Japanese Scientists Create Elastic Water

Status
Not open for further replies.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Elastic Water could eventually replace plastic, or be used in an environmentally-safe plastic.

*media.bestofmicro.com/,Y-N-237119-3.jpg

Bernama, a part of the Malaysian National News Agency, reports that Japanese scientists have created “elastic water." Developed at the Tokyo University, the new material consists mostly of water--95-percent--with an added two grams of clay and organic material. The resulting substance resembles jelly, but is extremely elastic and transparent.

The invention was originally revealed last week in the latest issue of the Nature scientific magazine. According to the article, the new material is quite safe for the environment and humans, and may be a “long-term” tool in medical technology, possibly to help wounded or surgically cut tissue to remain closed.

Bernama also reports that--by increasing its density--the new material could be used to produce "ecologically plastic materials," or could replace plastic altogether. This aspect is still under investigation until September 2010. However, if successful, the scientists may have found a way to make the world a little greener.

*www.tomsguide.com/us/Japanese-Elastic-Water-Plastic-Tokyo,news-5635.html

Gollum

Collector
wow, that's great news. Finally there is something which can replace the Plastic from this world.

azzu

AJJU
xcellent
95 % water and less iz organic material
thats great news but how effective can that be in our real life ?

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
And it will increase cost of water, once water is needed for production of materials.

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
Cool...now all the pee could be squeezed up inside till I can finally get out of my class!! Must be able to buy me 20 mins I hope...

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ but for that you might have to go the lab first as the development is not finalized and I don't think it would be that much easy so that you can make plastic out of any kind of water in classroom :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom