Is this genuine ??

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Recently Purchased DDr3 4GB ram module from Amazon.in. The box pack of the ram is totally different from what I've purchased on Feb 2015. Please have a look and tell me if it's genuine ? or else I'll return it.

*i.imgur.com/PvPdBTe.jpg

*i.imgur.com/Jnqrkxn.jpg

*i.imgur.com/cZTMgVz.jpg

*i.imgur.com/PuldGX7.jpg

*i.imgur.com/hDxPNau.jpg

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
The Distributor name is genuine and if you need to confirm buddy please raise a ticket in the corsair online RMA website here:*corsair.secure.force.com/

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Check the info in hardware monitor software, CPUID or HW64

Looks ok to me, check this link
CORSAIR ValueSelect 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3L 1600 (PC3L 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMV4GX3M1C1600C11 - Newegg.com

From corsair domain (not able to find exact product)
Corsair Memory — 2GB (1x2GB) DDR3L 1600MHz CL11 DIMM (CMV2GX3M1C1600C11)

How much did you pay ?

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for the reply guys. Corsair has no way to check warranty details based on S/N on their website. So raised a ticket with their support. I know the distributor and has purchased several item of Neoteric.
[MENTION=20614]Faun[/MENTION] : Thanks for the newegg link and this made my all doubts go away. Corsair used to use heat sealed based packs only but this new packaging might just have eased the process of counterfeiting corsair rams. Anyway, Paid 1700 bucks for this.

Here's some more info on the module :
Corsair Memory — 4GB DDR3 Memory (CMV4GX3M1A1600C11)

Amazon.in and newegg have some different picture which was root of all doubts :
Amazon.in: Buy Corsair CMV4GX3M1A1600C11 4GB Memory Online at Low Prices in India | Corsair Reviews & Ratings
CORSAIR 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 Desktop Memory Model CMV4GX3M1A1600C11 - Newegg.com

BTW, going to wait for an official response from corsair ;) and cpu-z testing is kinda little bit difficult to perform for me right now. I will keep you all posted though.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
You bought a C11 memory module? Isn't that supposed to be very bad compared to C9? In terms of latency? :/

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
So how much memory you got upgraded to ?

You bought a C11 memory module? Isn't that supposed to be very bad compared to C9? In terms of latency? :/

This one is for an experimental build. I've 8GB C9 - still did not feel a need to have more.

- - - Updated - - -

Update : got reply from Corsair [ sent them invoice copy and couple of snaps with s/n and upc code ] and it's genuine :D

Top Bottom