.iso displayed as .rar (archieved)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Guys,

i hv an ISO file (in compressed rar format) which (in its original state) shud be displayed as a image file after extracting using winRAR 3.71, but sum how i do not knw wat, after i extract that RAR file, i DO NOT get an ISO image file (tat same blue colored file&cd icon tat we get either for .nrg or for .iso)

I again get a .rar file !!!

i need to mount this iso file, but i cant for the simple reason tat it is jus NOT displyed as ISO image.. plz help..

I hv Win XP PRO SP3 and winRAR 3.71
----------------------

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^Thats because you associated WinRAR with .ISO while installing it. Uninstall and Re-Install WinRAR but this time, do not select the .ISO format when it asks for the associations.

ArZuNeOs

In the zone
Oh boy easy dont worry 2 ways

1st Mode-Fire up [open up ] WinRaR
Goto Options > Settings > Integration > Deselect ISO

2nd Mode-Open Windows Explorer or click on My Computer
Goto Tools > Folder Options > File Types > Find out .ISO file type from the list shown
In the Details Choose "Open with" Then "Change Button"Associate with the program you want it to open

Salud

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

thanx to both of u guys...esp. arzuneos..as both the options said by u made it really work..coz in tools > folder options > file types, there was no ISO extension mentioned, so created a new extension named ISO and in the advanced tab selected nero disk image as its suitable app.. and it did the trick :)

-------------------

Cheers n e-peace...

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
You can also use some great utilities for mounting ISO files which may sometimes save time and dvds.Try Daemon tools/Alcohol120% or PowerISO . All these 3 are the best virtual drive softwares.

Pathik

Google Bot
Daemon tools FTW. And you can also just simply open that ISO with Nero or Magic ISO without meddling with integration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom