Is This New Rig Good???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello every one have got this new rig yesterday and belive me i was n idiot as i was going for a Intel platform before but thank god i didnt this AMD is just Awesome Man i m choked till Neck... :eek:
Amd64 3200+ 939 pin
Asus A8N-E Mobo
1GB Corsair DDR 400Mhz Ram
Philips 19'' CRT Monitor
120GB Sata Seagate HDD
XFX 6600GT 128MB GPU
Artis 5.1 speakers
Asus DVD-ROM,CD-RW
Wipro 600VA UPS
400w SMPS
Microsoft-Keyboard & Optical mouse
Cabinet-Ibox

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
nice system but instead of Artis 5.1 speakers u shud hav gone for Altec lancsing and eva 160GB instead of going for 120GB but still its pretty gud.
congrats for ur nu rig....happy computing

godzi_85

In the zone
ya dude what`s the price man????????????
hmm i think the arits is cheaper than altec lansing? isn`t it????????????
btw how much for the ram/

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Hey I think Uve spent bout 50k!!!
I think 160 GB is better when cost/MB is calculated nd U could have got an Xtra 40 BG for a few bucks.
Any way this is a powerful PC for home use nd gaming.
Congrats dude.

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
darklord said:
Decent Rig.

BTW
the 3200+ you have is a Winchester or Venice core ?

How to find that packed box contains ... Winchester or Venice core or claw hammer ?

OP
D

diabolic_saint

Broken In
Amd64 3200+ 939 pin-8600
Asus A8N-E Mobo-8800
1GB Corsair DDR 400Mhz Ram-6200
Philips 19'' CRT Monitor-13400
120GB Sata Seagate HDD-3600
XFX 6600GT 128MB GPU-10800
Artis 5.1 speakers-5600
Asus DVD-ROM,CD-RW-3100
Wipro 600VA UPS-1800
400w SMPS-1600
Microsoft-Keyboard & Optical mouse-1700
Cabinet-Ibox-1400
TOTAL-65000/-

OP
D

diabolic_saint

Broken In
hii plz suggest me any gud 5.1 speakers with WIRELESS REMOTE.i went for this because i liked it wen my vendor showed it to me but its ok i mean decent not bad at all and the main reason was to go for this artis was its wireless remote but as one of my cousin want that so i'll give it to him and will buy any other good speaker.tell me a good UPS as my wipro isnt that good just have 5-6 min backup which is really very less.well i wont have that much of use of 160GB,120GB is more then enough for me.

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
diabolic_saint said:
hii plz suggest me any gud 5.1 speakers with WIRELESS REMOTE.i went for this because i liked it wen my vendor showed it to me but its ok i mean decent not bad at all and the main reason was to go for this artis was its wireless remote but as one of my cousin want that so i'll give it to him and will buy any other good speaker.tell me a good UPS as my wipro isnt that good just have 5-6 min backup which is really very less.well i wont have that much of use of 160GB,120GB is more then enough for me.

You can go for the Altec Lansing VS3151-R.. will cost around 5-6k depending on your area. These are decent 5.1 speakers with wireless remote...

mohit

The Hardware Labs
good rig except speakers ... go for the altec lansing vs 3151 r ... use cpu-z to check the core of ur processor. and ya i hope u have bought a good branded smps such as powersafe,antec etc coz ur rig is an expensive high end one and a cheap psu can screw it. take care. and u shud have gone for a 800VA UPS as u r using a 19" crt. enjoy !!!

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
true u shud go for 800VA which will give u more backup.and altec lancsing is any day betta then artis.if u want u can eva go for a gud soundcard as well its not needed but still if u really wanna gud sound quality only then other wise ur onboard will b enough..

mohit

The Hardware Labs
@Aniruddh
A sound card is really not required unless your are one hell of a music freak.. these days all mobos come shipped with good onboard sound.

For UPS,
APC is the best but very expensive. Numeric is a good alternative and comes with 2 years warranty on battery also and onsite service which is very prompt.

APC 600 VA - around 3,000/-
Numeric 600 VA - 2,050/-
Numeric 800VA - 4,000/-

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
is it corsair xms or not?

with value select there is memory issue

i too have corsair value select 2 X 512mb ddr 400 with asus a8n-e and it crashes with games like ron,hitman : contracts

which bios do you have?

which ram will you change to?

goobimama

 Macboy
I think a sound card plays quite an important role in your sound experience. Plug in an Audigy ZS and see the difference. You will not have realised the true potential of your speakers without a decent sound card....

I'm stuck with a Live 5.1 platinum....let's see what fortune has for me....

One question, what should I go in for: The Artis X10 or the Creative Megaworks 550 THX? Digit rated the Artis as the best performance while Techtree.com didn't give the artis much value....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom