is this the end of my hdd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mandar5

Youngling
hi guys today when i was playing project igi my pc hanged during loading n when i restarted there is no response pls tell me what to do now thanks

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
@Mandar5, How old is your HD? Just check whether your HD is being detected by the BIOS.

OP
M

mandar5

Youngling
JGuru said:
@Mandar5, How old is your HD? Just check whether your HD is being detected by the BIOS.
my hdd is 2 yr old and even my monitor refuses to start n cd drive dont open

sridhar8310

Broken In
It need not be your hdd only that is the cause of the problem. If you are getting any beeps from your system(if your system speaker is up) while boot up then it means either your ram needs to be readjusted (plug it out and then in again). If you have a graphics card then check that one too, 'cos it too creates problem of that sort although the beep count is different. The main reason why I don't suspect a prob with your hdd is that the display itself doesn't come up .. now if your hdd was the problem, the display shoudn't be affected!!!!

OP
M

mandar5

Youngling
thanks guys 4 advice when i turn on pc the green light of cabinet is on but not red one also my speaker light turn on but monitor doesnt do u think i have messed with log off button?thanks:)

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
i think if u dont know much abt self servicing then u should take the PC to a computer dealer.. they will check out the whole thing and tell u what part has gone bad. i think most prob it is ur mobo.

DukeNukem

Come get Some
Try Removing the data cable of your HDD and then start your Computer.
then turn it off
then plug the data cable of the HDD Again

Well it works for me when i faced the same Probs. while playing dinosaur

OP
M

mandar5

Youngling
Rollercoaster said:
i think if u dont know much abt self servicing then u should take the PC to a computer dealer.. they will check out the whole thing and tell u what part has gone bad. i think most prob it is ur mobo.
absolutely im chemistry student n dunno much of pc

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom