IT Carrier without maths?? Critical!!!

Suhail Malik

Broken In
Hey everyone.....
I just last year passed my 10th class exams nd now in 11th class i have opted for just medical subjucts i.e i have not took up mathematics (coz trignomentary always haunted me)...
Now the problem is that i always wanted an good carrier in IT. So now my question is :
Can i still have a good carrier in IT when mathematics is not my subjuct is High School???

sharang.d

Youngling
What are you planning to do after 12th?
Also for IT career you need good 10-12th level maths viz the stuff asked in aptitude exams. SO as long as you know that you'll be fine

papul1993

not a newbie.....
Nope. AFAIK, maths is needed for IT.

Maths ain't hard. Either you didn't work hard or your teacher sucked. I think it was both. Maths is like a jigsaw puzzle. As you practice you learn how to put the pieces of the puzzle together.

dexbg

Journeyman
If you hate Math then Physics will give you a harder time.. not trying to scare you or anything .. :p

just tough it out for 2 yrs of school and first year of engineering.. I did .. I loved & excelled in Bio & Computers but had to pick Math so I could continue down the Engg Stream and also becoz I was too lazy to become a doctor..

Hrishi

Permutations and Combinations ,Algorithms,probability,statistics,Computations ,Algebra etc .

It will really depend which branch of IT you will be heading into. THough As far as Programming and development is concerned ,fundamental mathematics plays an important role.

Mathematics will always be an advantaage for you. It improves your logical abilities , which is the most important part.

shashankm

I reign hell..
Cutting it short, you ought to have maths if planning a career in IT. I have been saved many a times by quoting few of the binomial theorums, permutations and what not mathematical theories in many of my reports, presentations, believe it or not!
It is needed otherwise, look elsewhere!

OP
S

Suhail Malik

Broken In
So in nutshell, u people r saying that NO I CANT HAVE IT CARRIER UNTIL I OPT FOR MATHS!!! HUH???
Wohow thar was really harsh :(

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^You may be bad at it, but you "had' it. Having maths is always a plus point, otherwise it'd be a bit tough, but possible if you're ready to work hard enough.

Hrishi

For subjects like Physics , etc Mathematics is a mandate , but for IT and computer Science mathematics is an added advantage.

If you want to pursue B.Tech/B.E.(CS/IT) you need maths for sure.
If you want to Pursue MCa you will still need maths at 10+2 level.

THese are the two reputable degrees in IT/CS field.

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
c'mon getting passing marks in math is very easy. keep maths if you want to crack aptitude tests to get to IT job interview :p

OP
S

Suhail Malik

Broken In
Well now I am gonna first pass my 10+2 in Medical Subjects and then I am gonna give my 10+2 Maths exams separately (as a private student). Though it is gonna take a extra year but however it appears to be worth (in my case) and also during this extra year I am also gonna try to pass Medical Entrance Exams.

pratyush997

Inactive
Well I'm too in a boat in same size but a diff one !! I opted PCM! ri8 now I'm in 11th! BTW Maths is really goddamn tough!! MATHS+PHYSICS ......No words to tell!

OP
S

Suhail Malik

Broken In
Well I'm too in a boat in same size but a diff one !! I opted PCM! ri8 now I'm in 11th! BTW Maths is really goddamn tough!! MATHS+PHYSICS ......No words to tell!

^ agreed. But in my case it is Physics + Maths = Physics - Maths
because all the formulas and all the trigonometry for which I left Maths are in the syllabus of 10+2 Physics :(
I wish I had opted for Non-Med...

pratyush997

Inactive
THough It ain't tough like Sanskrit :lol: I opted that as my 2nd language in 10th seriously Regreted!!! Yeah Trignometry amazingly ........ but its better to opt it cuz u will always need it in all exams/tests/olympiads but identities never ever be utilized in ur whole faqin life!!!!

Top Bottom