize" data tariff as Rel CDMA earlier did in call rates.

Also, those 3 month unlimited plans are capped at 75gb, as per him.

funskar

Padawan
Is there any way to make jio sim work with non lyf phones ?

Yes just put it in another lte copatible phone but be sure your jio previe offer will get ended :laughing_NF:
Here a guy bought 4k one lyf handset and inserted the sim into s6e but after 2 days all offers were stopped.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Reliance is testing the Jio and has given the two 4G SIM to all its employees.
Once they get a good response from the Employees they will release it at year end may be

funskar

Padawan
wow, better not try on other phones then

yeah ..
and buying without jio invite the data is cap is 75gb on all models except water n earth models which has 99gb data cap.
4500 mins on all models..
just try to get a invite from jio.com u will get everything unlimited until jio official launch..
and keep in mind to fill the exact name which is written on your identity address proofs

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Jio tested their network through WiFi and 4G at our college a few months back. Damn, it was a solid network. Great routing and amazing throughput. Let's hope the pricing is good everywhere when it launches.

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
A friend of mine who had Rcom cdma Postpaid with UL download got it converted to 4G with UL download on 4G for Rs. 700 pm I guess.. He is living like king :) I am jealous of him.

Btw, for OP what after 3 months, I don't want again stupid 10G data for Rs. 999 !

Top Bottom